Welcome Guest
You last visited December 2, 2016, 12:53 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Ever Voided a Winning Ticket

Topic closed. 28 replies. Last post 9 years ago by Yukio.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
tweetietoo's avatar - lady narrisa.png
Georgia
United States
Member #18517
July 13, 2005
1256 Posts
Posted: September 4, 2007, 10:56 am - IP Logged

If you paid attention to my Mega Millions Picks you will see that I got 3+1.

(On my pay slip  that I played  for fridays drawing I had all  the      number's and the mega ball!!

I play tickets for my office and needed a certain amount. When I went to the store I had the play slip with all five sections marked. As I was standing in line I noticed that I only needed 7 more and I voided the last three on of the play slips.  The Winner !!!!!!!!!

Hard to image but very true and very depressing !!!! was not meant to be for me this time anyway!!!

LuckyLilly's avatar - savy chick.png

United States
    Member #50124
    February 26, 2007
    601 Posts
    Posted: September 4, 2007, 11:29 am - IP Logged

Whoa, bummer!  That's $150, right?  Crying

Georgia
      United States
      Member #18517
      July 13, 2005
      1256 Posts
      Posted: September 4, 2007, 11:37 am - IP Logged

Whoa, bummer!  That's $150, right?  Crying

Yeah $150 when it could have been at least 40 million Bang Head

Coastal Georgia
        United States
        Member #2653
        October 30, 2003
        1866 Posts
        Posted: September 4, 2007, 11:56 am - IP Logged

(On my pay slip  that I played  for fridays drawing I had all  the      number's and the mega ball!!

I play tickets for my office and needed a certain amount. When I went to the store I had the play slip with all five sections marked. As I was standing in line I noticed that I only needed 7 more and I voided the last three on of the play slips.  The Winner !!!!!!!!!

Hard to image but very true and very depressing !!!! was not meant to be for me this time anyway!!!

Are you saying that you had 8 18 22 40 44 + 11  and voided it ?

United States
          Member #50124
          February 26, 2007
          601 Posts
          Posted: September 4, 2007, 12:05 pm - IP Logged

I was reading it as she voided the 3 + 1.  If it was THE winner, that was beyond a bummer!

Greenwich, CT
            United States
            Member #4793
            May 24, 2004
            1822 Posts
            Posted: September 4, 2007, 12:27 pm - IP Logged

Owww.  owww.  Does your pool know about this?  Maybe don't tell them!  Smile

Georgia
              United States
              Member #18517
              July 13, 2005
              1256 Posts
              Posted: September 4, 2007, 12:50 pm - IP Logged

Yes that  is what I'm saying !!!  I fill out my own slip's and I use my childrens b-day etc. And when I seen the drawing I almost past out ...Then realized I voided those. I have scanned My voided ticket and my winning tickets just to show my co-workers... So they could hang me !!!!!It just was not meant to be

United States
                Member #50124
                February 26, 2007
                601 Posts
                Posted: September 4, 2007, 1:05 pm - IP Logged

Yes that  is what I'm saying !!!  I fill out my own slip's and I use my childrens b-day etc. And when I seen the drawing I almost past out ...Then realized I voided those. I have scanned My voided ticket and my winning tickets just to show my co-workers... So they could hang me !!!!!It just was not meant to be

I'm so sorry!  I'd be Pukeright now if I were you.  And that's why I ALWAYS play my "regular" numbers, cuz I know the one time I didn't, they'd show.

TheGameGrl's avatar - character catafly.jpg
                  A long and winding road
                  United States
                  Member #17084
                  June 10, 2005
                  4521 Posts
                  Posted: September 4, 2007, 1:07 pm - IP Logged

Double ouch on that situation. ...

Recently I bought a five dollar ticket for a Cash5 $600,000 jackpot. The clerk never changed the tape and the ticket itself came out blurred and blackened beyond readability. I told her to void it and she replied, I cant! The bottom series  lot number is still readable, so just come back and it will tell you if its a winner. That night it hit! For 18 hours I had to wait to see if I was the lucky winner, I go back the next day and the store manager said "sorry but because this ticket doesnt read correctly we cant tell if you won or not" . I explained my situation and his reply was, WEll you should have had her void it! To this day I refuse to leave a store where the ticket is unreadable. I still think I hit ( good ole positive thinking), but the reality is...I'll never know.

