Welcome Guest
You last visited January 17, 2017, 12:05 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Have you ever met a lottery winner (at least $1 million)?

Topic closed. 16 replies. Last post 9 years ago by irondoor827.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink

Have you ever met a lottery winner (at least $1 million)?

YES [ 10 ]  [30.30%]
NO [ 23 ]  [69.70%]
Total Valid Votes [ 33 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 1 ]  
rundown99's avatar - cigar

United States
Member #567
August 14, 2002
485 Posts
Posted: July 27, 2007, 11:31 am - IP Logged

How many of you on lottery post met a lottery winner in person?  If you have met a lottery winner in person, what was his/her life like before and after winning such a large amount of money?  I'm just curious as to know how many people have met someone in such a situation.

Smart lottery winners form trust to claim their winnings.  They send an attorney to the lottery headquarters to claim the prize in trust, so that ONLY the name of the trust is revealed.  And they tell NO ONE, especially relatives.

If you ever win a lottery and you are single, the only person you should ever marry is someone who was truly in love with you BEFORE you won the jackpot!

Washington,Michigan
    United States
    Member #11416
    February 13, 2005
    633 Posts
    Posted: July 27, 2007, 11:38 am - IP Logged

I did and the person was happy.

suwanee
      United States
      Member #3620
      February 6, 2004
      66 Posts
      Posted: July 27, 2007, 1:11 pm - IP Logged

I did and the person was happy.

yes, my local banker. she worked in the publics store in suwanne,ga. I started her playing scratchoffs ,when they they use to pay off. Iwould not recomend playing this type of game again. she was lucky person she got hooked the first, she won 50$ .make this two quick picks year latter.bam 19million,retired no notice. very very happyand she took the annuty.end to epic.

Raven62's avatar - binary
        New Jersey
        United States
        Member #17843
        June 28, 2005
        51029 Posts
        Posted: July 27, 2007, 1:42 pm - IP Logged

How many of you on lottery post met a lottery winner in person?  If you have met a lottery winner in person, what was his/her life like before and after winning such a large amount of money?  I'm just curious as to know how many people have met someone in such a situation.

LOL! This question was asked before:

http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/156170/831330

A mind once stretched by a new idea never returns to its original dimensions!

four4me's avatar - gate1
          MD
          United States
          Member #1701
          June 18, 2003
          8391 Posts
          Posted: July 27, 2007, 1:42 pm - IP Logged

I know 4 lottery winners who won more than a million.

2 guys were brothers who played the lottery together they owned a popular bar in Canton MD. When they won they both bought identical club vans since both were already well of they didn't change much.

My buddy's father won the lottery in a pool with 11 other people he also was well of before he won not much changed in his life he banked and invested the money.

Another buddys father won a mil and a half he was a heavy gambler before he won and spent his wad on the horses he was broke in a few years.

Big John says. You don't hit the number. The number hits you!!!!

I'm not Big John, I'm Four4me, Big John's a friend.
            RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
            mid-Ohio
            United States
            Member #9
            March 24, 2001
            19894 Posts
            Posted: July 27, 2007, 2:13 pm - IP Logged

I stood in line a couple of times with guy who won a scratch-off game for a million dollars, if I hadn't seen his picture in the paper I wouldn't have believed it because he was buying tickets and hoping to win like every body else in the line. 

Before I retired one of my former co-workers who was retired won one of those set for life games that payed a $1000 a week for life.  He started a distilled water delivery business and had a contract with our company and he always stopped and told with his former co-workers as he did before he retired when ever he came with his guys to make a delivery.  Fortunately he had his wife claim his prize because he died of cancer a couple of years later.

A few years back the house next door was bought by a guy and his girl friend and some of my co workers said he had won a millions dollars 10 years earlier but with taxes and some bad investments and a girl friend who like to drink has all but pissed it away.  They broke up a few months after moving in, she got the house but she needed someone to bring in a regular pay check so she sold it and told me she was going to live with one of her kids.

