Welcome Guest
You last visited December 7, 2016, 3:49 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

$400,000,000 Threshold

Topic closed. 27 replies. Last post 9 years ago by Down.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink

Will Either Powerball or MegaMillions reach $400M

Powerball Will [ 15 ]  [29.41%]
MegaMillion Will [ 12 ]  [23.53%]
Neither Will [ 24 ]  [47.06%]
Total Valid Votes [ 51 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 3 ]  
computerhead723's avatar - lightbulb
Buffalo
United States
Member #54397
August 17, 2007
245 Posts
Posted: August 26, 2007, 2:51 am - IP Logged

I voted neither--- the frenzy is on now people who have never bought a ticket before will be buying tickets from now till the pot is won. people who usually wait till the pot reaches 200 million or better jump in the game. At each rollover from this point forward till the pot is won tickets sale will increase expediently.

As more tickets are sold the likely hood it will be won draws nearer.

I Agree!Banana

100%  correct....this  week  the  pot  will  be  aprox.  237 million  and  snatched  up !! 

Guru101's avatar - rw6jhh
    Indiana
    United States
    Member #48725
    January 7, 2007
    1953 Posts
    Posted: August 26, 2007, 12:42 pm - IP Logged

BAMM!

sorry Garu101

Um, bamm? What are you 12? Get a grip. You spelled my name wrong too.No No

Gonna win.Big Smile

four4me's avatar - gate1
      MD
      United States
      Member #1701
      June 18, 2003
      8361 Posts
      Posted: August 26, 2007, 2:15 pm - IP Logged

Um, bamm? What are you 12? Get a grip. You spelled my name wrong too.No No

Guru!  No I'm not twelve! sorry i misspelled your name! was just a slip of the finger.

When it come to jackpots and i stated what i did in other post base on past performance of other jackpots that were won. You kept coming back with your opinions and that's your right.

BAMM it's won! you get over it. Jeeseeeeeeeee 

Big John says. You don't hit the number. The number hits you!!!!

I'm not Big John, I'm Four4me, Big John's a friend.
        Indiana
        United States
        Member #48725
        January 7, 2007
        1953 Posts
        Posted: August 26, 2007, 2:57 pm - IP Logged

Guru!  No I'm not twelve! sorry i misspelled your name! was just a slip of the finger.

When it come to jackpots and i stated what i did in other post base on past performance of other jackpots that were won. You kept coming back with your opinions and that's your right.

BAMM it's won! you get over it. Jeeseeeeeeeee 

You're mistaken. See, I'm was being laid back about whether or not someone would win. It's not so bad if someone wins. The thing is though, all I said was "You never know, it could end up rolling 3 more times". You comment trying to make it seem like I said "It's going to roll 3 more times". Your comment then gives the impression that you're saying "Ha ha! It was won Guru! You were wrong!". Dude please, I could care less that it was won, but for you to go and say "Sorry" as if I was supposedly wrong is simply childish. I didn't say it WAS going to roll 3 more times, I said it COULD roll 3 more times because sometimes things happen when you least expect them. That's all I said. So technically I wasn't wrong at all. Your comment came off as childish to me.

Gonna win.Big Smile

Indiana
          United States
          Member #48725
          January 7, 2007
          1953 Posts
          Posted: August 26, 2007, 3:47 pm - IP Logged

These were the last 3 jumps:

181-210=+29
          210-245=+35
          245-314=+69

You can see that when the jackpot is at 300+ the jump almost doubled than the previous one. 69 compared to 35. If no one won, it would have made it to $390M. Oh well, maybe it'll make it there this time. You never know.

Gonna win.Big Smile

four4me's avatar - gate1
            MD
            United States
            Member #1701
            June 18, 2003
            8361 Posts
            Posted: August 26, 2007, 5:56 pm - IP Logged

who cares man i was having a moment everyone on here is entitled to his her own position about things. When i posted sorry you should have said LOL and not call me childish. I'm in my late fifties and been there done that is getting older by the minute.

