Welcome Guest
Log In | Register )
You last visited December 9, 2016, 6:28 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Which way is better?

Topic closed. 23 replies. Last post 9 years ago by Just6ntlc.

Page 2 of 2
41
PrintE-mailLink

Play 365 dollars in one day all straight...or

Play all in one day 365 dollars Straight [ 8 ]  [29.63%]
Play dollar a day for 365 [ 19 ]  [70.37%]
Total Valid Votes [ 27 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 3 ]  
WIN  D's avatar - q05Q0
Stone Mountain*Georgia
United States
Member #828
November 2, 2002
10491 Posts
Offline
Posted: August 20, 2007, 2:43 pm - IP Logged

       Well ,,,we also need to keep in mind that if you pick 3 numbers and play them consecutively for 1000 drawings, your odds of winning are only about 62% - 63%.

 On the other hand, if you play all 1000 combinations for ONE drawing, yours odds are naturally 100% to win.

 

 

The only real failure .....is the failure to try.                               

                              Luck is a very rare thing....... Odds not so much. 

                              Odds never change .....but probability does. 

                                                                                       Win d    


    United States
    Member #17555
    June 22, 2005
    5582 Posts
    Offline
    Posted: August 20, 2007, 2:55 pm - IP Logged

    Your chances of losing all your money if you bet $365 all at once: 63.5%

    Your chances of losing all your money if you bet $1 on 365 different drawings: 69.4%

    That assumes that the single bet is for 365 different numbers, and ignores the slim chance that you could win multiple times by betting on multiple drawings.

    How do you figure the difference in percentages?

    365 is 365 no matter how you look at it. Unless, maybe if you play 365 at only a buck a day, there might be a slightly better chance that one might stumble on a hunch that's really good for that day, and win because of it, whereas, if you just dump the whole thing on one day, then it's just a 1 in 3 chance. Still good, but that one particular day throughout the year with a good hunch could be even better...who knows...

      Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
      Zeta Reticuli Star System
      United States
      Member #30470
      January 17, 2006
      10353 Posts
      Offline
      Posted: August 20, 2007, 4:59 pm - IP Logged

      One New Year's Eve in one of the casinos I worked in we had a player come up to the game about ten inutes beofre midnight. He asked what the table maximum was and when we told him he counted out the cash. 

      Then he just hung out on the game and waited. When everyone was yelling HAPPY NEW YEAR  he yelled "Money plays" and put $1,000 in hundreds on the Field. (2 3 4  9 10 11 12). The stickman called an 8, the base dealer took the money, and the guy looked at the boxman and said, "Dammit, I though this year might be different".

      Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

      Lep

      There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

        LANTERN's avatar - kilroy 28_173_reasonably_small.jpg
        Tx
        United States
        Member #4570
        May 4, 2004
        5180 Posts
        Offline
        Posted: August 20, 2007, 5:47 pm - IP Logged

        One New Year's Eve in one of the casinos I worked in we had a player come up to the game about ten inutes beofre midnight. He asked what the table maximum was and when we told him he counted out the cash. 

        Then he just hung out on the game and waited. When everyone was yelling HAPPY NEW YEAR  he yelled "Money plays" and put $1,000 in hundreds on the Field. (2 3 4  9 10 11 12). The stickman called an 8, the base dealer took the money, and the guy looked at the boxman and said, "Dammit, I though this year might be different".

        It seems to me that his is more a business of less and or more likely to happen than of it will and or won't.

        Bet the lowest possible ammount allowed to still keep your particular level of chance that you want .

        For example: If the lowest cost of a pick 3 number is 50 Cents, buy each of the numbers that you need for that ammouint, not for one dollar or more.

        Profit thru winning on very many draws and not just on one of them.

        This might be specialy needed if you are using progressive betting.

        So making a big bet once a year might be foolish, better to make several smaller bets, by that I mean:

        If you are going to bet on 10 numbers, better to bet at 50 cents each for $5 total per draw per 10 draws than to bet at $5 per each number for $50 on one draw. 

        That way you have a better chance of making any profit at all. 

        Greed will do you in.

        The closer in time that the draws are held or drawn the more that their statistics can be trusted, but I have not checked that, it all depends how they look and what you are looking for, sometimes you are better off spreading in time that patterns or draws that you are using for your stats, it all depends what looks best for use, that is it depends on your prediction technique and on what the patterns show both ways, what is of more use, one or the other.

        -------------

        Keep in mind that one draw or pattern does not have any or much to do with another draw or pattern, statistics is all that connects and relates them.

        So make statistics your prediction technique, because it is all that can help you if anything can.

