Welcome Guest
You last visited December 6, 2016, 3:06 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

What if.......

Topic closed. 24 replies. Last post 9 years ago by Super8.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
middle Georgia
United States
Member #1893
July 20, 2003
1868 Posts
Posted: July 29, 2007, 10:33 am - IP Logged

It's called free enterprise.

Let's see you do better, I know I can't so far...Maybe soon................

The day you show me a better site than this one, give me a call.

Hey pacattack05,

"The day you show me a better site than this one, give me a call."

I agree 100% with that!

Maggie 

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
    Chief Bottle Washer
    New Jersey
    United States
    Member #1
    May 31, 2000
    23261 Posts
    Posted: July 29, 2007, 10:41 am - IP Logged

He might become very rich if he designs a new programing language that's compatible with other programing languages.

He will never become very rich running this site in fact he has stated many times this site doesn't pay for itself. There's a lot more to this site than what you can see, he has to maintain servers, routers and a bunch of other equipment. The time he spends programing this site goes far beyond what you or anyone else can fathom. While some people might be satisfied with a basic web site structure he has went far beyond that built many data bases and features not found on many other sites.

I sure he can explain the things he has accomplished with this site far better than me. But i do know he pours many sleepless devoted hours into making this site function better and faster that most people would ever try.

And through all his devotion he can rarely comment on any threads without people climbing down his throat. people complaining and griping over what he has said or is doing to develop additional features. Especially when he has to go off line to implement new features.

On of the nicest thing people can do is buy into a membership if they want to take advantage of the many features he has implemented for this site. He will use that money to maintain this site. Possibly buy even better equipment to make this site even better than it is. Although many of us think this site is fabulous and great they way it is. Web designers are always trying to make improvements and that takes time energy and money.

That was one of the nicest posts anyone has written about me and/or Lottery Post.  Thank you.  You are amazingly spot-on.

Check the State Lottery Report Card
    What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
    Help eliminate computerized drawings!

middle Georgia
      United States
      Member #1893
      July 20, 2003
      1868 Posts
      Posted: July 29, 2007, 10:54 am - IP Logged

Hi four4me,

I see no place where I can give you 5 stars for this post, so please consider this post my 5 stars to you.  Thank you for expressing what many of us would like to say.

I hope your day is rewarding.

Maggie 

jarasan's avatar - new patrick.gif
        Harbinger
        D.C./MD.
        United States
        Member #44103
        July 30, 2006
        5583 Posts
        Posted: July 29, 2007, 11:27 am - IP Logged

Hi four4me,

I see no place where I can give you 5 stars for this post, so please consider this post my 5 stars to you.  Thank you for expressing what many of us would like to say.

I hope your day is rewarding.

Maggie 

Ditto.

four4me's avatar - gate1
          MD
          United States
          Member #1701
          June 18, 2003
          8360 Posts
          Posted: July 29, 2007, 11:50 am - IP Logged

Thanks Todd but of course i had to say those things i know how difficult it can be when you have to pour over some programing features and get stuck. While i am not a programmer i do know a few people who do and from talking with them i know that it isn't a cut and dry deal. We had machining programmers where i worked and us set up men had to prove out programs. When there is 10/20/30/40 thousand lines of programing possibly more there is bound to be some mistakes somewhere. We have had programmers do it without mistakes and even the best of them had one or two characters out of sink with the program. Funny how one misplaced caricature or symbol can cause a program to malfunction. In our case it's usually a wrong number or a whole line of info might be missing.

This can cause a machine tool to crash into the part or table causing lots of damage. Programmers are very touchy about their programing some of the guys i worked with hated it when we found problems with their work. And i always had a good line for them. I'd tell them I'm not looking for mistakes when i run your jobs I'm looking for everything to be right. It may not have been something they typed into the program some of the software they used would write it's own lines of code and that software can be corrupted to cause it to write bad lines.

Well enough about this you do a great job and i commend your devotion to this site. I doubt seriously if there will ever be another like it.

Maggie-Nolia and jarasan there is a little box in the upper left hand corner of this page with some stars in it click the one you think is appropriate for these postings. LOL 5 *****

middle Georgia
            United States
            Member #1893
            July 20, 2003
            1868 Posts
            Posted: July 29, 2007, 12:58 pm - IP Logged

I just gave this thread 5 stars.......I believe the number of stars attract attention and I hope everyone reads "What if......"   Some very good comments have been made.

Maggie 

Lkydeb*594's avatar - yummyxmascat
              Luv Vtracs 8-)

United States
              Member #38062
              April 23, 2006
              12578 Posts
              Posted: July 29, 2007, 4:17 pm - IP Logged

That was one of the nicest posts anyone has written about me and/or Lottery Post.  Thank you.  You are amazingly spot-on.

Hey Todd! Four4me spoke  nothing but the total truth. U & your website is the BEST thing that has ever happened to most of us.  U definitely got my 5 stars. I don't know where I would be if it wasn't for u & your fabulous site! Your total devotion is  aspiring & astonishing!  Thumbs Up

jarasan's avatar - new patrick.gif
                Harbinger
                D.C./MD.
                United States
                Member #44103
                July 30, 2006
                5583 Posts
                Posted: July 29, 2007, 4:34 pm - IP Logged

Thanks Todd but of course i had to say those things i know how difficult it can be when you have to pour over some programing features and get stuck. While i am not a programmer i do know a few people who do and from talking with them i know that it isn't a cut and dry deal. We had machining programmers where i worked and us set up men had to prove out programs. When there is 10/20/30/40 thousand lines of programing possibly more there is bound to be some mistakes somewhere. We have had programmers do it without mistakes and even the best of them had one or two characters out of sink with the program. Funny how one misplaced caricature or symbol can cause a program to malfunction. In our case it's usually a wrong number or a whole line of info might be missing.

This can cause a machine tool to crash into the part or table causing lots of damage. Programmers are very touchy about their programing some of the guys i worked with hated it when we found problems with their work. And i always had a good line for them. I'd tell them I'm not looking for mistakes when i run your jobs I'm looking for everything to be right. It may not have been something they typed into the program some of the software they used would write it's own lines of code and that software can be corrupted to cause it to write bad lines.

Well enough about this you do a great job and i commend your devotion to this site. I doubt seriously if there will ever be another like it.

Maggie-Nolia and jarasan there is a little box in the upper left hand corner of this page with some stars in it click the one you think is appropriate for these postings. LOL 5 *****

Yes I know about the ratings, but the postulate of keepitreal who started this thread has taken a different direction. Your well thought out post is 5 stars.

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
                  Chief Bottle Washer
                  New Jersey
                  United States
                  Member #1
                  May 31, 2000
                  23261 Posts
                  Posted: July 29, 2007, 5:31 pm - IP Logged

Thank you, thank you to all who posted such nice things!  The only way a web site like this makes decent money is by getting huge corporate sponsors, and as you can see, those are in short supply here.  I suppose if I was more of a marketing type I could spend more effort trying to line up some resemblance of an advertising slate,  but that's never been my forté.

Check the State Lottery Report Card
                  What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
                  Help eliminate computerized drawings!

Super8's avatar - Lottery-012.jpg
                    Orlando
                    United States
                    Member #11094
                    February 4, 2005
                    338 Posts
                    Posted: July 29, 2007, 5:56 pm - IP Logged

Todd,

I have never used the star rating and my fat fingers were a little too fast. (Notice how I got fat and little in the same phrase}

I really mean a five star all the way and not the three as I accidently hit.

Super8