Welcome Guest
You last visited December 8, 2016, 9:11 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Celebration Meal after a Jackpot win?

Topic closed. 25 replies. Last post 9 years ago by LOTTOMIKE.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
Westerose
Canada
Member #52915
June 15, 2007
189 Posts
Posted: July 14, 2007, 2:16 am - IP Logged

Okay so this is a post for all those in to visualizing a Lottery Jackpot win.

Realistically where and what would you have for your first Jackpot Celebration meal. The one you have just after you claim your prize at the ticket office?

Myself I would like to come up with something bizarre and creative some elegant thing of luxury but realistically it would be either at  a Mikado a sushi place in South Edmonton or quite simply ordering in Pizza at a hotel in Edmonton pr'y something like Panago cos they have Panago Classic which is the closest Pizza I can get in Alberta to the ones out East I grew up with.

It's a hard call because having Pizza as a celebration food has been a thing with me during certian key points in my life.

So I decieded on this for my response.....    first eat at Mikado immeadiately after doing the prize office thing and then get some Panago Classic Pizzas to take home to the farm.  After all after winning a Jackpot cooking is gonna be the last thing on our minds and nuking some pizza in the microwave is about all we're gonna wanna do lol.

Okay let's hear your meal? Remember these types of visualizations just might help you snag the jackpot. So make it something that is possible. :)

You live a life of abundance! You have won the lottery! Belief creates reality! Believe!

LOTTOMIKE's avatar - cash money.jpg
    Tennessee
    United States
    Member #7853
    October 15, 2004
    11338 Posts
    Posted: July 14, 2007, 8:26 am - IP Logged

hypersoniq's avatar - 8ball
      Pennsylvania
      United States
      Member #1340
      April 6, 2003
      2450 Posts
      Posted: July 14, 2007, 5:05 pm - IP Logged

The celebration meal would be in the new beachfront home, cooked on the new webber grill on the deck overlooking the beach

-Burgers (the black angus variety)

-Salad

-fries

-baked beans (home-made)

-Strawberry Shortcake for dessert made with the freshest berries I can get.

Closed party, immediate family only... water volleyball in the pool... some surfing/body boarding

Everybody likes the burgers on the grill the best... So I would go with what we like...

Playing more than one ticket per game is betting against yourself.

Wheeler's avatar - Lottery-023.jpg
        Pittsburg, Ks
        United States
        Member #3382
        January 17, 2004
        80929 Posts
        Posted: July 14, 2007, 7:06 pm - IP Logged

My favorite is KFC but with a jackpot win I would go for the steaks with mashed potatoes, vegtables, and dessert would be coconut cream pie at least for me and have other desserts for the others

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
          Zeta Reticuli Star System
          United States
          Member #30470
          January 17, 2006
          10351 Posts
          Posted: July 14, 2007, 7:15 pm - IP Logged

Hot dogs - Nathan's, Sabrett's, or Hebrew National, or pizza.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

United States
            Member #26330
            November 16, 2005
            330 Posts
            Posted: July 14, 2007, 7:23 pm - IP Logged

Well as far as my first meal after claiming the jackpot, it would probably be a nice steakhouse for a Porterhouse and some good wine.  But as far as a strict celebration meal I would go to this local bar I know in charlotte, nc with my close friends for beef on a weck  sandwiches, chicken wings, and beer. Dessert if I had room would be Carnegie Deli cheesecake.

United States
              Member #38908
              May 7, 2006
              27 Posts
              Posted: July 14, 2007, 7:42 pm - IP Logged

Good question!

I would have to have several celebration meals:

- w/family in Cleveland - Don's Pomeroy House in Strongsville - very nice; in a historical building; great service; even better food - but not stuffy at all

- w/friends in Philly (where I live now) - Dave and Buster's at Penn's Landing - great fun and good food

- w/closest friends in my NEW place (after winning) on Eastern Shore of Maryland (NOT St. Michaels' - too crowded and touristy) - crabcakes and fried oysters from Metompkin Sea Food just over the border in Virginia on Rte. 13

- and dessert at a cafe in Paris with a special someone (perhaps with a diamond engagement ring hidden in her pastry! )

Lovies

Frbl 

I wanna die in my sleep - like my grandfather. 

