Welcome Guest
You last visited January 22, 2017, 5:12 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Celebration Meal after a Jackpot win?

Topic closed. 25 replies. Last post 9 years ago by LOTTOMIKE.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
Westerose
Canada
Member #52915
June 15, 2007
189 Posts
Posted: July 15, 2007, 2:01 am - IP Logged

I have high blood sugar so I don't have that much choice. Maybe Souplantation or Sushi? I can't eat a lot of starch so I can't even eat sushi that much. Also I have to restrain on meat and stuff.

how's about some sushimi? that's just fish and it's actually what I prefer when I go to the sushi bar.

You live a life of abundance! You have won the lottery! Belief creates reality! Believe!

Westerose
    Canada
    Member #52915
    June 15, 2007
    189 Posts
    Posted: July 15, 2007, 2:05 am - IP Logged

I would go to nice Indian Restaurant and have a feast.

And maybe make it a habit. 

I would be tempted to go the Asian Village in Edmonton and have one of their Mahrajah Rooms, However Indian is not my wife's fave and since it's a celebration for the both of us.. I would save that for another day.

I talked to her about posting this question today and she brought up another place we love in Edmonton called O*P*M it's near Mikado's we both agreed that it the winter or a colder day it would be O*P*M but on hot days like it is now that it would be Mikado..... cos we'd not be able to get down much more than a salad on a super hot day after winning the lottery if we went to O*P*M and sushi is better for hot days.

O*P*M has this 7 Spice Beef that is just insanely good..... it's sort of life Ginger Beef but with other flavors in it.... so you will eat it and then as you chew you get all these different taste that sort of take you on a journey through Asian cusine with every mouthful... One minute it's like ginger beef then like Mongolian Hot Pot Beef then this sort of Thai taste then an anise like taste.....  It's hard to explain and I have no idea how they achive this effect but it's great.  It never all blends together oddly enough.

You live a life of abundance! You have won the lottery! Belief creates reality! Believe!

United States
      Member #1826
      July 11, 2003
      2645 Posts
      Posted: July 15, 2007, 2:46 am - IP Logged

I probably wouldn't be able to eat for days.  My stomach would be tied up in knots. Anyway, I'd be too busy shopping for a house, so it would be whatever they serve at the diners off of I-75.  I used to like stopping at diners all the time.  It's hard to find a genuine one these days. (Definitely not Denny's!)   Yup, that's it.  A cheese & tomato omelette with home fries and fresh fruit at a truck stop at 3 in the morning on the way to my new life.

You oughta come up to the Poconos, or better yet New Jersey. There are more diners here than there are McDonald's.

(insert signature here)

Coastal Georgia
        United States
        Member #2653
        October 30, 2003
        1866 Posts
        Posted: July 17, 2007, 12:33 pm - IP Logged

Let's see-

Since I would be in Vegas, I would go to Bobby Flay's at Caesars - and then Bradley Ogdens, then Wolfgang Pucks, etc..etc..etc...

jarasan's avatar - new patrick.gif
          Harbinger
          D.C./MD.
          United States
          Member #44103
          July 30, 2006
          5587 Posts
          Posted: July 17, 2007, 3:11 pm - IP Logged

how's about some sushimi? that's just fish and it's actually what I prefer when I go to the sushi bar.

sashimi. one of my favorites also.

Baton Rouge, LA
            United States
            Member #4602
            May 7, 2004
            700 Posts
            Posted: July 21, 2007, 10:24 am - IP Logged

I'd probably have a seafood platter from Don's Seafood here in Louisiana.  They've been around a long time and have restaurants in several Louisiana cities.  Another option is Parrain's here in Baton Rouge, http://www.parrains.com.  Similar type of food.  Another place I might pick is our favorite Mexican place, Superior Grill, http://www.superiorgrill.com.

It would be just me and my wife, we wouldn't tell anyone else.

Prisoner Six

"I am not a number, I am a free man!"

Westerose
              Canada
              Member #52915
              June 15, 2007
              189 Posts
              Posted: July 22, 2007, 1:53 am - IP Logged

sashimi. one of my favorites also.

I've had it the last 4 or 5 times I've been to Edmonton. Actually had some on Tuesday. There are 2 good places for it in Edmonton Mikado and oddly enough at the Chinese Market in West Edmonton Mall.

We live about 130 K from Edmonton though. But we've been going up alot more recently. We've considered buying a place there as well in addition to our farm but haven't yet. Everyone from Edmonton wants to live where we are or at least that is what they say when they visit the lake.

United States
                Member #47881
                November 30, 2006
                15 Posts
                Posted: July 23, 2007, 3:45 am - IP Logged

Let's see-

Since I would be in Vegas, I would go to Bobby Flay's at Caesars - and then Bradley Ogdens, then Wolfgang Pucks, etc..etc..etc...

Finally...someone with the right idea! Save the cheap stuff for when the excitement dies down. After you win is the time to splurge a little bit.

psykomo's avatar - animal shark.jpg

United States
                  Member #4877
                  May 30, 2004
                  5145 Posts
                  Posted: July 23, 2007, 3:13 pm - IP Logged

EAT'in is EASY>>>>>>>>>

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

BUT, ^^^^^^^ THANKssssss ^^^^^^^^^TOO >>>>>ODK.com ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

LOL

PSYKOMO             Drum     ^^^^^   Drum   ^^^^^  LoviesDance

Bagent's avatar - avatar 10424.gif
                    Vancouver, WA
                    United States
                    Member #53665
                    July 15, 2007
                    151 Posts
                    Posted: July 28, 2007, 8:23 am - IP Logged

For me, it has been a while since I have been able to go to Morton's here in Portland, Or.  Last time I ate there with my wife, it was over $200 for the two of us, but the food was excellent and the portions that were served were huge compared to what you normally see at a really nice establishment.

For me the menu would include:  Large serving of Prime Rib, potatoe, salad with a bottle of their best wine.  Then of course whatever the wife wants. Lovies

LOTTOMIKE's avatar - Lottery-063.jpg
                      Tennessee
                      United States
                      Member #7853
                      October 15, 2004
                      11338 Posts
                      Posted: July 28, 2007, 8:57 am - IP Logged

this was meant to be tongue in cheek.well what i mean is i was gonna 'eat out'  with whatever special model i happen to be wining and dining that night.she could have my large fry........Wink