Welcome Guest
You last visited December 10, 2016, 7:35 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

LUCK. born with it or...?

Topic closed. 18 replies. Last post 9 years ago by justxploring.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink

Can you create luck? Can you make yourself become lucky?

No, you're either born lucky or not [ 3 ]  [15.79%]
It's all in the stars [ 3 ]  [15.79%]
I've been trying, hasn't happened [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
You can't force "the cosmos" [ 1 ]  [5.26%]
Want to buy some talismans? [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
You can think positive, but you can't force luck [ 9 ]  [47.37%]
Some are lucky, some are cursed [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
Hey, read The Luck Factor, great book [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
I'm lucky - I'm a leprechuan! [ 2 ]  [10.53%]
Other- 'splain Lucy [ 1 ]  [5.26%]
Total Valid Votes [ 19 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 1 ]  
Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
Zeta Reticuli Star System
United States
Member #30470
January 17, 2006
10354 Posts
Posted: July 11, 2007, 11:16 am - IP Logged

What do you say? Can we force luck, can we do things to make us lucky, or are you either born lucky or not?

Are very lucky people just born that way, end of story? 

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

Coastal Georgia
    United States
    Member #2653
    October 30, 2003
    1866 Posts
    Posted: July 11, 2007, 11:46 am - IP Logged

I'm a positive thinker- I'm positive I have no luck Dead

SlingKing's avatar - Crown
      Bullhead City Az
      United States
      Member #49777
      February 13, 2007
      24 Posts
      Posted: July 11, 2007, 12:03 pm - IP Logged

Some are born lucky, and take it for granted, but everyone is lucky with something

Lucky to be Irish Lep

One time, a thing occurred to me... Whats real, and whats for sale?

four4me's avatar - gate1
        MD
        United States
        Member #1701
        June 18, 2003
        8364 Posts
        Posted: July 11, 2007, 1:01 pm - IP Logged

A old guy i used to work with says everybody has 15 minutes of luck every day. You might not realize it or even know your having a lucky episode but if you think real hard about it during the day you will experience it.

Examples are
        There is a hot cup of coffee on your desk you swipe it by accident and before it falls into you lap you catch it.

Everyone that drives has had their share of luck by having a near accident. But didn't get struck or strike another vehicle or person.

You walk into a place and play 3 numbers in keno for 1 game those three numbers come out you play another three numbers and those numbers come out you play another three numbers and they come out also. You just had about 10 minutes of luck. All of the sudden you play multiple numbers in keno and start losing time's up. your luck is used up for the day.
        There are all kinds of examples of this you just have to tap into it.

Westerose
          Canada
          Member #52915
          June 15, 2007
          189 Posts
          Posted: July 11, 2007, 1:39 pm - IP Logged

You have to allow yourself to be lucky. Everyone has this ability within them. A person can be as lucky as they want to be. It is as if luck is as easy as breathing. Simply remember how to be lucky.

When you start to realize that you can allow luckiness in your life then miracles will begin to happen all around you. You can begin to feel this within yourself as you are reading these very words. Allow luck into your life! Allow luck into your life now! :)

You live a life of abundance! You have won the lottery! Belief creates reality! Believe!

United States
            Member #17555
            June 22, 2005
            5582 Posts
            Posted: July 11, 2007, 2:08 pm - IP Logged

I'm hoping I won't get crucified for my opinion, but I chose the sixth choice from the top.

You can be positive, but you can't force luck. Infact it's a good thing to feel positive because not only does your immune system benefit, but your entire body and mind.

Outside of the above, in my opinion, it's all mumbo jumbo. As much as the unicorn exists, the tooth fairy,Thor, santa clause, and the boogy monster.

I've known many people at both ends of the positive and negative spectrum having good and bad luck in their lives. I just try to be thankful when luck does come my way, like 6 days ago with a straight hit in Florida. I didn't force it, I didn't chant mantras, I didn't light any candles, and I didn't pray to the JU JU god on top of Mount Kilimanjgaro.

