Welcome Guest
You last visited December 9, 2016, 12:16 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

The prediction software you've been waiting for?

Topic closed. 47 replies. Last post 9 years ago by time*treat.

Page 3 of 4
PrintE-mailLink
RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
mid-Ohio
United States
Member #9
March 24, 2001
19830 Posts
Posted: October 26, 2007, 2:05 pm - IP Logged

Yes, a person must know about prediction before he can program a computer to make them, that is why many programs that predict don't do it right, as their programmer does not know how, as I said, a supercomputer can't help with-out the right prediction logic.

Programmers, there are many, good predictors, not too many of them. 

Who are these good predictors?  Over the years I've seen several threads that called for predictors to post instructions that a programmer would need to write a prediction program but no one ever does.  All they ever do is post a page full of nonsense and BS that even they don't under stand.  There will never be a good prediction program until good predictors share their secrets.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

Hans's avatar - Lottery-029.jpg
    Monte Carlo
    France
    Member #55589
    October 9, 2007
    1181 Posts
    Posted: October 26, 2007, 2:14 pm - IP Logged

A good predictor or a system doesnt need to tell exactly what will happen for all.It just needs to tell one 100% correct matter.For example,one banker number,even a right last digit.And if they can do it right very often,that would be quite good enough.

jarasan's avatar - new patrick.gif
      Harbinger
      D.C./MD.
      United States
      Member #44103
      July 30, 2006
      5583 Posts
      Posted: October 26, 2007, 2:31 pm - IP Logged

I predict that the University of Arizona will spend all 2.2 million dollars on the predicting the unpredictable software before anyone notices the money is gone, and then ask for more funding because their prediction (premise) they could develop prediction software was too difficult (wrong) and they need more funding to figure out if it may be cheaper just to guess, whilst puffing some buds.

Hippy

HAL was right. Dam humans.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
        mid-Ohio
        United States
        Member #9
        March 24, 2001
        19830 Posts
        Posted: October 26, 2007, 10:22 pm - IP Logged

A good predictor or a system doesnt need to tell exactly what will happen for all.It just needs to tell one 100% correct matter.For example,one banker number,even a right last digit.And if they can do it right very often,that would be quite good enough.

Software that claim to reduce the odds of winning a jackpot is already available to the general public, the writer was talking about software that would guarantee a profit every drawing even when the jackpot rolls.  Such software would have to strike a balance between the number of lines  played and the expected returns.  For the PowerBall game this would require a match4 for every hundred lines purchased or a match5 for every 200K lines purchased.  Even with such guarantees, the average lottery player is not going to be willing to spend that kind of money.  The average lottery player plays for entertainment and that only requires a few lines.

Evil Looking       

Honduras
          Member #20982
          August 29, 2005
          4715 Posts
          Posted: October 27, 2007, 1:03 am - IP Logged

The prediction software that I have been waiting for, nobody wants to build it.

Programmers want to do their own thing and their thing is not winning as they don't know how to.

If they would do as people who do know asks them to, then maybe we would have the software that we have been waiting for.

The very few programs that have been made based on some of my posts are only borderline good or at best half good, because the programmers wanted to do their own thing or things in their own way and What do they know about prediction? Not very much really, not enough anyway.

They wanted to make something easy and quick some to sell and the others to give away, such programs were not even close to what they should had been, some worse and some better, but none not even close to being right, good enough for their programmers, but not good enough for prediction and not good enough for me either.

Programmers always want to do their own thing as if they know how to predict, well, at least what they have done is very much better than nothing, the programs do help some, but not enough, not even as tools and of course they can't predict the numbers as their programmers can't either and they won't listen to those who do.

Also, prediction research would very greatly be speed-up with the right prediction research software, a combination of flexable stats and flexable patterns manipulation tools.

A lot or most of prediction research can't be done at all without the proper prediction research software. 

I guess that prediction does not interest most programmers, besides for the most part only programmers who make a living programming would know enough about programming to make the programs that are needed in the right way and only if they do as the predictors ask them to as they are the ones who know about prediction.

For better predictions it is best to first make the prediction research software and then go from there, not that the prediction software can't be made without it, but if better predictions are to be made then it is best to study and research even more, this is needed more for the jackpot games than for the pick 3 and 4 games, but should be done for both.

People don't understand that prediction is real, statistical prediction is. 

The very few programs that have been made based on some of my posts are only borderline good or at best half good, because the programmers wanted to do their own thing or things in their own way and What do they know about prediction? Not very much really, not enough anyway.

