Welcome Guest
You last visited December 11, 2016, 3:00 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Pick-3 Positional Frequency

Topic closed. 22 replies. Last post 9 years ago by Lkydeb*594.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
BobP's avatar - bobp avatar.png
Dump Water Florida
United States
Member #380
June 5, 2002
3106 Posts
Posted: July 30, 2007, 10:42 pm - IP Logged

Working with Pick-3 positionally and wheeling positionally is only for straight play.  example: I believe digit A will appear in the first position, digit B will appear in the second position and I'm unsure whether digit C or D will appear in the third position so I will play both ABC and ABD straight.  No box to worry about.  With three columns of top 5 digits by position = 125 straight combinations.

BobP

dx123's avatar - white face.jpg
    somewhere
    Canada
    Member #39919
    May 24, 2006
    150 Posts
    Posted: July 31, 2007, 11:06 pm - IP Logged

I conducted a short test of Positional Frequency for Florida and got nothing.  I was wondering if anyone is using Positional Frequency for Pick-3 with any success anywhere and if so, where and how many past draws are you working with.

For those who don't know. Positional Frequency counts how often each digit has hit in each position over a range of draws. The digits that hit the most often in each position (or tied for most) is the first play(s).  For example, working with the top 5 digits in each position would result in 5x5x5 = 125 straight plays.

In Florida even risking 125 plays per draw nothing was happening. Of course system authors always claim it's working somewhere else.  Any ideas?  BobP

Hello BobP>>>

I am using 1645 draws with daily input [approx. 4 years worth of data input] in the Ontario P3 game for each of the 3 Positions using GH. The '*' numbers are worth looking at and usually make for an exact hit in some cases. Is this what you were looking for? I feel that around 2000 draws would make for a better review of the numbers. But, sometimes I hit the F4 in Board 6 and remove all the games until it shows the last 1000 draws only. The new data would then indicate the hottest hitting numbers in the last 2.5 years or so. You can see how every number hits and for the reason it hits and looking ahead 1 out would be prudent to consider the number.

You said you have GH and I am surprized you have not set it up to accept individual P3 numbers. Is Florida P3 a recent game without much History?

yt

dx123

Dump Water Florida
      United States
      Member #380
      June 5, 2002
      3106 Posts
      Posted: August 1, 2007, 6:23 pm - IP Logged

Hello BobP>>>

I am using 1645 draws with daily input [approx. 4 years worth of data input] in the Ontario P3 game for each of the 3 Positions using GH. The '*' numbers are worth looking at and usually make for an exact hit in some cases. Is this what you were looking for? I feel that around 2000 draws would make for a better review of the numbers. But, sometimes I hit the F4 in Board 6 and remove all the games until it shows the last 1000 draws only. The new data would then indicate the hottest hitting numbers in the last 2.5 years or so. You can see how every number hits and for the reason it hits and looking ahead 1 out would be prudent to consider the number.

You said you have GH and I am surprized you have not set it up to accept individual P3 numbers. Is Florida P3 a recent game without much History?

yt

dx123

Somewhere on LP is a post by me explaining how to use the GH one ball like Powerball feature to setup three positional columns for Pick-3 and then use the D chart to pick the top five from each to wheel positionally.  Problem is Florida tosses the Pick-3/4 ballsets every two years and starts fresh so the previous draw history just throws you off.  BobP

Lkydeb*594's avatar - yummyxmascat
        Luv Vtracs 8-)

United States
        Member #38062
        April 23, 2006
        12590 Posts
        Posted: August 1, 2007, 8:43 pm - IP Logged

BobP,  I thought that Florida toss the ball sets every 3 yrs.

Dump Water Florida
          United States
          Member #380
          June 5, 2002
          3106 Posts
          Posted: August 1, 2007, 9:29 pm - IP Logged

BobP,  I thought that Florida toss the ball sets every 3 yrs.

Years ago when I last asked the Florida Lottery said they replaced the balls . . .

Every 4 years for Pick-6
          Every 3 years for Pick-5
          Every 2 years for Pick-3/4

Which makes a certain amount of sense considering how often the games are drawn.  Maybe the balls get dirty or the numbers show wear, or they simply want to keep us from getting enough draws to make a better choice as to what numbers to play.  If the process was as random as they claim they wouldn't need to keep rotating ballsets and machines and replacing ballsets to force randomness.

BobP

Luv Vtracs 8-)

United States
            Member #38062
            April 23, 2006
            12590 Posts
            Posted: August 2, 2007, 10:05 am - IP Logged

Years ago when I last asked the Florida Lottery said they replaced the balls . . .

Every 4 years for Pick-6
            Every 3 years for Pick-5
            Every 2 years for Pick-3/4

Which makes a certain amount of sense considering how often the games are drawn.  Maybe the balls get dirty or the numbers show wear, or they simply want to keep us from getting enough draws to make a better choice as to what numbers to play.  If the process was as random as they claim they wouldn't need to keep rotating ballsets and machines and replacing ballsets to force randomness.

BobP

hmmm, well, p5 is drawn every day, the same as p3, so that makes me wonder why every 2 yrs. for p3.  How do we know when they change the ball sets?

Dump Water Florida
              United States
              Member #380
              June 5, 2002
              3106 Posts
              Posted: August 2, 2007, 3:03 pm - IP Logged

hmmm, well, p5 is drawn every day, the same as p3, so that makes me wonder why every 2 yrs. for p3.  How do we know when they change the ball sets?

Time does fly, back then it was 5/26 drawn three times a week, later 5 and later 7 just keeps expanding ways for people to put ever more into the game.  In the same sense Pick-6 used to be once a week, now twice.  Send an email to the Florida Lottery, they used to pretend they didn't know what I was talking about, would reply the ballset was changed for each draw or give me the date of the last draw.  BobP

Luv Vtracs 8-)

United States
                Member #38062
                April 23, 2006
                12590 Posts
                Posted: August 2, 2007, 6:36 pm - IP Logged

Time does fly, back then it was 5/26 drawn three times a week, later 5 and later 7 just keeps expanding ways for people to put ever more into the game.  In the same sense Pick-6 used to be once a week, now twice.  Send an email to the Florida Lottery, they used to pretend they didn't know what I was talking about, would reply the ballset was changed for each draw or give me the date of the last draw.  BobP

thank u BobP, yes, time sure did flew by & we don't think about that.  I will look into it & see what comes up. If by any luck, I get anything out of them, I'll inform u.