Welcome Guest
You last visited December 10, 2016, 2:50 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Online Playing--the Bottomline

Topic closed. 27 replies. Last post 9 years ago by Yukio.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
LOTTOMIKE's avatar - cash money.jpg
Tennessee
United States
Member #7853
October 15, 2004
11338 Posts
Posted: August 28, 2007, 7:29 am - IP Logged

I fund my account with ewallet express and click2pay  takes about 3 minutes haven't had any problems yet.

your lucky.i can do the e-wallet but click2pay went from being accepted to refused for me.

Fibonacci's avatar - Lottery-050.jpg
    New York, NY
    United States
    Member #39471
    May 16, 2006
    2696 Posts
    Posted: August 29, 2007, 10:36 pm - IP Logged

Bottomline.

I gather a few things.

1. Betslipswill not takwe bets (knowingly) from customers apparently based in the US. 

2. Click2Pay will not open new accounts for US customers. If you already had a C2P a/c it appears you can continue 

3. Those who suugest that it is illegal for the sites (the bookies?) and not for the players -I suspect they are misguided. 

4. Those who suggest that they wouldn't go after little fish may be misguided. 

5. The sites that take bets are deliberately being vague about the issues in response to enquiries from consumers...might be a "good" business strategy...they are basically pursuing a caveat emptor approach 

Bottomline to thebottomline...I don't know what to do! Maybe erring on the side of caution is the most prudent step.

$$$

LANTERN's avatar - kilroy 28_173_reasonably_small.jpg
      Tx
      United States
      Member #4570
      May 4, 2004
      5180 Posts
      Posted: August 29, 2007, 10:49 pm - IP Logged

Bottomline.

I gather a few things.

1. Betslipswill not takwe bets (knowingly) from customers apparently based in the US. 

2. Click2Pay will not open new accounts for US customers. If you already had a C2P a/c it appears you can continue 

3. Those who suugest that it is illegal for the sites (the bookies?) and not for the players -I suspect they are misguided. 

4. Those who suggest that they wouldn't go after little fish may be misguided. 

5. The sites that take bets are deliberately being vague about the issues in response to enquiries from consumers...might be a "good" business strategy...they are basically pursuing a caveat emptor approach 

Bottomline to thebottomline...I don't know what to do! Maybe erring on the side of caution is the most prudent step.

Perhaps play thru an overseas partner.

Here at LP there are some. 

BibleOnline  ParishesOnline  ChristianRadioOnline   MassOnline   Mass

"Ten measures of beauty descended to the world, nine were taken by Jerusalem."

Ms. Pat's avatar - Lottery-032.jpg
        Fayetteville, Georgia
        United States
        Member #3593
        February 2, 2004
        2285 Posts
        Posted: August 30, 2007, 11:45 pm - IP Logged

Hey guys

You never know who's whos' anymore. About 2 years ago I was playing at the "the store" before the so called bill passed I got a regular email that said "you visit illegal sites." Didn't think too much about it at the time. At the bottom of the email was an address for the Feds in DC and a telephone number. I called the number sure enough it was "them"........I hung up......Big Bro again

LOTTOMIKE's avatar - cash money.jpg
          Tennessee
          United States
          Member #7853
          October 15, 2004
          11338 Posts
          Posted: August 31, 2007, 12:11 am - IP Logged

pat are they allowed to do that??

Fayetteville, Georgia
            United States
            Member #3593
            February 2, 2004
            2285 Posts
            Posted: August 31, 2007, 12:58 am - IP Logged

I thought it was kind of strange.Don't know how they got my email address.....

Tx
              United States
              Member #4570
              May 4, 2004
              5180 Posts
              Posted: August 31, 2007, 2:28 am - IP Logged

Hey guys

You never know who's whos' anymore. About 2 years ago I was playing at the "the store" before the so called bill passed I got a regular email that said "you visit illegal sites." Didn't think too much about it at the time. At the bottom of the email was an address for the Feds in DC and a telephone number. I called the number sure enough it was "them"........I hung up......Big Bro again

I also got one like that long ago, I can't remember when, it might had been exactly the same as you got, but I think that it was not for going to the same place as you, but maybe for going to even more "illegal" places, it scared me for a little while, but not for long, I go where-ever I like to, Feds or no Feds, even if they would put a "Black Box" at my ISP.

Are they going to presecute all the thousands or millions of people that go wherever they want to on the Web?

