Welcome Guest
You last visited January 24, 2017, 2:09 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

The prediction software you've been waiting for?

Topic closed. 47 replies. Last post 9 years ago by time*treat.

Page 2 of 4
PrintE-mailLink
Central, Florida
United States
Member #4202
March 30, 2004
38 Posts
Posted: October 21, 2007, 7:30 pm - IP Logged

Commodore 64

Wow, did you bring up some memories.

I bought one of those in 1983, thinking this would help me beat the daily game. I acquired every lottery program available for it. Then created about 2 or 3 dozen programs of my own. 

I sold that computer in 2003. It was still working, but I felt sooner or later one of the components would fail.

Still haven't found a system, that will make me happy.

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
    Chief Bottle Washer
    New Jersey
    United States
    Member #1
    May 31, 2000
    23356 Posts
    Posted: October 21, 2007, 7:51 pm - IP Logged

Well, the 2.5K of RAM in my VIC-20 could even predict the Pick 3, let alone my C64! Big Grin

Check the State Lottery Report Card
    What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
    Help eliminate computerized drawings!

Honduras
      Member #20982
      August 29, 2005
      4715 Posts
      Posted: October 22, 2007, 12:32 am - IP Logged

it will be more in their best interest if they invent a computer that can track voice patterns and all of that...

I still don't understand why they will spend more money trying to predict everything with the earth simulator (the Earth basically) and less on something that will predict absolutely everything, when predicting absolutely everything is more complex than the job the Earth Simulator has...

In using a computer to predict the lottery, i believe two things....YOu could use a computer and try to predict pick5/39 with some success and pick6/42 with some success, not all the time though...I believe this is thanks to something beautiful TNtea invented and that's the OEOEOO Types (for pick6/42) (i'll never forget that)...The other (pick5/39) has to do with the way i've seen LP predictors get really close to hitting pick5/39 with their predictions (i'll never forget that too)....Going beyond Pick6/42 is when the spaceship starts shaking up...You can bet that on Powerball the spaceship will be shaking up uncontrollably...

About a supercomputer predicting PIck3...I don't think a supercomputer can predict pick3 and be successfull or make money off of it...If someone could it will have to be a human...Is just that pick3 is too complex...Will like to add that i think that Pick3's that play once a day are just a little bit easier than pick3's that play twice a day (evening/midday)...The only way a supercomputer could be successfull with pick3 (i am talking about the supercomputer hitting it 5 out of 10 times) and the only way i can think a supercomputer can beat pick3 is if they took the dimensions off the PIck3 hopper/basket and they simulated it on a supercomputer and that's really stretching my imagination...Again a supercomputer will have to have SO MUCH POWER, more power than what they currently have and advancement in certain areas of PHYSICS (at its application to computer models) will have to be made for the computer to win everytime at Pick3 (again that's really stretching my imagination)....

But as it is right now i doubt that the most powerful supercomputer could beat pick3, maybe a human and that's maybe...If pick3 was played 3 times a week and was prized accordingly then maybe there could be a chance....I honestly don't think pick3 can be beat...The only way (and that's maybe) i say you can come up ahead of pick3 is to have a group of 10 or 20 numbers and be CERTAIN that those numbers are going to play and then betting 50 or 100 dollars on them: that way your wins exceed your loses and you really cash in and you can loose for a very long time...And you must not bet everyday either but on certain ocassions..."BET SPECIALLY ON THE DOUBLES" I mean bet specially when you are certain a double is comming....

How many of you have seen the movie "Saving Private Ryan" imagine been on that movie for real...That's how i view pick3..I view pick3 like a war, a continous war where we constantly lose but we must not give up...I view Keno and Powerball as the movie "Predator 1"....

"The Truth is Out There".              from movie "The X-Files"....

time*treat's avatar - radar

United States
        Member #13130
        March 30, 2005
        2171 Posts
        Posted: October 22, 2007, 12:50 am - IP Logged

I still don't understand why they will spend more money trying to predict everything with the earth simulator (the Earth basically) and less on something that will predict absolutely everything, when predicting absolutely everything is more complex than the job the Earth Simulator has...