I am not a programmer but I think he is right...

Honduras
            Member #20982
            August 29, 2005
            4715 Posts
            Posted: October 27, 2007, 1:35 am - IP Logged

I am quoting the article

"The software can handle data loads that would overwhelm human analysts, while dispassionately exploring actions and behaviors based solely on the data, sidestepping human cultural biases that might prematurely rule out unorthodox or seemingly bizarre courses of action."

If they would only have a software like that for the Stock Market or the lottery but more the Stock Market...Not saying they shouldn't continue what they are doing...But i believe a computer could tackle the Stock Market with success...The only problem that i think is with the Stock Market is that in the Stock Market you must always be correct, not like the lottery where you can sometimes be correct (I think i don't know)...I'll be so glad when a computer can tackle the Stock Market...

Another quoting:

But what we’re dealing with now is a world with no rules, with infinite possibilities and moves that defy logic, such as total disregard for the basic instinct of self preservation.”|

Thinking about it, the lottery has some rules, it may be random but it has certain rules, actually patterns and not rules...However you could say that one rules is that previous draws must not repeat themselves...

"ATRAP will use sophisticated computational methods based on game theory,....."

I predicted that one method of trying to beat the lottery lie on game theory...

We must invest heavily on computers and in their thinking...Computers are the future...What do you think is going to happen when man begins to cross the stars thousands if not millions of years from now? computers will be doing all the thinking on the space ships...I don't think Star Trek is accurate on how the future Spaceship is going to be...

"The Truth is Out There"               from movie "The X-Files"

Honduras
              Member #20982
              August 29, 2005
              4715 Posts
              Posted: October 27, 2007, 2:04 am - IP Logged

My Bad is a mistake, is suppose to be OEOEEOE types (or odd,even,odd,even,even,odd,even)...I confused it with OOHHOH...OOHHOH is nothing.....However OEOEEOE is a way of looking at the draws.... 

Is a way of looking at the draws...It was originated from a post titled: "Pick5/39 Schooling" by TnTea:

http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/142913

You have to read all 18 pages of it to understand it...Not only can they make it with OEOEEOE types, but they can make it with 2-1-2 types...You have to read all 18 pages of the post to understand it...

example of EEOEOO types:

2-12-17-23-33-41 would be EEOOOO

5-11-14-22-28-35 would be OOEEEO

"The Truth is Out There"            from movie "The X-Files" 

TnTea's OEOEOO types along with "A Very good System for the lottery" blog on my blog page http://www.lotterypost.com/blog/22496

and i think we will do superb...And with the aid of a supercomputer....Oh Lord!!...

"The Truth is Out There"           from movie "The X-Files"

Hans's avatar - Lottery-029.jpg
                Monte Carlo
                France
                Member #55589
                October 9, 2007
                1181 Posts
                Posted: October 27, 2007, 2:12 am - IP Logged

When one banker number is known,it can help reduce numbers,and that helps a lot if the fnal numbers are reduced to 16,and still have left 4-5 numbers,on which basis we can make less than 30 lines for a 5hit.

time*treat's avatar - radar

United States
                  Member #13130
                  March 30, 2005
                  2171 Posts
                  Posted: October 27, 2007, 3:18 am - IP Logged

I am quoting the article

"The software can handle data loads that would overwhelm human analysts, while dispassionately exploring actions and behaviors based solely on the data, sidestepping human cultural biases that might prematurely rule out unorthodox or seemingly bizarre courses of action."

If they would only have a software like that for the Stock Market or the lottery but more the Stock Market...Not saying they shouldn't continue what they are doing...But i believe a computer could tackle the Stock Market with success...The only problem that i think is with the Stock Market is that in the Stock Market you must always be correct, not like the lottery where you can sometimes be correct (I think i don't know)...I'll be so glad when a computer can tackle the Stock Market...

Another quoting:

But what we’re dealing with now is a world with no rules, with infinite possibilities and moves that defy logic, such as total disregard for the basic instinct of self preservation.”|

Thinking about it, the lottery has some rules, it may be random but it has certain rules, actually patterns and not rules...However you could say that one rules is that previous draws must not repeat themselves...

"ATRAP will use sophisticated computational methods based on game theory,....."

I predicted that one method of trying to beat the lottery lie on game theory...

We must invest heavily on computers and in their thinking...Computers are the future...What do you think is going to happen when man begins to cross the stars thousands if not millions of years from now? computers will be doing all the thinking on the space ships...I don't think Star Trek is accurate on how the future Spaceship is going to be...

