Welcome Guest
You last visited December 5, 2016, 7:43 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

LUCK. born with it or...?

Topic closed. 18 replies. Last post 9 years ago by justxploring.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink

Can you create luck? Can you make yourself become lucky?

No, you're either born lucky or not [ 3 ]  [15.79%]
It's all in the stars [ 3 ]  [15.79%]
I've been trying, hasn't happened [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
You can't force "the cosmos" [ 1 ]  [5.26%]
Want to buy some talismans? [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
You can think positive, but you can't force luck [ 9 ]  [47.37%]
Some are lucky, some are cursed [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
Hey, read The Luck Factor, great book [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
I'm lucky - I'm a leprechuan! [ 2 ]  [10.53%]
Other- 'splain Lucy [ 1 ]  [5.26%]
Total Valid Votes [ 19 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 1 ]  
Coastal Georgia
United States
Member #2653
October 30, 2003
1866 Posts
Posted: July 11, 2007, 11:41 pm - IP Logged

I chose that you can think positive, but you can't force luck.  I also agree with four4me because each day we have some luck that comes our way. I feel lucky just to have a roof over my head.  On the other hand, I'm not sure the term is "luck" at all. 

Regarding a "near miss" - last week there was a bad accident ahead of me.  Was I lucky because I was a few minutes behind?  Sure, I was. Does that means the driver ahead of me was very unlucky? Was he just in the wrong place at the wrong time when the truck next to him hydroplaned and spun into his car? I have a friend whose husband was shot to death in a convenience store.  Last month I was shocked when I read in the paper that a former co-worker & friend drowned in a freak boating accident.  So are all these people very, very unlucky because I'm still here?  My next door neighbor was diagnosed with cancer 4 years ago and still smokes his brains out, but he hasn't kicked the bucket yet (which is a mystery to me) so maybe he's much luckier than my aunt who died from lung cancer in February only months after being diagnosed.  By the way, she never smoked a day in her life.

Yesterday I turned on the news and a plane had just landed on top of a home because it was trying to make an emergency landing and missed the airport.  A family is in critical condition.  Could they have gone back in time to prevent this horrible quirk of fate?  (anyone ever see the movie Donnie Darko?) Did their thoughts cause the pilot to land short of the runway? 

People talk about past lives and "Karma" but does this mean if, in another life, you were cruel and thoughtless you are now doomed to pay for the sins of a former being?  Are the people who win the big jackpots descendants of saints and do-gooders?

I guess my feeling about luck is that our attitudes can definitely have a strong influence on what happens in our lives, but all we can do is smile, pray & put our best foot forward, hoping we don't get struck by lightning or get hit in the head by a falling meteorite.      

Well said ! 

jarasan's avatar - new patrick.gif
    Harbinger
    D.C./MD.
    United States
    Member #44103
    July 30, 2006
    5583 Posts
    Posted: July 11, 2007, 11:45 pm - IP Logged

Sorry to hear that.  You are so young.  Don't get into a 50 year rut like I did, traveling down the path to nowhere.  You can turn the wheel, shift into gear and take off for new & amazing places. Just do it before you run out of gas**

**I wrote that metaphorically.  When you get older, you never run out of gas. 

Ha! Last sentence. Global warming. It is going to be their excuse to euthanize us.

jarasan's avatar - new patrick.gif
      Harbinger
      D.C./MD.
      United States
      Member #44103
      July 30, 2006
      5583 Posts
      Posted: July 12, 2007, 12:00 am - IP Logged

The Flux and the energy flow also use a breathing technique ... Like sports and music , breathing is a important part , it is "so basic" ... 

Hyperventilation is not a metaphor , if someone wanted to measure the electrical activity of the Brain . This could be used , like when a person need to Breath and count from one until ten to calm down . 

I even remember a (mini) comic book that has a story about the pigs, the Bad Wolf and a negative dog ... Breathing is one of the 'positive' points , like focusing in the energy flow. Sure that some "blue" could be a little 'sad' and use the Aura to drain or dodge energy , even trying to drain the "Grace" auric knew as "luck" ...

Inner guides are spirits and sometimes (most of the time) could be falsehood spirit.  Some people are simply using some old techniques ...  If you use a bright aura that emanate from the Universe or the Cosmos , most of the time some persons are falling into tapping into one of the Powers of the Universe , like the "Natural Forces" ,even the Death or Devil... 

Good insight, thanks.

I am going to try better breathing techniques when brain storming, maybe some of the old computing capabilities will reactivate.  There are some dormant sectors that maybe brought back on-line by forced overdriving of synaptic interconnects.  I've been trying to loosen things up a bit with Omega-3 and have had some success, the breathing techniques can only help.

Luck is fleeting it comes and it goes, you know when it is present, and the best thing to do is go with the flow. Accept it but don't expect it.

And if luck seems elusive, try a different road, you will run into it,

Metaphorically speaking:

It is like you are in Atlanta, GA. sooner or later you will run into a Peachtree.

lolSun Smiley

justxploring's avatar - villiarna
        Wandering Aimlessly
        United States
        Member #25360
        November 5, 2005
        4461 Posts
        Posted: July 12, 2007, 12:37 am - IP Logged

Ha! Last sentence. Global warming. It is going to be their excuse to euthanize us.

Yes, eventually beans will be outlawed!  LOL  There will be a belching underground. 

Since I was talking about aging, how about if they youth-anize us instead?  Wink