Infact I was very frustrated that day when I was filling out my betslip. Not positive.

justxploring's avatar - villiarna
              Wandering Aimlessly
              United States
              Member #25360
              November 5, 2005
              4461 Posts
              Posted: July 11, 2007, 2:34 pm - IP Logged

I chose that you can think positive, but you can't force luck.  I also agree with four4me because each day we have some luck that comes our way. I feel lucky just to have a roof over my head.  On the other hand, I'm not sure the term is "luck" at all. 

Regarding a "near miss" - last week there was a bad accident ahead of me.  Was I lucky because I was a few minutes behind?  Sure, I was. Does that means the driver ahead of me was very unlucky? Was he just in the wrong place at the wrong time when the truck next to him hydroplaned and spun into his car? I have a friend whose husband was shot to death in a convenience store.  Last month I was shocked when I read in the paper that a former co-worker & friend drowned in a freak boating accident.  So are all these people very, very unlucky because I'm still here?  My next door neighbor was diagnosed with cancer 4 years ago and still smokes his brains out, but he hasn't kicked the bucket yet (which is a mystery to me) so maybe he's much luckier than my aunt who died from lung cancer in February only months after being diagnosed.  By the way, she never smoked a day in her life.

Yesterday I turned on the news and a plane had just landed on top of a home because it was trying to make an emergency landing and missed the airport.  A family is in critical condition.  Could they have gone back in time to prevent this horrible quirk of fate?  (anyone ever see the movie Donnie Darko?) Did their thoughts cause the pilot to land short of the runway? 

People talk about past lives and "Karma" but does this mean if, in another life, you were cruel and thoughtless you are now doomed to pay for the sins of a former being?  Are the people who win the big jackpots descendants of saints and do-gooders?

I guess my feeling about luck is that our attitudes can definitely have a strong influence on what happens in our lives, but all we can do is smile, pray & put our best foot forward, hoping we don't get struck by lightning or get hit in the head by a falling meteorite.      

truecritic's avatar - PirateTreasure
                Michigan
                United States
                Member #22395
                September 24, 2005
                1583 Posts
                Posted: July 11, 2007, 3:01 pm - IP Logged

four4me

You walk into a place and play 3 numbers in keno for 1 game those three numbers come out you play another three numbers and those numbers come out you play another three numbers and they come out also. You just had about 10 minutes of luck. All of the sudden you play multiple numbers in keno and start losing time's up. your luck is used up for the day.

I've NEVER had that kind of luck.    I am quite lucky at car accidents though.  And a lot of other things that do not involve money.

United States
                  Member #16612
                  June 2, 2005
                  3493 Posts
                  Posted: July 11, 2007, 3:13 pm - IP Logged

I just have too much bad luck as my vote.

Brazil
                    Member #51781
                    April 24, 2007
                    384 Posts
                    Posted: July 11, 2007, 4:02 pm - IP Logged

You have to allow yourself to be lucky. Everyone has this ability within them. A person can be as lucky as they want to be. It is as if luck is as easy as breathing. Simply remember how to be lucky.

When you start to realize that you can allow luckiness in your life then miracles will begin to happen all around you. You can begin to feel this within yourself as you are reading these very words. Allow luck into your life! Allow luck into your life now! :)

Not everybody like or know how to hyperventilate, for rise their vibrations ... Some person would easily do this type of thing.

Sometimes, I wonder about how much "positive" persons would know how to breath ... It is a breeze for some individuals! 

justxploring's avatar - villiarna
                      Wandering Aimlessly
                      United States
                      Member #25360
                      November 5, 2005
                      4461 Posts
                      Posted: July 11, 2007, 4:16 pm - IP Logged

I just have too much bad luck as my vote.

Sorry to hear that.  You are so young.  Don't get into a 50 year rut like I did, traveling down the path to nowhere.  You can turn the wheel, shift into gear and take off for new & amazing places. Just do it before you run out of gas**

**I wrote that metaphorically.  When you get older, you never run out of gas. 

Westerose
                        Canada
                        Member #52915
                        June 15, 2007
                        189 Posts
                        Posted: July 11, 2007, 5:48 pm - IP Logged

Not everybody like or know how to hyperventilate, for rise their vibrations ... Some person would easily do this type of thing.

Sometimes, I wonder about how much "positive" persons would know how to breath ... It is a breeze for some individuals! 

