Welcome Guest
You last visited January 17, 2017, 8:34 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

throwing it all away

Topic closed. 22 replies. Last post 9 years ago by awwcrap.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
gravette ar
United States
Member #54907
September 2, 2007
1 Posts
Posted: September 2, 2007, 10:28 am - IP Logged

ya know here it is i am a single dad on a job that pays 28,000 a yr with 1 little girl where i cant even make enough to buy a part of the american dream to own my own home for i have to rent and pay more than to buy and have a dream to where youy got people that win all this money !!! spending it like nothing i dont understand why people dont help other people i play the lotto to but have never won nothing in my life !!!! if i ever did win even if it was a 100,000 i would do my best to help people like me and others that can get help as they need not people who want hand outs im a persons who would pay back help if not in money then with my skills or hard work . i work hard to get what i can but when you dont make enough to get a loan for 25,000 0n land and a house and you see people throw that away a day thats real sad one can only keep hoping in getting a break !so to all you winners look at what others cant get and try to help thanks

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
    Zeta Reticuli Star System
    United States
    Member #30470
    January 17, 2006
    10390 Posts
    Posted: September 2, 2007, 1:29 pm - IP Logged

To all what winners? Who?

Somoene must have started some kind of rumor that has really created misconceptions about this site-

Is it a bunch of people, a large bunch of people, trying to figure out how to win, and what they'd do if they won? Yes indeed.

Is it a group of people who have all won jackpots? Hardly.

Pretty soon we're going to need a No Solicting rule.

Todd? 

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

Raven62's avatar - binary
      New Jersey
      United States
      Member #17843
      June 28, 2005
      51029 Posts
      Posted: September 2, 2007, 1:36 pm - IP Logged

Someone mentioned a website for people who need help: Anyone remember what it was?

A mind once stretched by a new idea never returns to its original dimensions!

United States
        Member #30470
        January 17, 2006
        10390 Posts
        Posted: September 2, 2007, 1:59 pm - IP Logged

Not too long ago someone posted one about creating your own solicitation e-mail, do you mean that one?

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

Raven62's avatar - binary
          New Jersey
          United States
          Member #17843
          June 28, 2005
          51029 Posts
          Posted: September 2, 2007, 2:38 pm - IP Logged

No not that one, this is the one I was thinking of:

http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/160612/878439

A mind once stretched by a new idea never returns to its original dimensions!

LANTERN's avatar - kilroy 28_173_reasonably_small.jpg
            Tx
            United States
            Member #4570
            May 4, 2004
            5180 Posts
            Posted: September 2, 2007, 2:41 pm - IP Logged

ya know here it is i am a single dad on a job that pays 28,000 a yr with 1 little girl where i cant even make enough to buy a part of the american dream to own my own home for i have to rent and pay more than to buy and have a dream to where youy got people that win all this money !!! spending it like nothing i dont understand why people dont help other people i play the lotto to but have never won nothing in my life !!!! if i ever did win even if it was a 100,000 i would do my best to help people like me and others that can get help as they need not people who want hand outs im a persons who would pay back help if not in money then with my skills or hard work . i work hard to get what i can but when you dont make enough to get a loan for 25,000 0n land and a house and you see people throw that away a day thats real sad one can only keep hoping in getting a break !so to all you winners look at what others cant get and try to help thanks

Asking people for money?

Be real, get a job or 2 or 3 or start you own phone sex HOT LINE

Help your own self, work harder and quit crying. 

Guitar                                 

BibleOnline  ParishesOnline  ChristianRadioOnline   MassOnline   Mass

"Ten measures of beauty descended to the world, nine were taken by Jerusalem."

rteague's avatar - Lottery-062.jpg
              North Carolina
              United States
              Member #54608
              August 24, 2007
              1181 Posts
              Posted: September 2, 2007, 2:51 pm - IP Logged

throwing it all away ?????  i'm just playing with left over change that's laying ALL over my dresser...and playing around predicting some numbers to see how well i would of done in other states...love the site...thanks

rt 

MillionsWanted's avatar - 24Qa6LT

Norway
                Member #9517
                December 10, 2004
                1279 Posts
                Posted: September 2, 2007, 3:02 pm - IP Logged

If you have come here because you think we're some kind of a lotto millionaire club you're wrong.

Where did you find out about this website?

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                  mid-Ohio
                  United States
                  Member #9
                  March 24, 2001
                  19894 Posts
                  Posted: September 2, 2007, 3:32 pm - IP Logged

If you're making $28K a yr living in Arkansas, you probably living as good or better than half the LP members so don't expect them to feel sorry for you or anybody else rather than spend some of their hard earned money on lottery tickets and dream about winning a jackpot.  I'll never understand where idiots like you get the ideas that other people owe you something because you can't afford everything you want in life. 