"The Truth is Out There"               from movie "The X-Files"

I will just tackle one point here.

Plenty of software like this does exist for the stock market, at many price points. Listen c a r e f u l l y to the business news on any given day and you will hear the phrase "program trading". If fact, program trading runs between 30% to sometimes over 60% of total trading volume (on average) for the major exchanges. This info is released week by week. 

As far as loss/win ratio in the market, success depends on where you cut any losses and how far you let the winners run. 

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                    mid-Ohio
                    United States
                    Member #9
                    March 24, 2001
                    19830 Posts
                    Posted: October 27, 2007, 10:19 am - IP Logged

I will just tackle one point here.

Plenty of software like this does exist for the stock market, at many price points. Listen c a r e f u l l y to the business news on any given day and you will hear the phrase "program trading". If fact, program trading runs between 30% to sometimes over 60% of total trading volume (on average) for the major exchanges. This info is released week by week. 

As far as loss/win ratio in the market, success depends on where you cut any losses and how far you let the winners run. 

Although most people have heard of it,I doubt if plenty of this type of software exists.  Only the larger investment companies could afford it and it's proprietary.  Same would be true with any prediction software if it existed, sharing it would defeat its purpose.  Sharing a win with a hundred other players who was using the same software would get old fast.

Evil Looking       

Honduras
                      Member #20982
                      August 29, 2005
                      4715 Posts
                      Posted: October 27, 2007, 12:09 pm - IP Logged

TnTea's OEOEOO types along with "A Very good System for the lottery" blog on my blog page http://www.lotterypost.com/blog/22496

and i think we will do superb...And with the aid of a supercomputer....Oh Lord!!...

"The Truth is Out There"           from movie "The X-Files"

I fogot to mention to add: HOt & cold pattern/frequency along with Gap theory/sequence....

"The Truth is Out There"             from movie "The X-Files"

Honduras
                        Member #20982
                        August 29, 2005
                        4715 Posts
                        Posted: October 27, 2007, 12:16 pm - IP Logged

I fogot to mention to add: HOt & cold pattern/frequency along with Gap theory/sequence....

"The Truth is Out There"             from movie "The X-Files"

correction: I call it gap theory but is actually DRAW SKIP number sequence...

time*treat's avatar - radar

United States
                          Member #13130
                          March 30, 2005
                          2171 Posts
                          Posted: October 27, 2007, 3:29 pm - IP Logged

Although most people have heard of it,I doubt if plenty of this type of software exists.  Only the larger investment companies could afford it and it's proprietary.  Same would be true with any prediction software if it existed, sharing it would defeat its purpose.  Sharing a win with a hundred other players who was using the same software would get old fast.

You are thinking of the "Black-box" trading programs the big boys use. That is true. While you may not be able to get the specific code the big boys are using, there are packages that are available to us "regular" folks.

I have "trialed" some that cost as much as $3,000 and some that cost ~$100. Some are flat fee, others are subscription based. Actually, they work much like special purpose programming languages. They let you backtest theories for the stocks. E.g. how a portfolio would have performed using whatever buy & sell criteria you are considering (moving averages, volume, etc). Some of them even have add-ins to connect to your account.

Software for the stocks and software for the lotteries both involve plenty of user filtering. You only get the same results if you have the same ideas. A lot of us, here, are using some flavor of BASIC, but I don't believe we will all end up with the same winners.  

In neo-conned Amerika, bank robs you.
                          Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms should be the name of a convenience store, not a govnoment agency.

BobP's avatar - bobp avatar.png
                            Dump Water Florida
                            United States
                            Member #380
                            June 5, 2002
                            3104 Posts
                            Posted: October 28, 2007, 1:36 am - IP Logged

This is a nice little easy to understand article on Sigma Six software that explains the difference between the process and statistics. BobP

http://www.accelper.com/pdfs/StatisticalSoftwareandSixSigmaProjects%2001-04-06.pdf

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                              mid-Ohio
                              United States
                              Member #9
                              March 24, 2001
                              19830 Posts
                              Posted: October 28, 2007, 9:22 am - IP Logged

"You only get the same results if you have the same ideas. A lot of us, here, are using some flavor of BASIC, but I don't believe we will all end up with the same winners losers." 

That's the problem, there is only one right result when predicting winning lottery numbers, getting anything else no matter how you figured it and even if it's close is not a winner. 

Evil Looking