Welcome Guest
You last visited December 5, 2016, 5:30 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

I can not figure this out

Topic closed. 8 replies. Last post 9 years ago by Dead_Aim.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Dead_Aim's avatar - canstock2002989

United States
Member #6363
August 20, 2004
4054 Posts
Posted: September 7, 2007, 3:04 pm - IP Logged

Let me start by saying I am mathematically challenged. That statement there will probably explain a lot but I can not wrap my head around the following. 

I was looking for a new (to me) way to filter numbers and I started counting the distance between the digits that come out in one drawing.

Here is an example.

Say the drawing was 7-4-2, using lottery math you take the first digit 7 and count up until you get to the second digit 4 getting a distance of 7. Then you take the 4 and count the distance between that and the 2, the answer being 8. Now take the last digit 2 and check the distance between that and the first digit 7 the distance being 5. The distance for all 3 digits being 7-8-5 which equals 20. This is the part I find strange. I did this for many combos and found that they all equaled a sum of 10 or 20. You get a 0 if you do it on a triple but all others are sums of 10 or 20.

Why? Why no variance in sums from 20 on down?

Don't Chase... Compare and Narrow

The Cheaper the Cost the Higher the Profit

Many Winners to You.

D_A

Ms. Pat's avatar - Lottery-032.jpg
    Fayetteville, Georgia
    United States
    Member #3593
    February 2, 2004
    2285 Posts
    Posted: September 7, 2007, 3:13 pm - IP Logged

Sorry D_A can't help with this one. I am mathematically challenged. Never was good at math......

Ms. Pat

United States
      Member #6363
      August 20, 2004
      4054 Posts
      Posted: September 7, 2007, 3:22 pm - IP Logged

Sorry D_A can't help with this one. I am mathematically challenged. Never was good at math......

Ms. Pat

Thank you Ms. Pat. I feel better knowing I am not the only one. Big Grin

Many Winners to You.

D_A

time*treat's avatar - radar

United States
        Member #13130
        March 30, 2005
        2171 Posts
        Posted: September 7, 2007, 3:22 pm - IP Logged

It took me a minute... here goes...

what you are doing is counting up from that first number (in this case 7), and then you go "up to" or "around" to your second number (doesn't matter what that number is, we'll come back to that in a min) then you go "up to" or "around" to your third number (doesn't matter what that number is either, we'll come back to that in a min too). Finally, you take your third number and go back "around" to your first number.

In a base 10 system, no matter how many times you go around, if you wind up in the same place, your "trip" must be some multiple of ten. 

I could explain by way of equations but you don't want that Wink

United States
          Member #6363
          August 20, 2004
          4054 Posts
          Posted: September 7, 2007, 3:36 pm - IP Logged

It took me a minute... here goes...

what you are doing is counting up from that first number (in this case 7), and then you go "up to" or "around" to your second number (doesn't matter what that number is, we'll come back to that in a min) then you go "up to" or "around" to your third number (doesn't matter what that number is either, we'll come back to that in a min too). Finally, you take your third number and go back "around" to your first number.

In a base 10 system, no matter how many times you go around, if you wind up in the same place, your "trip" must be some multiple of ten. 

I could explain by way of equations but you don't want that Wink

Ok. I think I understand what you are saying. So using the lottery math is the cause of all the combo sums being 10 or 20? I notice this only happens if you go sideways (for a lack of a better term) across a combo. If compared to the next drawing that comes out the sums vary like I expected.

Thanks.

Many Winners to You.

D_A

NY
            United States
            Member #23835
            October 16, 2005
            3474 Posts
            Posted: September 8, 2007, 10:19 am - IP Logged

As Time*Treat says, it's because you're always returning to where you started.  If you always return to your starting  place by the same route that "distance" is always the same. In this case you're always going back to the first number in groups of 10:

(0 1 2 3 4 5 6) 7  8 9 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 (8 9)

Let's look at it another way. Using your same numbers, imagine  doing the same thing with a clock. If you start at 7 AM it will be 9 hours until 4 PM, another 10 hours until 2 AM, and then 5 hours until 7 AM on the next day. Forget about the 4 and 2 for a moment and consider what you've done. You've gone a full day  from 7 AM on one day to 7 AM on the following day. A full day is always 24 hours so it will always take 24 hours to get from any given time on one day to the same time on the following day.

