Welcome Guest
You last visited December 7, 2016, 7:02 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Predictions

Topic closed. 26 replies. Last post 9 years ago by CCHS13.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink

Is it better to be a thread predictor or prediction board predictor

Thread Predictor [ 11 ]  [28.95%]
Prediction Board [ 27 ]  [71.05%]
Total Valid Votes [ 38 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 5 ]  
Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
Chief Bottle Washer
New Jersey
United States
Member #1
May 31, 2000
23267 Posts
Posted: September 5, 2007, 5:55 pm - IP Logged

For me it's the threads and for the same reason Black Apple stated, at least until I can get it more automated. There is a lot of paper shuffling, pinpointing pattern movements and "misfires"... I like that term. No matter how automated I get this system it will always be about looking back at the patterns, that's a lot of work for multiple states. I just don't think I'm fast enough or good enough yet.

Yes, it probably takes a few extra minutes, but I can't imagine anybody interested in tracking their progress being so concerned about a couple extra minutes that they would forgo the possibility of maintaining years of statistics and comparisons.

Let's say you spend an hour a day coming up with your numbers.  Are you telling me that taking 62 minutes instead of 60 minutes is a big deal?

In my opinion there are two main reasons that people don't like posting on the predictions board:

1. People who are worried about bad statistics, and,
  2. People who don't like technology, or have a fear of it.

If you fall into category #1, then don't be chicken.  Just do it.  Or tonight come to the computer armed with your favorite beverage, consume a lot of it.  That should get you over the hump.

If you are in #2, I have a harder time offering advice, because I have no frame of reference.  I am the type of person who lives to try different things, so I can't imagine what it's like to be so set in your ways that you force yourself to dislike something different.

Again, I agree that it is a little more effort to post on the prediction board.  But aren't I correct in assuming that every single daily lottery player in the world would like to track their stats? 

Here's another thing: even if it takes two extra minutes to post, don't you save a ton of time by not having to manually check your numbers after each drawing?  Lottery Post does EVERYTHING for you, including matching up your numbers, telling you what hit, the types of hits, prize amounts, etc.

This is nuts!

That's what makes me confident that it's one of the two things above.  It's not so difficult or time-consuming that a daily player would say, "It's not worth two extra minutes of my time, out of the two hours I spent coming up with numbers today, so that I can track my lifetime stats."

Check the State Lottery Report Card
What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
Help eliminate computerized drawings!

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
    mid-Ohio
    United States
    Member #9
    March 24, 2001
    19828 Posts
    Posted: September 5, 2007, 6:26 pm - IP Logged

Actually once your predictions are on your computer screen for any reason, it only take a few seconds to copy and paste them to the prediction board, but once you post them you lose that fudge factor when bragging about your past winnings because the facts and statistics are there for everyone to check.  And once your statistics go down, if you predict a lot, it can be hard to get them up again.  Posting statistics by life long average and latest yearly average and last 30 days does help

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

Dead_Aim's avatar - canstock2002989

United States
      Member #6363
      August 20, 2004
      4059 Posts
      Posted: September 5, 2007, 6:35 pm - IP Logged

There are several reason I seldom post to prediction board. One, if you do individual states it is more than a few minutes to put them in. I like to post mine for the week. In the forum that is done in one post. On the pb you can post them for the week but you can not change them if you hit the first night. Then you are stuck with a set of numbers for the next 4 days that may no longer apply. CCHS13, I assume that is where the different sets come into play, board vs. forum. In the forum that is an easy fix. You post a new set. Having to post a full hour ahead on the pb can cause problems too because of the different time zone across the country. Doing a lot of individual states on the pb is simply a lot more work and I commend the people that do theirs daily and keep up but I am not one of those people. Putting them in daily can be done but you go have to go thru the same ritual every day when it is just as easy to post them in the forum one time for the whole week and do nothing unless they hit.

Don't Chase... Compare and Narrow

The Cheaper the Cost the Higher the Profit

Many Winners to You.

D_A

Rocket 455's avatar - rocket
        Bellevue, KY
        United States
        Member #53340
        July 4, 2007
        2622 Posts
        Posted: September 5, 2007, 7:14 pm - IP Logged

Todd you're right... again lol.

I'm number 1... chicken that I'll suck bad at predicting right now.

As for number 2 I can build a computer with my eyes closed... a couple of weeks brush up on the new stuff and I could probably pass an A+ exam. Not MIT material but not afraid of new technology either... just afraid I'll suck lol.

I saved my vote until I had feedback... prediction board is where it's at.

I just thought of something.. I have cold spells that last like a week or more sometimes... I could just not post on the prediction boards during a cold snap <g>.

