Welcome Guest
You last visited December 8, 2016, 3:03 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Which way is better?

Topic closed. 23 replies. Last post 9 years ago by Just6ntlc.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink

Play 365 dollars in one day all straight...or

Play all in one day 365 dollars Straight [ 8 ]  [29.63%]
Play dollar a day for 365 [ 19 ]  [70.37%]
Total Valid Votes [ 27 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 3 ]  
WIN  D's avatar - q05Q0
Stone Mountain*Georgia
United States
Member #828
November 2, 2002
10491 Posts
Posted: August 19, 2007, 7:34 am - IP Logged

Not just a pick 3 question .....but for all games. Is it better to take a whole year's play money and play it all in one day....or ... play 365 days.  

The only real failure .....is the failure to try.                               

Luck is a very rare thing....... Odds not so much. 

Odds never change .....but probability does. 

Win d    

WIN  D's avatar - q05Q0
    Stone Mountain*Georgia
    United States
    Member #828
    November 2, 2002
    10491 Posts
    Posted: August 19, 2007, 7:46 am - IP Logged

Think about it this way....  In one day play all 365 dollars on 365 straights in the Pick 3 game. 

Your odds are really pretty good. You have about a 1 n 3 chance at a Straight Hit. If you play on line and you hit ..... well thats 900.00 dollars isn't it.  Thats not too bad actually.  You have a 1 n 3 chance at a Straight Hit and win either $500.00 or $900.00  Sun Smiley   

Win d    

India
      Member #54421
      August 18, 2007
      1 Posts
      Posted: August 19, 2007, 11:20 am - IP Logged

Hi;

Play a month instead per day or per year.  Also, play big jackpot games.

hypersoniq's avatar - 8ball
        Pennsylvania
        United States
        Member #1340
        April 6, 2003
        2450 Posts
        Posted: August 19, 2007, 12:39 pm - IP Logged

possible outcomes for a single event... if you win, you will get let's use $900... now subtract the money you spent on the tickets...net profit of $535 IF you win.

increase your events by playing one a day... then if you hit, you can STOP playing and your net profit would be higher (if you win before draw 365) OR keep playing and hope for another win.

IF you win twice only, $1800-$365 = $1435

ACTUAL profits depend on ACTUAL hits, but in theory, you have the POTENTIAL exposure to $328,135 (less the $365 investment) by playing $1 every day rather than the potential exposure to $535 by playing all $365 at once.

Playing more than one ticket per game is betting against yourself.

LANTERN's avatar - kilroy 28_173_reasonably_small.jpg
          Tx
          United States
          Member #4570
          May 4, 2004
          5180 Posts
          Posted: August 19, 2007, 12:41 pm - IP Logged

I say, to play on paper first and see if you can find ways to increase your odds to at least from the original 1/3 or so to at least 65%, if you can then go ahead and play, otherwise wait untill you can do better, keep on playing on paper, $365 dollars per one play is a lot of money to risk.

You might need to be rich like losing Jef to just play and hope that you are lucky.

I say make your own luck first.

In the past  for me playing 365, dollars a draw might had mean, an almost for sure straight win, but I neither had that kind of money nor the inclination to take the risk.

I am neither rich nor brave enough to.

I am scared of not winning even if I think that I have a good enough chance with so many numbers and my prediction skill.

Now if it was somebody elses money, or just playing on paper, then it would be OK, it is more likely that with so many combos that there might be wins about from 50% to maybe 2 wins out of 3 or 3 wins out of 5.

Better to take that kind of a risk playing online, but not with the lotteries, online at least I would know that in the long run not only I woulld get all my money back, but also make a profit, always be sure either way by playing on paper long enough first.

Good luck. 

BibleOnline  ParishesOnline  ChristianRadioOnline   MassOnline   Mass

"Ten measures of beauty descended to the world, nine were taken by Jerusalem."

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
            Zeta Reticuli Star System
            United States
            Member #30470
            January 17, 2006
            10351 Posts
            Posted: August 19, 2007, 12:59 pm - IP Logged

The odds still say it's more likely that you'll lose the $365 and human nature says tyou're not going to wait another 364 days to play.

Remember Buster Douglas ("Buffet Buster"), the boxer that beat Mike Tyson in Japan? People used to bet heavy on Tyson, often laying $1700 or $2200 to win $100. (You have to put up $1700 or $220 to get paid $100, he was that heavily favored.)

If we're talking Pick 3, if you can lose bets like that, having 365 combos out of 1,000 means nothing more than you have 365 of 1,000 - or in other words, 635 ways to lose and 365 ways to win.

If we're talking a jackpot game, betting $365 on one drawing means there's one winning grain of sand on a beach and of all the millions of grains of sand there all you have are 365 of them.  

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

Tx
              United States
              Member #4570
              May 4, 2004
              5180 Posts
              Posted: August 19, 2007, 1:11 pm - IP Logged

--

Tx Middday
              3-5-2 LHL-OOE-3Width-10-0-1
              6-3-0 HLL-EOE-6Width-09-9-9
              5-7-8 HHH-OOE-3Widht-20-0-2
              6-0-9 HLH-EEO-9Width-15-5-6
              4-8-2 LHL-EEE-6Width-14-4-5
              9-1-5 HLH-OOO-8Width-15-5-6
              1-0-1 LLL-OEO-1Width-02-2-2
              5-1-0 HLL-OOE-5Width-06-6-6
              2-5-6 LHH-EOE-4Width-13-3-4
              1-9-6 LHH-OOE-8Width-16-6-7=Sum-LDR-Root

As can be seen almost perfect winning stats,
              like taking candy from a baby.
              Tx draws are often. but not always as good as you are going to get.
              Those are just of course a few stats.
              They show 1 failure out of 9 draws, so 8 won and 1 lost, not too bad.