Up the street from me a retired fireman that some said won a lottery jackpot, build a beautiful brick home but it's in a neighborhood of much cheaper and smaller homes.  I alway wondered why he didn't build among similar homes in a different part of town but I guess he didn't want to move too far from his roots.

Even though these folk won their millions in the 80's and 90's, a million dollars didn't really change their life style that much, it just made it a little easier.  Even today a million or two wouldn't change you very much, build a $300K-$500K home and you're need the rest it to just pay the real estate taxes and maintenance.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

psykomo's avatar - animal shark.jpg

United States
              Member #4877
              May 30, 2004
              5142 Posts
              Posted: July 27, 2007, 2:41 pm - IP Logged

transulation:............................NO!!!!!!!!!

RNG ChairHiding Behind Computer

Guru101's avatar - rw6jhh
                Indiana
                United States
                Member #48725
                January 7, 2007
                1958 Posts
                Posted: July 27, 2007, 3:04 pm - IP Logged

Not me.

Gonna win.Big Smile

wyoming, michigan
                  United States
                  Member #53058
                  June 22, 2007
                  637 Posts
                  Posted: July 27, 2007, 3:06 pm - IP Logged

Have a friend who won 7.2 million in the mich lotto, about 15 years ago.  His son showed me a copy of the first check after taxes $237,000 a year.  Also another gal I worked with she was a waitress.  I always saw her scratching instants off.  One day i was watching the mi millions show, the lottery had a game you could be on tv trying to win a $1000.00 dollars a week for life and there she was.  I saw her win the thousand a week.  So yes i have a definite hope that i or you can win a million or more at any given time.  Just have to play the games and think positive!  DLD

Coastal Georgia
                    United States
                    Member #2653
                    October 30, 2003
                    1866 Posts
                    Posted: July 27, 2007, 3:11 pm - IP Logged

I have never met anyone that has had a significant win...

LuckyLilly's avatar - savy chick.png

United States
                      Member #50124
                      February 26, 2007
                      601 Posts
                      Posted: July 27, 2007, 3:18 pm - IP Logged

I met a woman who had won around $20 mil from powerball.  I didn't know her before the win, but she and her hubby had bought a store/camper's hostel in a tiny town north of Boise which they were running.  She was active in a women's business group and drank quite heavily.  I don't know if she drank before the win.  But they seemed to be holding onto the money AFAIK.

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
                        Chief Bottle Washer
                        New Jersey
                        United States
                        Member #1
                        May 31, 2000
                        23348 Posts
                        Posted: July 27, 2007, 4:30 pm - IP Logged

Why is this being posted again?  It was just posted last month.

http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/156170

Check the State Lottery Report Card
                        What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
                        Help eliminate computerized drawings!

fja's avatar - gnome1

United States
                          Member #91
                          January 19, 2002
                          12006 Posts
                          Posted: July 27, 2007, 5:45 pm - IP Logged

"I may have Alzheimer's........What?

...........But atleast I don't have Alzheimer's !!!!!

"Everybody has to believe in something...I believe I'll have another beer!"   = W.C.Fields                      

United States
                            Member #17555
                            June 22, 2005
                            5582 Posts
                            Posted: July 27, 2007, 9:46 pm - IP Logged

Maybe his twin from the parallel universe just caught up, and decided to post....lol

We all know how it feels to be off by just one number, but we finally catch up.

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
                              Zeta Reticuli Star System
                              United States
                              Member #30470
                              January 17, 2006
                              10389 Posts
                              Posted: July 28, 2007, 9:40 am - IP Logged

Why is this being posted again?  It was just posted last month.

http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/156170

I guess only Mystical / dream number requests are ok to duplicate. And duplicate. And duplicate. And duplicate. And duplicate, etc...ad nauseam.

Bang Head

Maybe you can look in Suggestions. Something in this regard has been sitting there since July 20th.  

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.