Welcome Guest
You last visited December 8, 2016, 10:57 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Hopefully I'm finished tinkering with the login

Topic closed. 21 replies. Last post 9 years ago by Rick G.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
Miss Bee's avatar - strawberry
nashville
United States
Member #4990
June 8, 2004
1376 Posts
Posted: July 21, 2007, 3:04 pm - IP Logged

Try "Delete cookies set by Lottery Post" in the Resources menu, then login.  You should be able to access it.

Nope won't work can't do search either says I must be a member to access

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
    Chief Bottle Washer
    New Jersey
    United States
    Member #1
    May 31, 2000
    23269 Posts
    Posted: July 21, 2007, 3:11 pm - IP Logged

Nope won't work can't do search either says I must be a member to access

It is a cookie problem.  If you clear all the cookies on your PC and it still doesn't work, then there is some other problem on your PC.  Maybe your firewall?

Also, have you tried using another browser, like Firefox?  Firefox is a great browser for testing for IE problems, because it uses a completely different set of cookies and other temporary files.  If you open Firefox and login and use the site successfully, you know the problem is with your IE setup -- either cached files/data or a firewall that is too restrictive.

There's just nothing else it could be at this point (that I can think of), so just keep working with it, using all the techniques I've mentioned here, in the Help forums, and elsewhere on the site.

Check the State Lottery Report Card
    What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
    Help eliminate computerized drawings!

johnph77's avatar - avatar
      CA
      United States
      Member #2987
      December 10, 2003
      832 Posts
      Posted: July 22, 2007, 1:45 am - IP Logged

Running hot, straight and normal for me at this time.

Only problem I've ever had before this is that, occasionally, the LP "Last Login" time and subsequent "Active Topics" will go back to the time before the last login, particularly if I log in on the same computer. The workaround is to adjust the search parameters to the tiime approximating just prior to the last login. Other than that, all is well.

ty

j

Blessed Saint Leibowitz, keep 'em dreamin' down there..... 

Next week's convention for Psychics and Prognosticators has been cancelled due to unforeseen circumstances.

=^.^=

Sandy K's avatar - graphic pub.jpg
        Clarkston, Michigan
        United States
        Member #76
        January 6, 2002
        8528 Posts
        Posted: July 22, 2007, 10:06 pm - IP Logged

Miss Bee and Rick,

I, too, had problems.......frustrating, for sure.  It is corrected now.  This is what I did.

Got out of LP............went to "Tools" on the top bar...........went to "delete files and delete cookies"...clicked on both of them. Then I took LP off my favorites list.

Next in the "Tools" , I went to "advanced" and one of my SSL's wasn't checked...so I checked both of them....SSL 2.0 and SSL 3.0

Then I "shut down" my computer and the I restarted it a few seconds later. 

It now works for me....crossing my fingers that it stays that way.

Sandy

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
          Chief Bottle Washer
          New Jersey
          United States
          Member #1
          May 31, 2000
          23269 Posts
          Posted: July 22, 2007, 10:38 pm - IP Logged

Sandy,

Thanks for sharing your experiences.  Hopefully you added LP back into your Favorites! Big Grin

I understand your frustration and everyone else's.  I hope everyone also understands that whatever frustration they were feeling, I feel it a hundred times more, as the person who is solely reponsible for every glitch, problem, downtime, and bug for the thousands of people who come here every day.  I feel tremendous heat for every second the site goes down.  I understand that most people can't see or feel what it's like on this end, but that's how it is.  I feel awful about the problems. 

Hearing people -- members who have enjoyed this site for many years -- say how they are going to up & leave because I have been having problems this weekend is ... undescribable.  I'm not sure anyone can understand.  Maybe the anonymity of the Internet makes people act in a way they would never do to someone's face.  It's disheartening.