They are not predicting "everything", the software goal is to predict group behavior (a finite set of actions) under various "civil unrest" circumstances (varied, but still finite). The full article explains this...

"The software will predict the actions of paramilitary groups, ethnic factions, terrorists and criminal groups, while aiding commanders in devising strategies for stabilizing areas before, during and after conflicts."

They are putting into code, what has been written about in "mass psychology" books since Freud.  

In neo-conned Amerika, bank robs you.
        Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms should be the name of a convenience store, not a govnoment agency.

Honduras
          Member #20982
          August 29, 2005
          4715 Posts
          Posted: October 22, 2007, 12:52 am - IP Logged

And i'll want to know the secret to beating PIck3 and Pick4 more than the secret to win Powerball or Pick6/49....(Unless it was 200 million, because then i could use it to try and lobby governments around the world into putting an easier pick3 and Pick4)....I know you are going to say that's impossible but if you can change a game from a regular pick4 into Massachussett's Number game (at least) or you can implement it, or you can create a lotto like W. Virginia Cash25, then i'll be happy....

"The Truth is OUt There"                   from movie "The X-Files"

four4me's avatar - gate1
            MD
            United States
            Member #1701
            June 18, 2003
            8396 Posts
            Posted: October 22, 2007, 1:04 am - IP Logged

And i'll want to know the secret to beating PIck3 and Pick4 more than the secret to win Powerball or Pick6/49....(Unless it was 200 million, because then i could use it to try and lobby governments around the world into putting an easier pick3 and Pick4)....I know you are going to say that's impossible but if you can change a game from a regular pick4 into Massachussett's Number game (at least) or you can implement it, or you can create a lotto like W. Virginia Cash25, then i'll be happy....

"The Truth is OUt There"                   from movie "The X-Files"

Massachusetts only has one pick 4 drawing and no pick 3 draws their game is set up like that because there state wants it like that.

the rest of the states pay outs are fairly standardized. You can lobby all you want but the payouts are structured they way they are because it brakes down mathematically with the odds. Why would they make the odds in the favor of the players.

Big John says. You don't hit the number. The number hits you!!!!

I'm not Big John, I'm Four4me, Big John's a friend.
              Omniscient's avatar - Lottery-017.jpg
              Florida
              United States
              Member #46570
              September 14, 2006
              558 Posts
              Posted: October 22, 2007, 11:54 am - IP Logged

Computing power is not the issue in prediction. I believe the technology is avalable for heavy number crunching. It's the software that's responsible for determining the outcome. You have to ask yourself ... Does past draw outcomes determine future results? ... Do past patterns and trends dictate better future results more often than not?

I used to have two(2) charts (1 for pick3 and one for pick 4) that I created with all past draws to determine a trend or pattern for picking the next days number. The experiment was a failure and after 4 months, I stopped doing it. Past random numbers do not dictate future random picked numbers... and that's what most systems work on; Past trends.

I'm sure a profitable system could be created by making a formula in Excel and if done right, could be profitable based on say, the past months draws at any given time if it could be done. But how do you predict randomness ??

See full size image                                               

Don't Play more, Play Smarter!

Honduras
                Member #20982
                August 29, 2005
                4715 Posts
                Posted: October 22, 2007, 4:01 pm - IP Logged

This is something crazy but the same destructive force wild fires can have in California the same geniusness supercomputer will have to be able to beat Pick6/42 with TNTea's OHOOHO type..I say this because wild fire can do some stuff i don't believe they can yet they do it, like crumble a house and burn a car...But what i am trying to get is the physics of the wild wire how they can spread...I think of them as ants, the power ants can have...These are things we pay very little attention to yet they can be powerful...I think the same scenario is going to happen to a supercomputer...The same power supercomputers will have on predicting lotto numbers is similar to the physics of fire and ants but with the power of  TNTea's OOHHOH types....Something tells me this is going to happen in the future...