~~Is it true, Is it kind,Is it necessary. ~~~

Thanks be to the giving numbers: 1621,912,119 02014

Coastal Georgia
                    United States
                    Member #2653
                    October 30, 2003
                    1866 Posts
                    Posted: September 4, 2007, 1:09 pm - IP Logged

Bang Head  ThudPuke

Guru101's avatar - rw6jhh
                      Indiana
                      United States
                      Member #48725
                      January 7, 2007
                      1953 Posts
                      Posted: September 4, 2007, 1:39 pm - IP Logged

As I was standing in line I noticed that I only needed 7 more and I voided the last three on of the play slips.

I'm having a hard time figuring out what that sentence means. Don't you just fill out the numbers in each section and hand them to the clerk?

Gonna win.Big Smile

Georgia
                        United States
                        Member #18517
                        July 13, 2005
                        1256 Posts
                        Posted: September 4, 2007, 1:49 pm - IP Logged

As I was standing in line I noticed that I only needed 7 more and I voided the last three on of the play slips.

I'm having a hard time figuring out what that sentence means. Don't you just fill out the numbers in each section and hand them to the clerk?

I had to buy 32 tickets for the Mega, I had 25 tickets that I had purchased earlier that day. I needed only 7 more tickets. I had 2 playslips filled out (10) Tickets. When I was standing in line...I noticed that ... So I voided out (3) of the (10) left me with the (7) that I needed.  The one voided was the Winning One !!!

Just So you know there would have been

5 winners

If this does not explain it better I'm sorry I just felt Like I needed to share that..

four4me's avatar - gate1
                          MD
                          United States
                          Member #1701
                          June 18, 2003
                          8358 Posts
                          Posted: September 4, 2007, 1:56 pm - IP Logged

When Maryland had a lottery style game not multi match i transposed 2 numbers from one ticket and put them on another ticket because i had to many of the same numbers on my tickets. this was a big mistake the 2 numbers i took off of one ticket and put on another were the #'s i needed to win...if i had let them alone i would have won 1,500,000.

Big John says. You don't hit the number. The number hits you!!!!

I'm not Big John, I'm Four4me, Big John's a friend.
                            Georgia
                            United States
                            Member #18517
                            July 13, 2005
                            1256 Posts
                            Posted: September 4, 2007, 1:57 pm - IP Logged

Double ouch on that situation. ...

Recently I bought a five dollar ticket for a Cash5 $600,000 jackpot. The clerk never changed the tape and the ticket itself came out blurred and blackened beyond readability. I told her to void it and she replied, I cant! The bottom series  lot number is still readable, so just come back and it will tell you if its a winner. That night it hit! For 18 hours I had to wait to see if I was the lucky winner, I go back the next day and the store manager said "sorry but because this ticket doesnt read correctly we cant tell if you won or not" . I explained my situation and his reply was, WEll you should have had her void it! To this day I refuse to leave a store where the ticket is unreadable. I still think I hit ( good ole positive thinking), but the reality is...I'll never know.

Yep I should have followed my own advice. I tell everyone if there in line and the clerk pulls the wrong ticket for somone or for yourself to always buy it.  Friend of mine was in the store and asked for $2 ticket the clerk  pulls off two by mistake asked if she only wanted one. She said yep . The guy behind gets it and Win's 30,000.00     

Guru101's avatar - rw6jhh
                              Indiana
                              United States
                              Member #48725
                              January 7, 2007
                              1953 Posts
                              Posted: September 4, 2007, 5:08 pm - IP Logged

Yep I should have followed my own advice. I tell everyone if there in line and the clerk pulls the wrong ticket for somone or for yourself to always buy it.  Friend of mine was in the store and asked for $2 ticket the clerk  pulls off two by mistake asked if she only wanted one. She said yep . The guy behind gets it and Win's 30,000.00     

Ya, I always buy tickets that were printed by accident. When the PowerBall was at $365M, I bought my $5 QPs. The clerk told me she had another ticket that she accidently printed and asked if I wanted to buy it, and I did. I didn't win the jackpot, but I'm sure if that had been the winning ticket, I would have been so happy that I bought it. Tickets printed by accident count!

Gonna win.Big Smile