Welcome Guest
You last visited January 19, 2017, 1:37 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

I don't get it. Maybe Rude cashier?

Topic closed. 22 replies. Last post 9 years ago by sirbrad.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
Omniscient's avatar - Lottery-017.jpg
Florida
United States
Member #46570
September 14, 2006
558 Posts
Posted: October 9, 2007, 4:27 pm - IP Logged

Some funny posts here.  If the lottery was smart, they would make their daily game tickets print out 1 ticket with the 5 draws on it rather than 5 individual tickets so your not standing in line for 10 minutes playing a handful of tickets and not feeling so damn paranoid that people are looking at you. With the bzzz bzzz bzzz of each ticket being printed out. I think sales would go up if they did that. I personally dont mind waiting there for them to be printed out... but it is a pain none the less. There are all kinds of people out there who have nothing better to do that annoy you and can't mind their business. You just gotta deal with it. If they got the nerve to say something to you, then you need to attach back... none of this 'be nice' attitude! Go for the jugular figuratively, of course!! Embarass them back and give them a taste of their own medicine. A witty comeback is priceless! Sometimes your attacker can be a sweet little 90 year old lady who is set in her ways... then you gotta excercise a little patience... until you find out they were the one who backed up into your car in the parking lot !!! Here in FL..thats a common thing ... as they say here.. Home of the newlywed and nearly dead. I should be so lucky ! Doh!! ..but the weather is so nice!

See full size image                                               

Don't Play more, Play Smarter!

MADDOG10's avatar - smoke
    Beautiful Florida
    United States
    Member #5709
    July 18, 2004
    20235 Posts
    Posted: October 9, 2007, 4:41 pm - IP Logged

Well, I know the first two can kill you, But I don't believe I've ever heard of anyone dying for buying Lottery tickets..... Might make you broke but not dead.

Anyway, I would've have told the clerk to mind their own business. period....

" You can not control the Wind, but you can direct the Sail "

JackpotWanna's avatar - squiz

United States
      Member #4121
      March 23, 2004
      817 Posts
      Posted: October 9, 2007, 5:08 pm - IP Logged

A customer who purchase a keg of beer at $70.00 is ok.

A customer who purchase a carton of cigerettes at $40.00 is ok

But a customer who purchases $40 worth of Hoosier Lotto is insane and dumb. 

Yep, this is what happened to me today.

Don't worry about it.  If you win,  You will be partying!!!!

Kentucky
        United States
        Member #32652
        February 14, 2006
        7342 Posts
        Posted: October 9, 2007, 5:25 pm - IP Logged

Last night I waited in line for at least 10 minutes while a woman was renting a carpet cleaner. I guess she wanted to watch a movie while she was shampooing the carpet but she didn't have card so it took another couple of minutes to fill one out. Had it been somebody buying lottery tickets I'm sure there would have been some comments made.

I had 10 playslips plus 5 tickets to cash so the clerk looked at the line behind me and rolled her eyes. She wasn't rude to me but the guy behind me that tried to cash a third party while I was checking my tickets may have thought she was rude when she "no".

Most stores had lottery terminals for years so selling tickets should be the same as selling a tube of tooth paste, but there always seems to be one clerk that has a thing against the lottery or gambling in general and will go out of their way to be rude.

Some clerks are just plain rude so you might consider looking for another store to buy you lottery tickets.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
          mid-Ohio
          United States
          Member #9
          March 24, 2001
          19898 Posts
          Posted: October 9, 2007, 5:39 pm - IP Logged

Buy your lottery tickets at different places that way you won't get to know any of the clerks well enough to care what they think.  Also if you win big, you won't know any of them well enough to feel bad about not offering them a tip.& 

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

Kentucky
            United States
            Member #32652
            February 14, 2006
            7342 Posts
            Posted: October 9, 2007, 5:39 pm - IP Logged

It's not only lottery tickets.  People are always into other people's business, don't you agree?  The other day a man began commenting on the contents of my wallet.  (can you believe that?) He obviously mistook my various cards (driver's license, library card, AAA card, Blockbuster card, etc.) for credit cards, not that it should matter to him, and said "Lady, if I were your husband, blah, blah."  I said "Sir, if you were my husband, I'd have run off with another man a long time ago."  I've also been in line and someone's made a comment about my grocery purchases!  "Why are buying low fat yogurt and waffles?"  I'm not mean, so I just smile, but I want to respond "and why aren't you ashamed to leave the house looking like a slob?"

" People are always into other people's business, don't you agree?"

Yeah, it's almost like they passed a law requiring total strangers to make comments about our spending habits, the clothes we wear, our cars, or how somebody orders their steak.

ConstantlyB's avatar - chi
              Wilson
              United States
              Member #54516
              August 21, 2007
              2802 Posts
              Posted: October 9, 2007, 7:50 pm - IP Logged

Buy your lottery tickets at different places that way you won't get to know any of the clerks well enough to care what they think.  Also if you win big, you won't know any of them well enough to feel bad about not offering them a tip.& 

I love the sound of this idea......good thinking. Screw the cashier....that's their job.

It can be their mantra on  lottery night, "Just doing my job....just doing my job...smile  and be courteous....just doing my job...just doing my job."

Because if I get one that's not being courteous...heck they ain't even got to smile....I'll tell them

"Just do your job...just do your job...or get another one...just do your job"

"MAKE THAT MONEY YA'LL"

wisdom from Tyler Perry's Madea:"It doesn't matter what people call you....it's what you answer to."

sirbrad's avatar - Lottery-062.jpg
                PA
                United States
                Member #22983
                October 6, 2005
                2226 Posts
                Posted: October 9, 2007, 10:29 pm - IP Logged

Some clerks are just idiots playing the role of clerk. I was a clerk a few times, and if someone hit I would not expect a dime. I was there to do my job and sell the tickets, not harrass winner of the lottery. Their tip ain't going to do squat for me anyway. only my winning ticket will do that.