"The Truth is Out There"            from movie "The X-Files"

Florida
                  United States
                  Member #46570
                  September 14, 2006
                  558 Posts
                  Posted: October 25, 2007, 1:26 pm - IP Logged

This is something crazy but the same destructive force wild fires can have in California the same geniusness supercomputer will have to be able to beat Pick6/42 with TNTea's OHOOHO type..I say this because wild fire can do some stuff i don't believe they can yet they do it, like crumble a house and burn a car...But what i am trying to get is the physics of the wild wire how they can spread...I think of them as ants, the power ants can have...These are things we pay very little attention to yet they can be powerful...I think the same scenario is going to happen to a supercomputer...The same power supercomputers will have on predicting lotto numbers is similar to the physics of fire and ants but with the power of  TNTea's OOHHOH types....Something tells me this is going to happen in the future...

What do you mean by OOHHOH types? What is OOHHOH ?

See full size image                                               

NASHVILLE, TENN
                    United States
                    Member #33372
                    February 20, 2006
                    1044 Posts
                    Posted: October 25, 2007, 8:57 pm - IP Logged

Computing power is not the issue in prediction. I believe the technology is avalable for heavy number crunching. It's the software that's responsible for determining the outcome. You have to ask yourself ... Does past draw outcomes determine future results? ... Do past patterns and trends dictate better future results more often than not?

I used to have two(2) charts (1 for pick3 and one for pick 4) that I created with all past draws to determine a trend or pattern for picking the next days number. The experiment was a failure and after 4 months, I stopped doing it. Past random numbers do not dictate future random picked numbers... and that's what most systems work on; Past trends.

I'm sure a profitable system could be created by making a formula in Excel and if done right, could be profitable based on say, the past months draws at any given time if it could be done. But how do you predict randomness ??

I understand why people would state that past draws have no influence on future draws.  One would have to throw logic and sane reasoning out the window to think otherwise.

However, what other choice do we, the lottory insane, have?  What else might we use as a basis for picking "our numbers"?

I firmly believe (with no proof ) that past draws, while not influencing future draws, does give a picture of what has happened.  And what has happened will happen again.  The key is bridging that expanse of water between what has happened and what will happen again.  Build that bridge and you can forget about a better mouse trap; the world will beat a path to your door, trample your flower garden, uproot your shrubbery, kick in your front door, ransack your computer, and hold you hostage.

This is just my narrow-minded, humble, arrogant, insipid, yet extremely sagacious opinion. 

Honduras
                      Member #20982
                      August 29, 2005
                      4715 Posts
                      Posted: October 25, 2007, 10:29 pm - IP Logged

What do you mean by OOHHOH types? What is OOHHOH ?

My Bad is a mistake, is suppose to be OEOEEOE types (or odd,even,odd,even,even,odd,even)...I confused it with OOHHOH...OOHHOH is nothing.....However OEOEEOE is a way of looking at the draws.... 

Is a way of looking at the draws...It was originated from a post titled: "Pick5/39 Schooling" by TnTea:

http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/142913

You have to read all 18 pages of it to understand it...Not only can they make it with OEOEEOE types, but they can make it with 2-1-2 types...You have to read all 18 pages of the post to understand it...

example of EEOEOO types:

2-12-17-23-33-41 would be EEOOOO

5-11-14-22-28-35 would be OOEEEO

BobP's avatar - bobp avatar.png
                        Dump Water Florida
                        United States
                        Member #380
                        June 5, 2002
                        3114 Posts
                        Posted: October 26, 2007, 2:55 am - IP Logged

All a computer can do is mine data. If you don't know how to predict the winning lottery numbers there is no way you can program a computer to predict winning lottery numbers.  It is possible to extrapolate data into the future and to follow possible paths like one of those select your own adventure books where at the end of each page is three turn to page # choices each of which continues the story a different way.  In effect the path choices become a lottery of sorts the deeper you go.  3x3x3x3x3 etc. I predict the computer will generate an endless series of predictions and when one comes true by random happenstance the prof will declare success.  It might help to keep in mind the lottery numbers are not a measurement of anything, the 3 isn't less then the 9, the 23 ball is no more odd then the 32 ball,  etc. There isn't anything for the computer to weigh in making a prediction decision.  BobP