Depending on which digits come up  you may or may not have to "pass" zero in going from one to the next. If you don't have to pass zero, as with 247, the total will only be 10. With 742 you have to pass zero twice, so the total is 20. I'll leave it to you to see what happens with a triple.

United States
              Member #6363
              August 20, 2004
              4054 Posts
              Posted: September 8, 2007, 1:32 pm - IP Logged

As Time*Treat says, it's because you're always returning to where you started.  If you always return to your starting  place by the same route that "distance" is always the same. In this case you're always going back to the first number in groups of 10:

(0 1 2 3 4 5 6) 7  8 9 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 (8 9)

Let's look at it another way. Using your same numbers, imagine  doing the same thing with a clock. If you start at 7 AM it will be 9 hours until 4 PM, another 10 hours until 2 AM, and then 5 hours until 7 AM on the next day. Forget about the 4 and 2 for a moment and consider what you've done. You've gone a full day  from 7 AM on one day to 7 AM on the following day. A full day is always 24 hours so it will always take 24 hours to get from any given time on one day to the same time on the following day.

Depending on which digits come up  you may or may not have to "pass" zero in going from one to the next. If you don't have to pass zero, as with 247, the total will only be 10. With 742 you have to pass zero twice, so the total is 20. I'll leave it to you to see what happens with a triple.

That did it! Now I fully understand. Good explanation. Thank you.

Many Winners to You.

D_A

Tenaj's avatar - michellea
                Charlotte NC
                United States
                Member #17406
                June 18, 2005
                4053 Posts
                Posted: September 8, 2007, 2:27 pm - IP Logged

Let me start by saying I am mathematically challenged. That statement there will probably explain a lot but I can not wrap my head around the following. 

I was looking for a new (to me) way to filter numbers and I started counting the distance between the digits that come out in one drawing.

Here is an example.

Say the drawing was 7-4-2, using lottery math you take the first digit 7 and count up until you get to the second digit 4 getting a distance of 7. Then you take the 4 and count the distance between that and the 2, the answer being 8. Now take the last digit 2 and check the distance between that and the first digit 7 the distance being 5. The distance for all 3 digits being 7-8-5 which equals 20. This is the part I find strange. I did this for many combos and found that they all equaled a sum of 10 or 20. You get a 0 if you do it on a triple but all others are sums of 10 or 20.

Why? Why no variance in sums from 20 on down?

Smash

Dead_Aim

People use different definitions for Lottery Math but lottery enthusiasts as long as 1/2 a century ago used the plain and simple 111 Minus/123 Plus Rundown.  There is one thing to remember when doing Lottery Math is that you don't go outside the realm of 0-9 and the wrap...Meaning - no counting 11, 12, 13 etc.

Know that all numbers touch in 3 digit and 4 digit Lottery.   No one Rundown stand alone.  They all touch throughout the realm.....moving both vertically and horizontally. It's truly amazing.

If I were we do Lottery Math for the number 742 it will first be the original Rundown, and then the first position Rundowns that the number run off of throughout the realm of 000-999. 

The mirror is 297.  Yeah Mirrors came from this Rundown and so does V-Tracs.  An example of 742 running off the top left corner in the realm of 000-999 is Rundown 853. 

The Rundowns that hit the 4 corners are 853,865,629 and 631

Left Column

All three digits do the same thing.  Each digit minus down one until it returns to itself at the bottom.   

First digit minus1 down,

Second digit minus 1 down

Third digit minus 1 down

The right column is the Plus side.  It does a different thing with all three digits individually.  The first digit you do just like you did on the left side (move down one) - but plus instead of minus.  Remember you'll only plus one for the first digit on this side.  The second digit you plus two and the third digit you plus 3 and of course the number returns to itself. 

When moving down one from 0 - the next digit is 9 and when moving up one from 0 the next digit is 1.

First digit plus 1 down,

Second digit plus 2 down

Third digit plus 3 down

The shortcut to 742 Lottery Math is

Number 742 is a notorious repeater

takeemtothebank

United States
                  Member #6363
                  August 20, 2004
                  4054 Posts
                  Posted: September 8, 2007, 3:52 pm - IP Logged