Welcome Guest
You last visited December 3, 2016, 8:56 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Indiana Lottery (Hoosier Lotto)

Topic closed. 28 replies. Last post 9 years ago by Guru101.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
Guru101's avatar - rw6jhh
Indiana
United States
Member #48725
January 7, 2007
1953 Posts
Posted: August 13, 2007, 11:38 am - IP Logged

Kentucky Lottery headquarters are over in Louisville. I live close to the state border in Indiana, and my cable company is located in Louisville. I must say that I see a lot more Kentucky Lottery commercials than Hoosier Lottery commercials. We still get PowerBall commercials frequently when the jackpot is over $50 million. Also, I went to Indianapolis(which is at the very center of Marion county and the location of Hoosier Lottery headquarters) for a school trip one time for 3 days and I saw a Hoosier Lottery commercial several times a day. So it doesn't surprise me that there are more winners from Marion county. There's more media coverage of the Hoosier Lottery further upstate. Most people around here probably just play PowerBall. More coverage and more people in Marion.

Ok, I got a response to the email I sent the Hoosier Lottery. Here it is:

Dear codeguru101:

I am in receipt of your recent e-mail regarding the Hoosier Lotto Jackpot. Please be advised that there is not $42.5 million in the bank for the Hoosier Lotto jackpot. The cash option is the amount of money the lottery has taken in from sales before each drawing. This amount is taken and then estimated based on previous records of what the sales potentially will be before the next drawing. Therefore you arrive to the Estimated Cash Option Jackpot. The current Hoosier Lotto Cash Option is $25.9 Million. This amount is then taken and figured with that weeks interest rates to determine the Estimated Annuitized Jackpot. This equals the current Hoosier Lotto Jackpot amount of $42.5 Million. Unfortunately we can not give you a specific set amount as it varies each drawing depending on sales and current interest rates. I hope this has been helpful in assisting you. You may call our Customer Service Department after each draw to receive the current cash option or have a retailer print a jackpot report for you during your next visit. We can be reached at 1-800-955-6886 or (317) 264-4800. Thank you.

A $25.9 Million cash option. Yee haw! I hope I win this mother!Jester

Gonna win.Big Smile

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
    mid-Ohio
    United States
    Member #9
    March 24, 2001
    19816 Posts
    Posted: August 13, 2007, 11:58 am - IP Logged

A $25.9 Million cash option. Yee haw! I hope I win this mother!Jester 

Your chances are as good as Uncle Jim

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

Indiana
      United States
      Member #29196
      December 29, 2005
      280 Posts
      Posted: August 13, 2007, 3:34 pm - IP Logged

I had another long response prepared but I lost my connection and lost the post.  So just a few short comments for now.

@Floyd:

As usual your post makes perfect sense.  I conceded your point about buying habits and no I don't have any information about lower prize levels.  However, I submit to you that distribution patterns have much more to do with the location of scratch off prizes and winners than do sales patterns. 

With regard to the Cash Blast game the Hoosier Lottery advertises both the number of prizes available and the number of prizes claimed.  In this case it is important to remember that there is a $7 million difference in what the Hoosier Lottery advertised as available...then reported as claimed and what was in fact actually paid out.  (Or so the lawsuit alleges.)

And my own opinion is paying expired prizes and prizes to people without tickets...especially when security procedures are lax is an open invitation to steal. as the saying goes:

No tickey no washey!

<@Guru:

Cheating...rigged...fixed...hey a rose by any other name...

And FYI (just food for thought) you do know that Mr. Foreman is the guy who recommended that the Hoosier Lottery switch over to the RNG and by some accounts even reccommended the current RNG they are using?

By the way..you may find this hard to believe but I hope you do win.  I looked at the number of winners from all the counties along the Ohio River that border Kentucky...and based on past history the chances of anyone winning from that area is remote to say the least.  But I sincerely wish you the best of luck.  and I suggest that if you're serious about winning you make another trip to Marion County and purchase your tickets there.

@RJ

Guru has a much better chance of winning than I do because I no longer play any Hoosier Lottery games.

Jim 

Money frees you from doing things you dislike.  Since I dislike doing nearly everything, money is handy.  - Groucho Marx

United States
        Member #16612
        June 2, 2005
        3493 Posts
        Posted: August 16, 2007, 2:46 pm - IP Logged

Did someone win the jackpot or did it roll? If it rolled, what is the current jackpot? If someone won the jackpot and the cash option was $25.9 million, what is the annunity jackpot?

Indiana
          United States
          Member #29196
          December 29, 2005
          280 Posts
          Posted: August 23, 2007, 1:24 pm - IP Logged

Just a little bump here to let everyone know that the Hoosier Lottery is still rolling!

Where are we know?  I've lost track.  I think we're approaching 90 draws and entering the 11th month without a winner?

$44 million 30 year annuity value? 

Jim 

Money frees you from doing things you dislike.  Since I dislike doing nearly everything, money is handy.  - Groucho Marx

Indiana
            United States
            Member #48725
            January 7, 2007
            1953 Posts
            Posted: August 23, 2007, 1:29 pm - IP Logged

Just a little bump here to let everyone know that the Hoosier Lottery is still rolling!