        ------------

        If you have not seen evidence that a technique works, then why use it?

        Try on paper first.

        So called random is not going to help you by itself, you have to help yourself with it, get to know it and work with it.

        ---------

        People want to win, but they refuse to learn how to.

        --------------

        Would you trust the person(s) who has to pay for wins to hols his or their own drawings?

        Somebody who has nothing to gain or lose either way should hold the draws. 

        BibleOnline  ParishesOnline  ChristianRadioOnline   MassOnline   Mass

        "Ten measures of beauty descended to the world, nine were taken by Jerusalem."

          Avatar
          NY
          United States
          Member #23835
          October 16, 2005
          3474 Posts
          Offline
          Posted: August 21, 2007, 1:07 am - IP Logged

          How do you figure the difference in percentages?

          365 is 365 no matter how you look at it. Unless, maybe if you play 365 at only a buck a day, there might be a slightly better chance that one might stumble on a hunch that's really good for that day, and win because of it, whereas, if you just dump the whole thing on one day, then it's just a 1 in 3 chance. Still good, but that one particular day throughout the year with a good hunch could be even better...who knows...

          If you play $1 you have 1 chance in 1000 to win and 999 in 1000 to lose. That means there's a 99.9% chance you'll lose. There's a 99.9% chance you'll lose the next day, too. And the third day, and so on.  The makes the chances of losing all 365 times .999365  which is .694, or 69.4%. The greater chance of losing every time comes with the  possibility of winning more than once, which obviously can't happen if you play 365 different numbers on the same drawing.


            United States
            Member #17555
            June 22, 2005
            5582 Posts
            Offline
            Posted: August 21, 2007, 11:25 am - IP Logged

            If you play $1 you have 1 chance in 1000 to win and 999 in 1000 to lose. That means there's a 99.9% chance you'll lose. There's a 99.9% chance you'll lose the next day, too. And the third day, and so on.  The makes the chances of losing all 365 times .999365  which is .694, or 69.4%. The greater chance of losing every time comes with the  possibility of winning more than once, which obviously can't happen if you play 365 different numbers on the same drawing.

            You say that there is a 99.9% chance I'll lose playing a buck a day. Not if I have the right combo. If I have the right combo, there goes that 99.9% theory. That 99.9% strictly relies on the person's ability, knowledge, first hand experience, and many other factors which can make that high percent of 99.9 fluctuate.

            What if I had a system that predicted correctly 100% straight everyday in the p-3? Now, the 99.9% changes all of s sudden, doesen't it? It's like a 0% to lose...

            It all depends how you look at it. It's not as cut and dry as you state.


              Brazil
              Member #51781
              April 24, 2007
              384 Posts
              Offline
              Posted: August 21, 2007, 1:12 pm - IP Logged

              If you count on-line playing (without real tickets). It should be possible to play $0.50 for each number (straight) and with 730 combinations there is the probability of a straight winner hit.

              I  think that their play $900.00 for a straight hit, $0.50 could pay $450.00. There is 73% chance of success against 27% of failure.

              For pick-5 or Lotto game it would be possible to play 730 lines, this is a lot of games!  

                LANTERN's avatar - kilroy 28_173_reasonably_small.jpg
                Tx
                United States
                Member #4570
                May 4, 2004
                5180 Posts
                Offline
                Posted: August 28, 2007, 2:10 am - IP Logged

                If you count on-line playing (without real tickets). It should be possible to play $0.50 for each number (straight) and with 730 combinations there is the probability of a straight winner hit.

                I  think that their play $900.00 for a straight hit, $0.50 could pay $450.00. There is 73% chance of success against 27% of failure.

                For pick-5 or Lotto game it would be possible to play 730 lines, this is a lot of games!  

                For pick 3

                9x9x9=729 and

                8x8x8=512

                So there is a good chance of making a profit at 900 to 1 online, if one has lots of money to spend and likes to take very big chances.

                Those wheels are very possible if you know how to reduce to those digits per position, I know one or two things about straight filtering, as I did show long ago 1 or 3 times. But much stuff I have never showed yet.

                Much of what I know, I have never used for real predicting, only against past draws.

                After all, I am poor and not a gambler either.

                BibleOnline  ParishesOnline  ChristianRadioOnline   MassOnline   Mass

                "Ten measures of beauty descended to the world, nine were taken by Jerusalem."


                  United States
                  Member #16612
                  June 2, 2005
                  3493 Posts
                  Offline
                  Posted: August 28, 2007, 4:10 am - IP Logged

                  My vote is pick a dollar a day. I have no luck at all.