She was made for the straitaways
        She grew up hatin' Chevrolets
        She's a rocket
        She was made to burn. ~Kathy Mattea

rteague's avatar - Lottery-062.jpg
          North Carolina
          United States
          Member #54608
          August 24, 2007
          1181 Posts
          Posted: September 5, 2007, 8:21 pm - IP Logged

so i will understand the difference.....

a thread predictor is if i post them on the forum correct ??

a board predictor is when i post my predictions correct ??

i'm kind of gun shy about coming in a room or forum with my predictions after the thing that happened the other day about someone "stealing" someones system/numbers and i'm VERY new and didn't want someone to think if i put my predictions in the forum i was copying or "stealing",so i usually just post mine under post predictions

Bellevue, KY
            United States
            Member #53340
            July 4, 2007
            2622 Posts
            Posted: September 5, 2007, 8:24 pm - IP Logged

Shoot my picks change with the direction of the wind. Random never rests, that is IF random really exists. Yes I've got my favorite beverage in hand.

She's a rocket

four4me's avatar - gate1
              MD
              United States
              Member #1701
              June 18, 2003
              8361 Posts
              Posted: September 5, 2007, 8:25 pm - IP Logged

To post for every state individually takes time but preparation beforehand can make the job easier.

Especially time consuming is if you do paper workouts for every state midday and evening.

Now if you have tools such as software, excel, and so forth and can do individual workouts using it then copy and paste the results to individual states after you finish each workout. A real time saver.

Or you can do some serious checking make a good prediction list and post for all states and hope for the best there are probably 25 or more different ways to post predictions.

Creativity is a must when trying to cut time posting for individual states.

Bellevue, KY
                United States
                Member #53340
                July 4, 2007
                2622 Posts
                Posted: September 5, 2007, 8:44 pm - IP Logged

i'm kind of gun shy about coming in a room or forum with my predictions after the thing that happened the other day about someone "stealing" someones system/numbers and i'm VERY new and didn't want someone to think if i put my predictions in the forum i was copying or "stealing",so i usually just post mine under post predictions

Don't worry about it... don't look at their predictions before you post. You'll notice that you have some numbers in common and that's really cool. We all follow patterns and the numbers we come up with fall in those patterns. Every now and then I'll include someone elses numbers but I will make a note of it and give them props if it hits. It's a community thang man. LOL

She's a rocket

Bellevue, KY
                  United States
                  Member #53340
                  July 4, 2007
                  2622 Posts
                  Posted: September 5, 2007, 9:03 pm - IP Logged

See I can't do that just yet. I have to look back through hundreds of numbers finding matching pairs for sweet spot pairs where current numbers are falling from a list of recent relative numbers and visa versa... ahem. I think my method is tha shiz... When i've got my excel database complete I'll be set. I just need a crash course in excel coding. I hate coding, it's like trying to learn chinese and I don't speak chinese. I could do a sloppy job at it sure. And I'll probably start doing it soon lol. But it does take quite a bit of really deep concentration to pick out patterns just for one state... I'll get better though.

She's a rocket

four4me's avatar - gate1
                    MD
                    United States
                    Member #1701
                    June 18, 2003
                    8361 Posts
                    Posted: September 5, 2007, 11:40 pm - IP Logged

See I can't do that just yet. I have to look back through hundreds of numbers finding matching pairs for sweet spot pairs where current numbers are falling from a list of recent relative numbers and visa versa... ahem. I think my method is tha shiz... When i've got my excel database complete I'll be set. I just need a crash course in excel coding. I hate coding, it's like trying to learn chinese and I don't speak chinese. I could do a sloppy job at it sure. And I'll probably start doing it soon lol. But it does take quite a bit of really deep concentration to pick out patterns just for one state... I'll get better though.

we have all the tools you need here on lottery post did you use any of your free trials.

Mind i am not telling you to be a paid member but you would be amazed at what the tools Todd has on here can do to shorten your time finding pairs and any number of other factors.

Big John says. You don't hit the number. The number hits you!!!!

I'm not Big John, I'm Four4me, Big John's a friend.
                      Tenaj's avatar - michellea
                      Charlotte NC
                      United States
                      Member #17406
                      June 18, 2005
                      4053 Posts
                      Posted: September 6, 2007, 12:38 am - IP Logged

rteague, don't be gun shy about posting your predictions in threads.  People enjoy seeing predictions and reading the comments and additional information.  Post your numbers on the board freely.  People don't care even if you picked up a few numbers.  

Sometimes you might see a few numbers from other posters that you forgot about or like and add them to your predictions.  That's OK because that's what they are there for to use.  

Many times we are on the same page with numbers, so we will have a few alike numbers, but 99% of another's post in exact order is unusually.

But if you do copy an entire thread to elaborate on, make sure you give the orginal poster credit. 

We work hard for our bragging rights. 

takeemtothebank

CCHS13's avatar - chi jpeg.jpg
                        Illinois
                        United States
                        Member #46704
                        September 23, 2006
                        3692 Posts
                        Posted: September 9, 2007, 4:42 pm - IP Logged

I appreciate the comments and votes everyone, looks like the "Money Board" is the winner

Men Lie Women Lie Numbers Dont