Welcome Guest
You last visited January 22, 2017, 9:05 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Online Playing--the Bottomline

Topic closed. 27 replies. Last post 9 years ago by Yukio.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
Fibonacci's avatar - Lottery-050.jpg
New York, NY
United States
Member #39471
May 16, 2006
2698 Posts
Posted: August 23, 2007, 12:49 pm - IP Logged

I confess I ahave not kept up-to-date with the news and legislation. I am not asking for legal advice, I just need to know from other like-minded persons/players/lottery fans what is the buzz about online playing?

Is it legal as far as you are aware? What should I be aware of? I am not asking for websites, just yr own knowledge. I just need the bottomline in simple English, please. Thanks.

PMs welcomed. 

$$$

United States
    Member #17555
    June 22, 2005
    5582 Posts
    Posted: August 23, 2007, 12:53 pm - IP Logged

I'm not sure but I think now it's more about the funding of the account than anything else, but again not sure.

stavros's avatar - avatar 6898.gif
      Florida
      United States
      Member #6147
      August 8, 2004
      1396 Posts
      Posted: August 23, 2007, 12:58 pm - IP Logged

I'm not sure but I think now it's more about the funding of the account than anything else, but again not sure.

Yes...the funding is the issue.  I fund my account through Western Union, and by the time I get back home, the money is ready to be credited to my account within 15 minutes.

Good Luck!

Stavros

mrmelvin28's avatar - Lottery-007.jpg

United States
        Member #4198
        March 30, 2004
        86 Posts
        Posted: August 23, 2007, 1:04 pm - IP Logged

I fund my account with ewallet express and click2pay  takes about 3 minutes haven't had any problems yet.

lacie's avatar - radar
          jacksonville, fl.
          United States
          Member #19655
          August 3, 2005
          133 Posts
          Posted: August 23, 2007, 5:59 pm - IP Logged

Where I play they take Debit cards, 30 seconds and your ready to play.

No lottery games, though.

Tenaj's avatar - michellea
            Charlotte NC
            United States
            Member #17406
            June 18, 2005
            4054 Posts
            Posted: August 23, 2007, 6:36 pm - IP Logged

Hit With StickYa'll don't need to be telling the world what you use to fund your account online in the US or any details.  I would like to continue to play online.  This stuff should be on the downlow.  geez   

takeemtothebank

stavros's avatar - avatar 6898.gif
              Florida
              United States
              Member #6147
              August 8, 2004
              1396 Posts
              Posted: August 23, 2007, 6:56 pm - IP Logged

Hit With StickYa'll don't need to be telling the world what you use to fund your account online in the US or any details.  I would like to continue to play online.  This stuff should be on the downlow.  geez   

Tenaj....the funding options are listed on the gaming websites, so it's already out there for anyone who wants to know.  Sharing our experiences here is not "spilling the beans." Group Hug

Good Luck!

Stavros

United States
                Member #17555
                June 22, 2005
                5582 Posts
                Posted: August 23, 2007, 6:58 pm - IP Logged

C'mon Janet, they're not dumb. Do you really believe they don't know?

Tenaj's avatar - michellea
                  Charlotte NC
                  United States
                  Member #17406
                  June 18, 2005
                  4054 Posts
                  Posted: August 23, 2007, 8:09 pm - IP Logged

C'mon Janet, they're not dumb. Do you really believe they don't know?

No NodIf they didn't, they know now don't they?

takeemtothebank

United States
                    Member #17555
                    June 22, 2005
                    5582 Posts
                    Posted: August 23, 2007, 8:36 pm - IP Logged

No NodIf they didn't, they know now don't they?

But again, your assumption is based on that they didn't know in the first place.

How do you know for sure they didn't know before this post? You don't. With all the technology, do you really believe they had no clue?

I just read recently that the government is now capable of hearing backround conversations even when the cell phone is in the off position for national security reasons. But only if you have the similar type of tracking network like nextel.

So when you're having a conversation with a roommate, they can hear you talking to them, even when your not on the phone. Eavesdropping on you.

tnlotto1's avatar - logo
                      nashville
                      United States
                      Member #49896
                      February 18, 2007
                      1181 Posts
                      Posted: August 23, 2007, 8:40 pm - IP Logged

But again, your assumption is based on that they didn't know in the first place.

How do you know for sure they didn't know before this post? You don't. With all the technology, do you really believe they had no clue?

I just read recently that the government is now capable of hearing backround conversations even when the cell phone is in the off position for national security reasons. But only if you have the similar type of tracking network like nextel.

So when you're having a conversation with a roommate, they can hear you talking to them, even when your not on the phone. Eavesdropping on you.

i saw that report on Fox News. they said the only way to make sure they cant hear your conversations is to take the battery off your cell phone when you are not using it.

United States
                        Member #17555
                        June 22, 2005
                        5582 Posts
                        Posted: August 23, 2007, 9:07 pm - IP Logged

i saw that report on Fox News. they said the only way to make sure they cant hear your conversations is to take the battery off your cell phone when you are not using it.

You got that right, i saw it too.

That's big brother for you.

Good catch tnlotto1.....

lacie's avatar - radar
                          jacksonville, fl.
                          United States
                          Member #19655
                          August 3, 2005
                          133 Posts
                          Posted: August 23, 2007, 10:24 pm - IP Logged

If any one thinks the government is looking at a few people that gamble off shore i'm screwed. this is by far the most stupid thing I can think of. maybe if your betting millions of dollars on line they might look but for me at least I am sure they could care less about the the little money I bet. they look for big money, big names,hollywood stars, something that makes the papers. US, I don't think so

Thank you,

prisoner 116978

In stark florida, waiting to get out

LOTTOMIKE's avatar - Lottery-063.jpg
                            Tennessee
                            United States
                            Member #7853
                            October 15, 2004
                            11338 Posts
                            Posted: August 23, 2007, 10:49 pm - IP Logged

this is what i want to know....

how many of you can still do betslips?  i can't get ahold of click2pay to fund my account.a couple months ago my transaction was denied.i'd like to use my credit card if possible that i just got.

good news---for you people playing....you can still play.there are no laws against the person betting and only the person taking the bets BUT these people can't be touched they are offshore!

good news--they had until june to pass laws barring banks from taking such transactions and these laws are still NOT in place and might not be for a long time.those places that quit doing transactions did so because they wanted to.this law has not been implemented yet.

good news--you are fine and no reason to be paranoid.you can bet because there is no law saying YOU can't.the funding is a lot harder for certain people but things are not as bad as some feared.

good news--there is already a bill floating around to repeal this dumbass law that was passed.

jarasan's avatar - new patrick.gif
                              Harbinger
                              D.C./MD.
                              United States
                              Member #44103
                              July 30, 2006
                              5587 Posts
                              Posted: August 23, 2007, 10:49 pm - IP Logged

If any one thinks the government is looking at a few people that gamble off shore i'm screwed. this is by far the most stupid thing I can think of. maybe if your betting millions of dollars on line they might look but for me at least I am sure they could care less about the the little money I bet. they look for big money, big names,hollywood stars, something that makes the papers. US, I don't think so

Thank you,

prisoner 116978

In stark florida, waiting to get out

I Agree! In stark MD..