Where are we know?  I've lost track.  I think we're approaching 90 draws and entering the 11th month without a winner?

$44 million 30 year annuity value? 

Jim 

Ok, it rolled. Does that mean something?

Gonna win.Big Smile

Indiana
              United States
              Member #29196
              December 29, 2005
              280 Posts
              Posted: August 23, 2007, 1:38 pm - IP Logged

It just means it's business as usual with the Hoosier Lottery Guru.  The Lotto game has been rolling for more than 10 months now.  Why should we expect anything different? 

It may be won this draw and it may roll for a year. 

Jim 

Indiana
                United States
                Member #48725
                January 7, 2007
                1953 Posts
                Posted: August 23, 2007, 1:41 pm - IP Logged

It just means it's business as usual with the Hoosier Lottery Guru.  The Lotto game has been rolling for more than 10 months now.  Why should we expect anything different? 

It may be won this draw and it may roll for a year. 

Jim 

How many tickets were sold?

Gonna win.Big Smile

Indiana
                  United States
                  Member #29196
                  December 29, 2005
                  280 Posts
                  Posted: August 23, 2007, 1:53 pm - IP Logged

Don't ask me ask the Hoosier Lottery.  I don't have access to their sales figures.  They gave away almost 197,000 free Quick Picks on last night's draw if that tells you anything.

Jim

Indiana
                    United States
                    Member #48725
                    January 7, 2007
                    1953 Posts
                    Posted: August 23, 2007, 2:03 pm - IP Logged

Don't ask me ask the Hoosier Lottery.  I don't have access to their sales figures.  They gave away almost 197,000 free Quick Picks on last night's draw if that tells you anything.

Jim

I think you need to think about this more mathematically. Even if 1,000,000 tickets were sold, that's only 8.1% chance of it not rolling. So yes, it is possible for this game to go months without anyone winning. The population of Indiana is about 6.3 million, and I highly doubt 1/6 the population plays Hoosier Lotto. Why don't you think about it that way?

Gonna win.Big Smile

Indiana
                      United States
                      Member #29196
                      December 29, 2005
                      280 Posts
                      Posted: August 23, 2007, 2:35 pm - IP Logged

Guru I understand exactly what you are saying.  But given the history of scandal...corruption...secracy...rigged games...disproportionate winners...missing money...law suits...prizes paid without tickets....prizes paid after the claim period has expired...PLUS the use nontelevised RNG drawings...I have a really hard time accepting more than 10 months of rollovers at face value.

I may be wrong but that's what I think.

Jim 

Indiana
                        United States
                        Member #48725
                        January 7, 2007
                        1953 Posts
                        Posted: August 23, 2007, 3:00 pm - IP Logged

Guru I understand exactly what you are saying.  But given the history of scandal...corruption...secracy...rigged games...disproportionate winners...missing money...law suits...prizes paid without tickets....prizes paid after the claim period has expired...PLUS the use nontelevised RNG drawings...I have a really hard time accepting more than 10 months of rollovers at face value.

I may be wrong but that's what I think.

Jim 

I've already said before that the result of those situations came from either a bad business partner or a crooked employee. You can't prevent all bad guys from getting inside an organization they don't belong. You just gotta try your best to prevent it. Just because the Hoosier Lottery has had hostility in the past, doesn't mean I'm going to go and say every Hoosier Lottery employee are all a part of some secret operation. The fact is, it happens, and the company does what it can to fix the problem. You obviously haven't moved on, and that's ok, but you don't have to come into the thread and say "OMG Hoosier Lotto rolled again! It been rolling for 10 months! They're cheaters! They rig their games!". Fact is, people are innocent until proven guilty of a particular crime DESPITE any other wrong doings in the past. If you want OTHER people to think the same as you, then you have to go out, get cold hard proof, and show it to them. Even then, it's still their decision whether or not the evidence is credibal enough. Otherwise, all it is, is complaining, complaining, complaining.

Gonna win.Big Smile

Indiana
                          United States
                          Member #29196
                          December 29, 2005
                          280 Posts
                          Posted: August 23, 2007, 5:06 pm - IP Logged

Despite the factual inaccuracies in your post it all boils down to this:

I think it's crooked and you think it's on the up and up.  I think I have presented some facts and you think they are just glitches.  I think they should be held responsible for their actions and you say so hey it happens.

Sorry if I'm bumming you out Guru but look at the bright side.  When you win you can rub my nose in it.

Jim 

Indiana
                            United States
                            Member #48725
                            January 7, 2007
                            1953 Posts
                            Posted: August 23, 2007, 5:33 pm - IP Logged

Despite the factual inaccuracies in your post it all boils down to this:

I think it's crooked and you think it's on the up and up.  I think I have presented some facts and you think they are just glitches.  I think they should be held responsible for their actions and you say so hey it happens.

Sorry if I'm bumming you out Guru but look at the bright side.  When you win you can rub my nose in it.

Jim 

At the end of the day, the burden of proof lyes with the person making the accusations, and since proof hasn't been shown, accusations of wrong doing are not credibal. Past wrong doings are not proof of current wrong doings. Go ahead and keep saying this and that without proof, but either way it doesn't matter.

Gonna win.Big Smile