That was just a quickie.

More stats might mean more reduction, but of course some more risk also, not as much for me, but for many players.

Know your filters. 

Tx
                United States
                Member #4570
                May 4, 2004
                5180 Posts
                Posted: August 19, 2007, 1:28 pm - IP Logged

Tx Middday
                3-5-2 MHL
                6-3-0 HML
                5-7-8 LMH
                6-0-9 MLH
                4-8-2 MHL
                9-1-5 HLM
                1-0-1 HLH
                5-1-0 HML
                2-5-6 LMH
                1-9-6 LHM
                No failures there on 9 times, so 9 wins for that pattern out of 9.

They are straight sequences (Box forms)of course from Lowest to Highest.
                For straight singles it means 1/6 filtration of the total of them.

Tx
                  United States
                  Member #4570
                  May 4, 2004
                  5180 Posts
                  Posted: August 19, 2007, 1:37 pm - IP Logged

Tx Middday
                  3-5-2 23 05-5-5
                  6-3-0 33 06-6-6
                  5-7-8 21 03-3-3
                  6-0-9 69 15-5-6
                  4-8-2 46 10-0-1
                  9-1-5 84 12-2-3
                  1-0-1 11 02-2-2
                  5-1-0 41 05-5-5
                  2-5-6 31 04-4-4
                  1-9-6 83 11-1-2
                  No failures seen there on 9 draws either.
                  Not too bad so far, but I better stop.

----------

More filters can be gotten out of the above workout, but not on this thread now. 

Tx
                    United States
                    Member #4570
                    May 4, 2004
                    5180 Posts
                    Posted: August 19, 2007, 1:44 pm - IP Logged

And there are a LEGION of other filters, I do mean a LEGION.

----------------- 

And we didn't even get into my own VTRACKS yet and sorry, but at this time won't either.

That would mean even yet more filtration on top of the "regular" legion of filters. 

-----------

Things to keep in mind in order to win:

There is no random.

There is no chance.

You make your own luck.

You can increase your odds of winning a lot.

Take it from the StatsOlogist. 

four4me's avatar - gate1
                      MD
                      United States
                      Member #1701
                      June 18, 2003
                      8362 Posts
                      Posted: August 19, 2007, 1:56 pm - IP Logged

A while back i figured what it would cost to play 10 numbers in all states 25 cents straight and box. I cant remember what the cost was but every day for a week or so i tallied up my theoretical winnings. Some days i made out good and some days i didn't so i guess it might average out. On days when the same number might come in straight in more than one state they that was a good payday.

Since i cant play online anymore ( haven't figured a way to get the funding transfered) i haven't worked on the theory any further.

Tx
                        United States
                        Member #4570
                        May 4, 2004
                        5180 Posts
                        Posted: August 19, 2007, 1:59 pm - IP Logged

A while back i figured what it would cost to play 10 numbers in all states 25 cents straight and box. I cant remember what the cost was but every day for a week or so i tallied up my theoretical winnings. Some days i made out good and some days i didn't so i guess it might average out. On days when the same number might come in straight in more than one state they that was a good payday.

Since i cant play online anymore ( haven't figured a way to get the funding transfered) i haven't worked on the theory any further.

Ricky (Paurths) says that he can help with that problem.

Tx
                          United States
                          Member #4570
                          May 4, 2004
                          5180 Posts
                          Posted: August 19, 2007, 2:02 pm - IP Logged

There was 1 failure there:

Tx Middday
                          3-5-2 23 05-5-5
                          6-3-0 33 06-6-6
                          5-7-8 21 03-3-3
                          6-0-9 69 15-5-6
                          4-8-2 46 10-0-1
                          9-1-5 84 12-2-3
                          1-0-1 11 02-2-2
                          5-1-0 41 05-5-5
                          2-5-6 31 04-4-4
                          1-9-6 83 11-1-2
                          No failures seen there on 9 draws either.
                          Not too bad so far, but I better stop.

---------

I am getting old. 

WIN  D's avatar - q05Q0
                            Stone Mountain*Georgia
                            United States
                            Member #828
                            November 2, 2002
                            10491 Posts
                            Posted: August 20, 2007, 8:42 am - IP Logged

possible outcomes for a single event... if you win, you will get let's use $900... now subtract the money you spent on the tickets...net profit of $535 IF you win.

increase your events by playing one a day... then if you hit, you can STOP playing and your net profit would be higher (if you win before draw 365) OR keep playing and hope for another win.

IF you win twice only, $1800-$365 = $1435

ACTUAL profits depend on ACTUAL hits, but in theory, you have the POTENTIAL exposure to $328,135 (less the $365 investment) by playing $1 every day rather than the potential exposure to $535 by playing all $365 at once.

I think I agree with hypersonig.

It's a lot like buying .....SHORT or LONG in the stock market. The stock is at say... 40.00 dollars a share and you bet it Short or to go down and you are right !  You can only make that much or you are limit down on that stock at best...... 40.00 per share. No place to go from there.

But... If you buy Long and the stock is 40.00 per share....  it could be a young Microsoft ...LOL        The up side has no Top. 

"Gamble Lucky or.... don't Gamble....Buy bonds" 

Win d

Win d    

NY
                              United States
                              Member #23835
                              October 16, 2005
                              3474 Posts
                              Posted: August 20, 2007, 10:50 am - IP Logged

Your chances of losing all your money if you bet $365 all at once: 63.5%

Your chances of losing all your money if you bet $1 on 365 different drawings: 69.4%

That assumes that the single bet is for 365 different numbers, and ignores the slim chance that you could win multiple times by betting on multiple drawings.