Welcome Guest
You last visited December 3, 2016, 6:52 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

What if you won...

Topic closed. 15 replies. Last post 9 years ago by LuckyLilly.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink

If you and some friends bought some powerball slips and you each picked one and your slip won-

share with your friends [ 15 ]  [57.69%]
buy each friend a little something [ 8 ]  [30.77%]
sorry to bad I picked the winner [ 3 ]  [11.54%]
buy each a friend a q.p. for next draw [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
Total Valid Votes [ 26 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 3 ]  
LuckyLilly's avatar - savy chick.png

United States
Member #50124
February 26, 2007
601 Posts
Posted: July 28, 2007, 12:04 pm - IP Logged

Here is the question as it was Posted ------- 

If you and some friends bought some powerball slips and you each picked one and your slip won-

As I understand the question, it's each of the friends choose their ticket from the ones that had been purchased! This is just an example>>> Lets just say 5 friends pooled money for 5- Five dollar QP's t(hats 25 dollars total). Then each of the friends picks one of the five dollar QP slips as their own! The key words in the original question is "you each pick one". And the key words in my example is "each of the friends picks one"). 

I guess some people need it to be spelled out completely to eliminate all other possibilities of interruption!

"I guess some people need it to be spelled out completely to eliminate all other possibilities ... "

I agree, both in the case of this question, and in the case of the situation as laid out.  If one person in this situation has the winning ticket, and there's no previous agreement about how the funds will be split (or not split) then I can guarantee you that no matter how good of friends they are, the courts will be deciding how that ticket gets split.  Which is why I posted that I would never in a million years enter into this situation.