If you're poor, get use to living like you're poor or get a better job, that's what I did.

Guru101's avatar - rw6jhh
                    Indiana
                    United States
                    Member #48725
                    January 7, 2007
                    1958 Posts
                    Posted: September 2, 2007, 7:05 pm - IP Logged

I would say you have it a lot better than me. You probably have it better than a lot of other people too. Most people who are rich are rich because they took the extra steps to get there. Anybody can do it, even you can. It's really a matter of determination. Instead of complaining about not being rich, you need to become more ambitious. Maybe you can come up with an invention that you think a lot of people would like to use and patent it and then sell it. If you're a good cook, maybe you can come up with some sort of candy or dessert and sell it. If you're good with computers, for example if you're good with computer programming, maybe you could start your own software business. Take the knowledge you have and come up with a product or service that other people want. As far as the people winning the lottery, you need to understand that those people won simply because of pure LUCK. They didn't win because they're better than you, or because they deserved it more than you, or because they earned it, or any other reason. The only reason for them winning is luck. It only takes 1 ticket to win. You never know who it might be who will win. It might be you, but it might not.

Gonna win.Big Smile

rteague's avatar - Lottery-062.jpg
                      North Carolina
                      United States
                      Member #54608
                      August 24, 2007
                      1181 Posts
                      Posted: September 2, 2007, 7:09 pm - IP Logged

wow Guru...very well said !!!

justxploring's avatar - villiarna
                        Wandering Aimlessly
                        United States
                        Member #25360
                        November 5, 2005
                        4461 Posts
                        Posted: September 2, 2007, 7:13 pm - IP Logged

Someone mentioned a website for people who need help: Anyone remember what it was?

www.cyberbeg.com

"....25,000 0n land and a house and you see people throw that away a day "

Who spends $25,000 a day on the lottery?

dphillips's avatar - littleuns
                          Albuquerque, New Mexico
                          United States
                          Member #5128
                          June 18, 2004
                          377 Posts
                          Posted: September 2, 2007, 8:01 pm - IP Logged

Hey, as the commercial goes:"life comes at you fast!" While you're complaining, life (time) is passing you by. Sir, you willnever see this day again or this year. My motto is:"you make your bed, you lie in it!" [Oh, by the way, do not hold other persons (including family), accountable for the mistakes you made.]

Sure, there are the lucky (who deserve their windfalls) and the not-so-lucky. However, the lucky lottery winners we hear about...such as the rapist who won the lottery, or...the winner (Edwards) who squandered his winnings, or...the West Virginia Christmas Eve multimillionaire (whom we dare to speak his name), are the exceptions -- rather than the rule.

Yes, there are winners who make positive contributions to themselves, their families, and to their communities. Of course, the media are not interested in those tawdry details that will give someone hope.

Finally, do not base your lottery destiny on the above few who were misguided by the winds of fate: whose sails were cast adrift by their ignorance, greed, impatience, or complacency! Not all winners and would-be-winners will be damned in lottery purgatory, waiting for an absolution and a blessing from the haters!

As I have mentioned before, you will never know when your ship will arrive. In other words, keep the faith, stay healthy, play as often as financially possible, and be patient. I hope these words of comfort will sustain you.

See Ya!-- Bye, bye!  When you win, may you glow as brightly as theSun Smiley

Kingston, Ontario
                            Canada
                            Member #46867
                            October 5, 2006
                            106 Posts
                            Posted: September 2, 2007, 8:18 pm - IP Logged

My observation is that its like bingo... nobody ever comments on how much you lose, but they certain take attention when you win.  If they day arrives where one of us members wins something good, you'd hope you could just get the thousands of dollars you spent into winning it back.  You'd be lucky to just help yourself, and if you can helps others good, but to recover the cost of what you play is luck enough.   

"Together We're Making Good Things Happen,  Ontario's Lotteries...WE ALL WIN"

United States
                              Member #30470
                              January 17, 2006
                              10390 Posts
                              Posted: September 3, 2007, 12:16 am - IP Logged

Anybody remember the movie California Split or California Suite with Elliot Gould?

He and another friend are gamblers and hit a cold streak where they can't win a bet......then they go to the track and hit a few ponies.

When they get out to their car in the parking lot, there's a stick up man. Elliot Gould looks at his friend and says, "You believe this, finally win a bet and now this." Then he looks at the guy and counts out $500 and says, "Get out of here." 

Lep