Welcome Guest
You last visited December 10, 2016, 9:06 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Can you pass up a drawing?

Topic closed. 23 replies. Last post 9 years ago by LuckyLilly.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
Coastal Georgia
United States
Member #2653
October 30, 2003
1866 Posts
Posted: August 8, 2007, 11:40 am - IP Logged

Usually when I pass up a drawing, I save money but when the jackpot is $200M+ I prefer to be in it win or lose.  When PowerBall was that high I've drove out of state to buy tickets and may do it again in spite of the high gas prices..

I will drive to South Carolina to get Powerball when the JP is close to or over $100 Million.

But then again, it's a short trip for me- about 40 miles round trip.

Rocket 455's avatar - rocket
    Bellevue, KY
    United States
    Member #53340
    July 4, 2007
    2622 Posts
    Posted: August 8, 2007, 11:53 am - IP Logged

I take about three months of Powerball numbers that have fallen and pick out the ones that fell the most, then I make two sets out of those that I play every draw.

For pick 3 I only play when the numbers start falling in my workouts and usually in the evening when I seem to hit the most.

Once in a blue moon I'll buy a scratch off... I've bought probably thirty or forty $1 or $2 scratch offs in the past year and they've given me back about 600 dollars including a 400 dollar ticket. I'll play one when I'm feeling lucky.

She was made for the straitaways
    She grew up hatin' Chevrolets
    She's a rocket
    She was made to burn. ~Kathy Mattea

United States
      Member #16612
      June 2, 2005
      3493 Posts
      Posted: August 8, 2007, 1:34 pm - IP Logged

Coin Toss, I usually pass up any drawing in any game such as Mega Millions and California Super Lotto Plus. I pretend to play some California Super Lotto Plus picks to see whether or not I would have won or not.

KyMystikal's avatar - 1457224010054
        Florence, Alabama
        United States
        Member #8658
        November 13, 2004
        1993 Posts
        Posted: August 8, 2007, 2:55 pm - IP Logged

I take about three months of Powerball numbers that have fallen and pick out the ones that fell the most, then I make two sets out of those that I play every draw.

For pick 3 I only play when the numbers start falling in my workouts and usually in the evening when I seem to hit the most.

Once in a blue moon I'll buy a scratch off... I've bought probably thirty or forty $1 or $2 scratch offs in the past year and they've given me back about 600 dollars including a 400 dollar ticket. I'll play one when I'm feeling lucky.

That's exactly how I hit $5,000 on Powerball back in 1997. When I went to the lottery office to pick up the money they asked me how I picked my numbers. I told them they were just some numbers I had a dream about, lol. I didn't want them to know how I actually came up with them. Now I just play a 1 dollar QP with a powerplay.

I love doubles and remember, it's just a game!!!!!!

md
          United States
          Member #14047
          April 20, 2005
          579 Posts
          Posted: August 8, 2007, 5:27 pm - IP Logged

I have to play every MM & PB thats over $50m.  $20 per draw until its hit.  $40 on PB because of powerplay.

sfilippo's avatar - skull
            Oklahoma
            United States
            Member #33770
            February 24, 2006
            3146 Posts
            Posted: August 8, 2007, 6:49 pm - IP Logged

I play powerball about once a month and rarely ever play the Oklahoma games.

Smiley Steve

Indiana
              United States
              Member #29196
              December 29, 2005
              280 Posts
              Posted: August 8, 2007, 6:56 pm - IP Logged

I haven't missed a Powerball drawing in over 2 years.  In the last 5 years I haven't missed 10 total Powerball drawings.

Jim 

Money frees you from doing things you dislike.  Since I dislike doing nearly everything, money is handy.  - Groucho Marx

md
                United States
                Member #14047
                April 20, 2005
                579 Posts
                Posted: August 8, 2007, 7:01 pm - IP Logged

I haven't missed a Powerball drawing in over 2 years.  In the last 5 years I haven't missed 10 total Powerball drawings.

Jim 

Thats an incredible streak.

LuckyLilly's avatar - savy chick.png

United States
                  Member #50124
                  February 26, 2007
                  601 Posts
                  Posted: August 8, 2007, 7:07 pm - IP Logged

Thats an incredible streak.

I haven't missed a powerball drawing since 1998.  Between 1993 and 1998 I missed maybe 4 due to traveling out of state.  I think that means it's my turn to win.  Thumbs Up