THe US is like another Red China, now they only need to put an Internet wall around the country.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carnivore_(FBI)

http://r-s-g.org/carnivore/

http://computer.howstuffworks.com/carnivore.htm

Fayetteville, Georgia
                United States
                Member #3593
                February 2, 2004
                2285 Posts
                Posted: August 31, 2007, 10:52 am - IP Logged

Thanks for sharing that info Lantern, I was beginning to think it was just me. It scared me at first but I do still do what I need to do to stay ahead in this game.

Ms. Pat

Tx
                  United States
                  Member #4570
                  May 4, 2004
                  5180 Posts
                  Posted: August 31, 2007, 12:10 pm - IP Logged

Thanks for sharing that info Lantern, I was beginning to think it was just me. It scared me at first but I do still do what I need to do to stay ahead in this game.

Ms. Pat

After I got that email I changed my email address right away, my ISP lets me change my email address as often as I want to, since then I have changed it at least 4 times.

I it is a good idea to change your email address every once in a while just in case.

The only way for them to keep track of what you do is to put a black box for you at your ISP, they can't afford to do this for all the millions of people who go wherever they want to, so they won't, they just scare people once in a while this was years ago and they have not bothered me again since then and I still wherever I want to, they can't afford to stay with anybody in particular for too long as there are millions of people surfing on the net every day, they might come back to us in a few years or 5 to 10 years and give us another warning. 

If I was paranoid about it I would get an encrypted internet connection, but I don't worry too much so I don't.

Or you can use a proxy chain, just to make it a little harder for them  to track you, but that slows the surfing down, so don't bother with it. 

take a look at this:

http://tor.eff.org/

http://anon.inf.tu-dresden.de/index_en.html

http://freeweb.sourceforge.net/privacy.html 

http://freeweb.sourceforge.net/index1.html

For an old guy, I do know a few things. 

BobP's avatar - bobp avatar.png
                    Dump Water Florida
                    United States
                    Member #380
                    June 5, 2002
                    3104 Posts
                    Posted: August 31, 2007, 1:02 pm - IP Logged

I never beleived for a minute those emails were from the Feds.  All that crap is part of some kind of scam to get your information or put a virus on your computer. We bought a CD at a new bank last week because they offered a better rate for new customers, within the week I started getting problem with the account letters.  When I hold the mouse over the supposed bank web address there is numbers before the bank's name which proves it didn't come from them.  Your bank doesn't send you emails, ebay doesn't close your account, paypal doesn't close your account, Mrs tootle doesn't need to talk to you, the Feds don't send you emails, your friend didn't send you a e-postcard, and you didn't win the Lottery Post Lottery, really. BobP

Tx
                      United States
                      Member #4570
                      May 4, 2004
                      5180 Posts
                      Posted: August 31, 2007, 1:24 pm - IP Logged

I never beleived for a minute those emails were from the Feds.  All that crap is part of some kind of scam to get your information or put a virus on your computer. We bought a CD at a new bank last week because they offered a better rate for new customers, within the week I started getting problem with the account letters.  When I hold the mouse over the supposed bank web address there is numbers before the bank's name which proves it didn't come from them.  Your bank doesn't send you emails, ebay doesn't close your account, paypal doesn't close your account, Mrs tootle doesn't need to talk to you, the Feds don't send you emails, your friend didn't send you a e-postcard, and you didn't win the Lottery Post Lottery, really. BobP

You must be right, one has to be careful, that is why I don't like to bank on the Internet and use PayPal and ebay as little as possible, also I use FireFox and update it all of the time.

Go to security and click on: "Tell me if the site that I am visiting is a suspected forgery"

Also "Warn me when sites try to install add-ons". 

And FireFox is lightning fast. 

You might also try using a "Sand Box" to protect yourself with.

four4me's avatar - gate1
                        MD
                        United States
                        Member #1701
                        June 18, 2003
                        8364 Posts
                        Posted: August 31, 2007, 2:29 pm - IP Logged

Changing your email address does nothing more that change you email address. every PC has an ip address and no matter who's on line with whatever screen name that ip address is how people can find you. Your PC's ip address is unique to your PC.

Now as for the feds and there tracking of people there are two places that track every email, phone, cell phone any communications that can be tracked one place is in Md and the other is in Canada. These devises only search for keywords that may or not involve terrorism, drug activity's and things of this nature. I doubt they are tracking gambling activity but they may if the sites are under investigation for laundering money or are connected to alkida, racketeering etc.  

People aren't actually listening to your conversations and communications but their equipment is and when that equipment comes across something suspicious it logs the communication for further review. Everything about this was done a few times on 60 minutes and 20/20

Brazil
                          Member #51781
                          April 24, 2007
                          384 Posts
                          Posted: September 5, 2007, 5:10 am - IP Logged

Are you sure?

Maybe some people should rethink their values ...