Welcome Guest
You last visited December 2, 2016, 11:40 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Powerball Advertising

Topic closed. 17 replies. Last post 9 years ago by KY Floyd.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
mid-Ohio
United States
Member #9
March 24, 2001
19816 Posts
Posted: August 25, 2007, 1:19 pm - IP Logged

all over national,and local news.so big,i think they should give out one million dollars to 300 winners,but they will not!

Years ago a group talked Ohio into a similar idea which nearly ruined its lottery.  Ohio is just now recovering from it after adding MegaMillions to its game.

Years ago when Ohio had some of the biggest jackpots in the area $30M to $60M and people from outer state would travel to Ohio to play, they put a cap of $20M ($10M cash) that one ticket could win so there would be plenty left for the next winners and people stopped playing.  Ohio advertised $60M jackpots but everyone knew that it was for show and no one could really collect it so they stopped playing.

If PB only paid $1M with odds of 1:145M, it's wouldn't make sense for any one to play when there are local games with $5M jackpots and odds 1:20M or better.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

United States
    Member #9579
    December 12, 2004
    2121 Posts
    Posted: August 25, 2007, 1:46 pm - IP Logged

oh no,i've already forgot years ago,guess cuz i was in the military.wished i'd only spent 8 dollars on drawing.

NY
      United States
      Member #23835
      October 16, 2005
      3471 Posts
      Posted: August 25, 2007, 5:04 pm - IP Logged

I use to think TV station did live remotes to inform the public about new products and services that thought they should know about.  Then I found out many times they are really advertisements being treated like news.

A good rule of thumb is that the media never does anything because it's in the public interest. If it didn't serve the media's interest you probably wouldn't be seeing it. How often have you seen a news "brief" that reads something along the lines of "Important medical news that could save your life. Details at 11."  They hear that a plane might have crashed and they have to interrupt a show to beat the other networks, but news that could save your life has to wait until the regular broadcast. Call me a cynic, but I don't think it's us they're worrying about.