Not screaming and yelling - like the passengers in his car. Confused

Kentucky
                United States
                Member #32652
                February 14, 2006
                7313 Posts
                Posted: July 14, 2007, 8:18 pm - IP Logged

Okay so this is a post for all those in to visualizing a Lottery Jackpot win.

Realistically where and what would you have for your first Jackpot Celebration meal. The one you have just after you claim your prize at the ticket office?

Myself I would like to come up with something bizarre and creative some elegant thing of luxury but realistically it would be either at  a Mikado a sushi place in South Edmonton or quite simply ordering in Pizza at a hotel in Edmonton pr'y something like Panago cos they have Panago Classic which is the closest Pizza I can get in Alberta to the ones out East I grew up with.

It's a hard call because having Pizza as a celebration food has been a thing with me during certian key points in my life.

So I decieded on this for my response.....    first eat at Mikado immeadiately after doing the prize office thing and then get some Panago Classic Pizzas to take home to the farm.  After all after winning a Jackpot cooking is gonna be the last thing on our minds and nuking some pizza in the microwave is about all we're gonna wanna do lol.

Okay let's hear your meal? Remember these types of visualizations just might help you snag the jackpot. So make it something that is possible. :)

I'll have the same thing Lottomike is having, thank you.

United States
                  Member #1826
                  July 11, 2003
                  2645 Posts
                  Posted: July 14, 2007, 8:55 pm - IP Logged

An In-N-Out Burger, considering the nearest one is 2000 miles away. I can afford the trip sure enough.

(insert signature here)

Guru101's avatar - rw6jhh
                    Indiana
                    United States
                    Member #48725
                    January 7, 2007
                    1953 Posts
                    Posted: July 14, 2007, 9:09 pm - IP Logged

Tumbleweed.Approve

Gonna win.Big Smile

United States
                      Member #43694
                      July 23, 2006
                      184 Posts
                      Posted: July 14, 2007, 11:36 pm - IP Logged

I would go to nice Indian Restaurant and have a feast.

And maybe make it a habit. 

Kingston, Ontario
                        Canada
                        Member #46867
                        October 5, 2006
                        106 Posts
                        Posted: July 15, 2007, 12:20 am - IP Logged

Steak and Lobster for me, since I could never afford both when eating out .... Jester Laugh

"Together We're Making Good Things Happen,  Ontario's Lotteries...WE ALL WIN"

United States
                          Member #53521
                          July 9, 2007
                          13 Posts
                          Posted: July 15, 2007, 12:33 am - IP Logged

Mmmm pizza. But most importantly... Giordano's Pizza!! Naughty  You bet we'd fly to Chicago just to get one of those fresh pies!! 

justxploring's avatar - villiarna
                            Wandering Aimlessly
                            United States
                            Member #25360
                            November 5, 2005
                            4461 Posts
                            Posted: July 15, 2007, 1:10 am - IP Logged

I probably wouldn't be able to eat for days.  My stomach would be tied up in knots. Anyway, I'd be too busy shopping for a house, so it would be whatever they serve at the diners off of I-75.  I used to like stopping at diners all the time.  It's hard to find a genuine one these days. (Definitely not Denny's!)   Yup, that's it.  A cheese & tomato omelette with home fries and fresh fruit at a truck stop at 3 in the morning on the way to my new life.

Entertaiment Capital
                              United States
                              Member #37800
                              April 19, 2006
                              302 Posts
                              Posted: July 15, 2007, 1:55 am - IP Logged

I have high blood sugar so I don't have that much choice. Maybe Souplantation or Sushi? I can't eat a lot of starch so I can't even eat sushi that much. Also I have to restrain on meat and stuff.