I'm over it. so should you be. Actually i wish PB hadn't  been won cause i would have driven the DC to buy tickets for the next draw. Now i can concentrate on mega which will also probably be won this week.

I'm intelligent enough to know that each and every drawing has an equal chance of being won regardless of the size of the jackpot. But when that pot reaches the 250 million dollar mark millions of people who never bought a ticket start buying tickets. And there are hundreds more who jump in lottery pools. etc etc. Sure this PB pot had a chance to roll but it didn't and i had a feeling it wouldn't, or i wouldn't have posted anything to the contrary.  

mylollipop's avatar - Trek STLOGO6.png

United States
              Member #24380
              October 21, 2005
              623 Posts
              Posted: August 27, 2007, 1:16 am - IP Logged

Competition from a "NEW" Lottery with better odds of winning would make the PB and MM finally roll up to at least $4000.  Until that day comes, nope, nope, nope, I do not think so.

United States
                Member #16612
                June 2, 2005
                3493 Posts
                Posted: August 30, 2007, 2:36 pm - IP Logged

My vote is MM because PB just captured a $314 million jackpot in the last week's Saturday draw. I hope MM rolls one more time until a jackpot winner will occur in the next draw.

spy153's avatar - maren

United States
                  Member #28409
                  December 15, 2005
                  1198 Posts
                  Posted: August 30, 2007, 3:41 pm - IP Logged

My vote is MM because PB just captured a $314 million jackpot in the last week's Saturday draw. I hope MM rolls one more time until a jackpot winner will occur in the next draw.

yep, just one more roll and it will be over the 400 million mark to make history!Party  Do  you think it will?

voir-vous dans mes reves!Cool

Grand Rapids, Michigan
                    United States
                    Member #53008
                    June 19, 2007
                    67 Posts
                    Posted: August 30, 2007, 3:57 pm - IP Logged

I'm just curious...why does everyone want the jackpot to hit the 400 million mark?  I mean seriously the Mega Millions is 325 million and after taxes my take home will be 135 million.  I don't need more than that.  I guess the only plus note would be if there were multiple winners if it went as high as 400 million then there would be more to spread around.

Indiana
                      United States
                      Member #48725
                      January 7, 2007
                      1953 Posts
                      Posted: August 30, 2007, 4:18 pm - IP Logged

I'm just curious...why does everyone want the jackpot to hit the 400 million mark?  I mean seriously the Mega Millions is 325 million and after taxes my take home will be 135 million.  I don't need more than that.  I guess the only plus note would be if there were multiple winners if it went as high as 400 million then there would be more to spread around.

It's because people want to see a jackpot reach the $400M mark. To me it doesn't really matter. I could care less whether or not it makes it to $400M, however it is pretty exciting to see such a large jackpot. Most people would probably be just as happy taking home(after taxes) $50M as they would $100M. Hell, even $25M for that matter. After all, most people play the lottery so they can retire. For those not looking to retire, they might be able to make use of the extra money, especially if they plan on starting their own business. Some people wish that these $300M+ jackpots would happen more often, but I seriously think they happen enough. We don't need that many $300M+ jackpots happening very often.

Gonna win.Big Smile

spy153's avatar - maren

United States
                        Member #28409
                        December 15, 2005
                        1198 Posts
                        Posted: August 31, 2007, 9:55 am - IP Logged

I want to be a part of history.  It's pretty simple, really.

voir-vous dans mes reves!Cool

Down's avatar - Sphere animated2.gif
                          Riverside, Ca
                          United States
                          Member #21722
                          September 14, 2005
                          173 Posts
                          Posted: August 31, 2007, 9:13 pm - IP Logged

I don't any lottery will ever get over $400 million. but if i ihad to say one i would put my money on MM.  But if you did win a big jackpot like $330-$400+ million, would you really be that happy?