LANTERN's avatar - kilroy 28_173_reasonably_small.jpg
                          Tx
                          United States
                          Member #4570
                          May 4, 2004
                          5180 Posts
                          Posted: October 26, 2007, 3:34 am - IP Logged

All a computer can do is mine data. If you don't know how to predict the winning lottery numbers there is no way you can program a computer to predict winning lottery numbers.  It is possible to extrapolate data into the future and to follow possible paths like one of those select your own adventure books where at the end of each page is three turn to page # choices each of which continues the story a different way.  In effect the path choices become a lottery of sorts the deeper you go.  3x3x3x3x3 etc. I predict the computer will generate an endless series of predictions and when one comes true by random happenstance the prof will declare success.  It might help to keep in mind the lottery numbers are not a measurement of anything, the 3 isn't less then the 9, the 23 ball is no more odd then the 32 ball,  etc. There isn't anything for the computer to weigh in making a prediction decision.  BobP

Yes, a person must know about prediction before he can program a computer to make them, that is why many programs that predict don't do it right, as their programmer does not know how, as I said, a supercomputer can't help with-out the right prediction logic.

Programmers, there are many, good predictors, not too many of them. 

Florida
                            United States
                            Member #46570
                            September 14, 2006
                            558 Posts
                            Posted: October 26, 2007, 11:44 am - IP Logged

What, in anyones opinion, is the best predition software out there to pick the pick 3 and 4's ? or even 5 and 6 #'s ? I've tried Lotto Buster, Lotto Pro 2007 and Lotto Cheatah to name a few, but nothing to date has really worked too well except for wheeling my own numbers based on the past few weeks draws .Unhappy I have only won 1 straight hit ever playing pick 3's and an occasional boxed hit here and there, but nothing worth noting. Been looking at alot of posts regarding vtracts, but not hitting with that at all. What works well for most of you all ?

See full size image                                               

LANTERN's avatar - kilroy 28_173_reasonably_small.jpg
                              Tx
                              United States
                              Member #4570
                              May 4, 2004
                              5180 Posts
                              Posted: October 26, 2007, 1:05 pm - IP Logged

Software to predict the unpredictable to be developed

Will perhaps be never released to the public, but you can only hope.

The prediction software that I have been waiting for, nobody wants to build it.

Programmers want to do their own thing and their thing is not winning as they don't know how to.

If they would do as people who do know asks them to, then maybe we would have the software that we have been waiting for.

The very few programs that have been made based on some of my posts are only borderline good or at best half good, because the programmers wanted to do their own thing or things in their own way and What do they know about prediction? Not very much really, not enough anyway.

They wanted to make something easy and quick some to sell and the others to give away, such programs were not even close to what they should had been, some worse and some better, but none not even close to being right, good enough for their programmers, but not good enough for prediction and not good enough for me either.

Programmers always want to do their own thing as if they know how to predict, well, at least what they have done is very much better than nothing, the programs do help some, but not enough, not even as tools and of course they can't predict the numbers as their programmers can't either and they won't listen to those who do.

Also, prediction research would very greatly be speed-up with the right prediction research software, a combination of flexable stats and flexable patterns manipulation tools.

A lot or most of prediction research can't be done at all without the proper prediction research software. 

I guess that prediction does not interest most programmers, besides for the most part only programmers who make a living programming would know enough about programming to make the programs that are needed in the right way and only if they do as the predictors ask them to as they are the ones who know about prediction.

For better predictions it is best to first make the prediction research software and then go from there, not that the prediction software can't be made without it, but if better predictions are to be made then it is best to study and research even more, this is needed more for the jackpot games than for the pick 3 and 4 games, but should be done for both.

People don't understand that prediction is real, statistical prediction is.