Welcome Guest
You last visited December 3, 2016, 12:35 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Gail Howards free tips

Topic closed. 21 replies. Last post 9 years ago by bashley572.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
guesser's avatar - Lottery-017.jpg

United States
Member #41383
June 16, 2006
1969 Posts
Posted: October 12, 2007, 11:45 pm - IP Logged

But would an 'educated' lottery player choose those numbers ?

When we know most games are a 2/3 or a 3/2 ?

When we know most games have just TWO numbers from any one group ?

When we already know the tendencies of oh-so-many-more different things to look for or 'bet against' ?

Yeah, you can play 1-2-3 or 11-12-13-14, or whatever, but I'd be playing the 'typical' game of something like 21-22-24 or 31-33-38 or some combination of three numbers from any one group.  Actually, the odds are much greater when you pick one group of two numbers such as 4-6 or 17-19 or 22-23, 54-55, 38-39 - and there is even a trick to THOSE 'types' of combinations some of you may have noticed. 

time*treat's avatar - radar

United States
    Member #13130
    March 30, 2005
    2171 Posts
    Posted: October 13, 2007, 12:11 am - IP Logged

You are so right! Every draw has something you would have filtered it out for, like the above.  BobP

No doubt about what you and Badger are saying. It's mainly that some filtering has to be done to make a playable set within budget, and the oddball sets, while they do sometimes fall, are usually safe to eliminate. I am certain that many of us have come up with systems that while ultimately profitable (would have) required too many combinations to play at once .... sending us back to the question of what to filter out. 

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
      mid-Ohio
      United States
      Member #9
      March 24, 2001
      19816 Posts
      Posted: October 13, 2007, 12:21 am - IP Logged

But would an 'educated' lottery player choose those numbers ?

When we know most games are a 2/3 or a 3/2 ?

When we know most games have just TWO numbers from any one group ?

When we already know the tendencies of oh-so-many-more different things to look for or 'bet against' ?

Yeah, you can play 1-2-3 or 11-12-13-14, or whatever, but I'd be playing the 'typical' game of something like 21-22-24 or 31-33-38 or some combination of three numbers from any one group.  Actually, the odds are much greater when you pick one group of two numbers such as 4-6 or 17-19 or 22-23, 54-55, 38-39 - and there is even a trick to THOSE 'types' of combinations some of you may have noticed. 

What we really know is most combinations have 2 or 3 odds numbers, most games are won by QPs and less than 5% of all lottery tickets sold ever win anything but that doesn't mean if we buy more than 20 QPs with 2 or 3 odd numbers in each combination that at least one of the tickets will win something.

The fact that many jackpot roll several drawings or at best have only one winner mean a lot of "educated" lottery players aren't playing or their educations aren't helping them pick the winning combinations.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

guesser's avatar - Lottery-017.jpg

United States
        Member #41383
        June 16, 2006
        1969 Posts
        Posted: October 17, 2007, 12:52 am - IP Logged

True, but in order to win, you have to be in the hunt, be a bit closer, play what are 'better' choices.

Four consecutive is indeed very rare, and so is having four numbers from one group (in this case, 11 thru 20) - it's happened, but not enough for me to give it serious consideration.

For me, though, I'd still aim for the 'better odds' of two numbers from one group, a 2/3 or a 3/2, and other things like that. But that's just me. That doesn't mean I NEVER play 2 groups hitting, or three numbers from one group, but the odds simply are not there for me to play 4 from one group, let alone 4 consecutive numbers. 

time*treat's avatar - radar

United States
          Member #13130
          March 30, 2005
          2171 Posts
          Posted: October 19, 2007, 5:49 am - IP Logged

Seems to me, the smart thing to do is hunt where the game is. While it's true that the "strange" combos fall on occasion, making system filters wide enough to catch them also lets in a lot of junk. From a budget point of view, it's better to miss on a win because a filter was a bit too tight, than to lose because your filters are too loose to play all the numbers they generate (and the winner was in the part of the list you didn't play) Less expensive, too.

This is the same way companies (don't) hire. They'd rather risk letting a good candidate get away, than to hire the wrong person (and have to replace them later.)  

In neo-conned Amerika, bank robs you.
          Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms should be the name of a convenience store, not a govnoment agency.

bashley572's avatar - starwars14
            West Side of Sunny Florida
            United States
            Member #55048
            September 8, 2007
            3371 Posts
            Posted: October 19, 2007, 6:16 am - IP Logged

This has to be one of the better discussions I have seen as this is EXACATLY the kinda thinking I have.  I agree with the filter idea and it drives me nuts when you see things like NY's take 5 on 10/15 & 10/16 ALL OLD each day??? Anyone playing with a filter will have thrown an all old group out as they are very unlikely to hit.  Much less 2 times in a row!!! Or on 10/9 where 1-2-7-9-35 came out, 4 from one set?  I am now looking for 5 numbers from one group - 1 2 3 4 5 ...

Money won is twice as good as money earned!

bashley572's avatar - starwars14
              West Side of Sunny Florida
              United States
              Member #55048
              September 8, 2007
              3371 Posts
              Posted: October 19, 2007, 6:17 am - IP Logged

This has to be one of the better discussions I have seen as this is EXACATLY the kinda thinking I have.  I agree with the filter idea and it drives me nuts when you see things like NY's take 5 on 10/15 & 10/16 ALL OLD each day??? Anyone playing with a filter will have thrown an all old group out as they are very unlikely to hit.  Much less 2 times in a row!!! Or on 10/9 where 1-2-7-9-35 came out, 4 from one set?  I am now looking for 5 numbers from one group - 1 2 3 4 5 ...

Oh, yea and there were NO first place winners on 10/15 and 3 on 10/15 of which 2 were qp's ...

Money won is twice as good as money earned!