Anyway, I guess I can provide a last update on this.  I did finally find the piece of code that was causing the problem.  It was very old code -- created back in 2001 -- which did not react well to a change I put in place on Thursday or Friday.  It's the kind of thing that is extremely difficult to find, made worse by the fact that because of the code's age I can't test it in my normal test environment.  (Which is one of the reasons I've been working these incredibly long hours to upgrade the site in the first place.)  I have my fingers crossed that there will be no further login issues.

So there I am trying desperately to find and fix a bug that most people would not have found in two weeks (*throwing modesty aside*), and as I'm scrambling to fix things and keep people informed (and take care of the rest of my life -- yes I do have one) I have long-time members posting surly comments on the forums and doing their best to rub salt in my wounds.  Rather than sitting tight understanding that I am scrambling and upset that the site is not functioning perfectly -- and trying to calm newbies down by saying that I was hard at work on it.  (THANK YOU to those who DID that -- you know who you are!)

Anyone who announced that they're going to leave because the site isn't doing enough for them, I don't have time for sob stories.  I'm too busy at work non-stop with 18 hour days, 7 days a week.  Literally.  If you're going to leave, then leave.  I am sure that all the people who enjoy the site and get a lot out of it don't want to have to wade through such things to get to the lottery-related stuff -- the reason we're all here.

Check the State Lottery Report Card
          What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
          Help eliminate computerized drawings!

Coastal Georgia
            United States
            Member #2653
            October 30, 2003
            1866 Posts
            Posted: July 23, 2007, 8:35 am - IP Logged

Maybe I am lucky, but I don't know what the fuss was about. The next problem I have with the site will be the first.........

Rick G's avatar - avatar 1766.jpg
              FEMA Region V Camp #21
              United States
              Member #520
              July 27, 2002
              5699 Posts
              Posted: July 23, 2007, 8:10 pm - IP Logged

Sandy,

Thanks for sharing your experiences.  Hopefully you added LP back into your Favorites! Big Grin

I understand your frustration and everyone else's.  I hope everyone also understands that whatever frustration they were feeling, I feel it a hundred times more, as the person who is solely reponsible for every glitch, problem, downtime, and bug for the thousands of people who come here every day.  I feel tremendous heat for every second the site goes down.  I understand that most people can't see or feel what it's like on this end, but that's how it is.  I feel awful about the problems. 

Hearing people -- members who have enjoyed this site for many years -- say how they are going to up & leave because I have been having problems this weekend is ... undescribable.  I'm not sure anyone can understand.  Maybe the anonymity of the Internet makes people act in a way they would never do to someone's face.  It's disheartening.

Anyway, I guess I can provide a last update on this.  I did finally find the piece of code that was causing the problem.  It was very old code -- created back in 2001 -- which did not react well to a change I put in place on Thursday or Friday.  It's the kind of thing that is extremely difficult to find, made worse by the fact that because of the code's age I can't test it in my normal test environment.  (Which is one of the reasons I've been working these incredibly long hours to upgrade the site in the first place.)  I have my fingers crossed that there will be no further login issues.

So there I am trying desperately to find and fix a bug that most people would not have found in two weeks (*throwing modesty aside*), and as I'm scrambling to fix things and keep people informed (and take care of the rest of my life -- yes I do have one) I have long-time members posting surly comments on the forums and doing their best to rub salt in my wounds.  Rather than sitting tight understanding that I am scrambling and upset that the site is not functioning perfectly -- and trying to calm newbies down by saying that I was hard at work on it.  (THANK YOU to those who DID that -- you know who you are!)

Anyone who announced that they're going to leave because the site isn't doing enough for them, I don't have time for sob stories.  I'm too busy at work non-stop with 18 hour days, 7 days a week.  Literally.  If you're going to leave, then leave.  I am sure that all the people who enjoy the site and get a lot out of it don't want to have to wade through such things to get to the lottery-related stuff -- the reason we're all here.

Todd,

Thanks for finding and fixing the piece of code that was causing the problem.  Everything's working fine now. 

Thumbs Up

Posted 4/6:  IL Pick 3 midday and evening until they hit:  555, 347 (str8).