It's about allowing, the reference to breathing was a metaphor. What I am talking about is not a breathing technique. Instead it is allowing the abundance of the universe to flow to you.

It's about unlearning all the BS constraints placed upon us by culture, religion, morals, and such that are designed to tear us down rather than build us up.

Stop listening to people who want to box up your possibilities.  Simpley stop listening to them. Start listening to your inner voice and what you want to hear. What you truely want to hear. Hold onto what you want.

You can. I can. 

The opinions and views of others on your Luck are just that opinions. Your own reality in regards to luck is up to you.

Everyone can start listening to their inner voice, their inner desire, their inner guide to take them to that desire.  Listen to what's inside of you.

Stop listening to people that want to box you up. Start listening to people who can enforce your positive growth on your path to your dreams.

Do this now and you feel start to realize that your dreams are becoming closer to you.

You live a life of abundance! You have won the lottery! Belief creates reality! Believe!

Brazil
                          Member #51781
                          April 24, 2007
                          384 Posts
                          Posted: July 11, 2007, 9:40 pm - IP Logged

It's about allowing, the reference to breathing was a metaphor. What I am talking about is not a breathing technique. Instead it is allowing the abundance of the universe to flow to you.

It's about unlearning all the BS constraints placed upon us by culture, religion, morals, and such that are designed to tear us down rather than build us up.

Stop listening to people who want to box up your possibilities.  Simpley stop listening to them. Start listening to your inner voice and what you want to hear. What you truely want to hear. Hold onto what you want.

You can. I can. 

The opinions and views of others on your Luck are just that opinions. Your own reality in regards to luck is up to you.

Everyone can start listening to their inner voice, their inner desire, their inner guide to take them to that desire.  Listen to what's inside of you.

Stop listening to people that want to box you up. Start listening to people who can enforce your positive growth on your path to your dreams.

Do this now and you feel start to realize that your dreams are becoming closer to you.

The Flux and the energy flow also use a breathing technique ... Like sports and music , breathing is a important part , it is "so basic" ... 

Hyperventilation is not a metaphor , if someone wanted to measure the electrical activity of the Brain . This could be used , like when a person need to Breath and count from one until ten to calm down . 

I even remember a (mini) comic book that has a story about the pigs, the Bad Wolf and a negative dog ... Breathing is one of the 'positive' points , like focusing in the energy flow. Sure that some "blue" could be a little 'sad' and use the Aura to drain or dodge energy , even trying to drain the "Grace" auric knew as "luck" ...

Inner guides are spirits and sometimes (most of the time) could be falsehood spirit.  Some people are simply using some old techniques ...  If you use a bright aura that emanate from the Universe or the Cosmos , most of the time some persons are falling into tapping into one of the Powers of the Universe , like the "Natural Forces" ,even the Death or Devil... 

United States
                            Member #17555
                            June 22, 2005
                            5582 Posts
                            Posted: July 11, 2007, 9:50 pm - IP Logged

The Flux and the energy flow also use a breathing technique ... Like sports and music , breathing is a important part , it is "so basic" ... 

Hyperventilation is not a metaphor , if someone wanted to measure the electrical activity of the Brain . This could be used , like when a person need to Breath and count from one until ten to calm down . 

I even remember a (mini) comic book that has a story about the pigs, the Bad Wolf and a negative dog ... Breathing is one of the 'positive' points , like focusing in the energy flow. Sure that some "blue" could be a little 'sad' and use the Aura to drain or dodge energy , even trying to drain the "Grace" auric knew as "luck" ...

Inner guides are spirits and sometimes (most of the time) could be falsehood spirit.  Some people are simply using some old techniques ...  If you use a bright aura that emanate from the Universe or the Cosmos , most of the time some persons are falling into tapping into one of the Powers of the Universe , like the "Natural Forces" ,even the Death or Devil... 

Green laugh

Brazil
                              Member #51781
                              April 24, 2007
                              384 Posts
                              Posted: July 11, 2007, 10:03 pm - IP Logged

I Agree!

But , this time the 'other poster that started'  . At least now we could knew a little more about the "sad" complainers and the 'energy'  draining of Lucky ... Also well know for colling water (more dense = ICE ) ...  Pray , pray and pray .