Welcome Guest
You last visited December 9, 2016, 12:16 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

How did this happen? Answers please!

Topic closed. 33 replies. Last post 9 years ago by Badger.

Page 1 of 3
PrintE-mailLink
justxploring's avatar - villiarna
Wandering Aimlessly
United States
Member #25360
November 5, 2005
4461 Posts
Posted: October 20, 2007, 8:13 pm - IP Logged

About 15 minutes ago I purchased my Sat evening Lotto tickets (4 combinations) at Publix.  Please don't tease me about this, but I honestly do not want to get "addicted" to any more numbers.  I can't afford it.

This is what happened.  The clerk ran my 2 cards through the terminal.  I used to have 4, but now I put 2 combinations on 2 cards.  (don't ask...just something different)  I've been using these 2 cards for several weeks without any glitches or anything unusual coming up, except for tonight.  I got 3 numbers on one of the cards.  What I mean is that there are 2 lines on one ticket and 3 on the other. She said this occasionally happens. Why?  I said I'd pay for it. 

Okay - let's say there was dust on the card.  Then wouldn't I get a quick pick?  This is not a quick pick.  It says "C"and shows 6 numbers as if I marked the boxes. I realize that if a speck of dust gets on the card, then you might see Q5 because the computer will take that number and add 5 quick picks. This is different.  Weird - never happened to me in 30 years.

Some other strange things have taken place over the past couple of months, but if I decide to share them, I'll post them in the Mystical forum.

LuckyLilly's avatar - savy chick.png

United States
    Member #50124
    February 26, 2007
    601 Posts
    Posted: October 20, 2007, 8:35 pm - IP Logged

Ooooh, this would make a fabulous story if it ends up being the winning ticket.  Just make it a point not to memorize the numbers, so if it doesn't win tonight you won't be looking for those numbers in future drawings when you don't have a ticket.  Good luck!  Thumbs Up

Wandering Aimlessly
      United States
      Member #25360
      November 5, 2005
      4461 Posts
      Posted: October 20, 2007, 8:39 pm - IP Logged

Thanks Lilly. 

LANTERN's avatar - kilroy 28_173_reasonably_small.jpg
        Tx
        United States
        Member #4570
        May 4, 2004
        5180 Posts
        Posted: October 20, 2007, 8:47 pm - IP Logged

Those things happen sometimes, the cards can be the cause and orthe lottery terminal.

For one thing the terminals collect a lot of dust a lot of it from the cards (paper) that is put in them and some from the air.

That cards themselves can get on them dust and artifacts.

But Who knows?, It does happen sometimes. 

Nothing mystical probably. 

Jack Pot's avatar - Lottery-028.jpg

United States
          Member #55246
          September 20, 2007
          225 Posts
          Posted: October 20, 2007, 8:52 pm - IP Logged

I hope you are holding the ticket that is going to hit the jackpot tonight, justxploring.Party

Badger's avatar - adu50016 NorthAmericanBadger.jpg
            Wisconsin
            United States
            Member #1303
            March 27, 2003
            1508 Posts
            Posted: October 20, 2007, 9:06 pm - IP Logged

About 15 minutes ago I purchased my Sat evening Lotto tickets (4 combinations) at Publix.  Please don't tease me about this, but I honestly do not want to get "addicted" to any more numbers.  I can't afford it.

This is what happened.  The clerk ran my 2 cards through the terminal.  I used to have 4, but now I put 2 combinations on 2 cards.  (don't ask...just something different)  I've been using these 2 cards for several weeks without any glitches or anything unusual coming up, except for tonight.  I got 3 numbers on one of the cards.  What I mean is that there are 2 lines on one ticket and 3 on the other. She said this occasionally happens. Why?  I said I'd pay for it. 

Okay - let's say there was dust on the card.  Then wouldn't I get a quick pick?  This is not a quick pick.  It says "C"and shows 6 numbers as if I marked the boxes. I realize that if a speck of dust gets on the card, then you might see Q5 because the computer will take that number and add 5 quick picks. This is different.  Weird - never happened to me in 30 years.

Some other strange things have taken place over the past couple of months, but if I decide to share them, I'll post them in the Mystical forum.

Wish I had the answer. But this one I've never heard of ....OTOH, the terminals here in WI do some strange things.  For instance within the last week my Pick 3 cards almost rove the cashier nuts.  On one card it kept telling her that I had "picked too many numbers".  She checked and checked...but thee was only one digit picked per position, and no marks of any kind elsewhere on the ticket.  We both went over it again. Nothing wrong. She started getting angry with the terminal (LOL) and made a few comments about it doing weird stuff at the drop of a hat.  I was at a loss to explain it too...finally she said somthing like "eat this" and started keying in the entire card manually. THEN it finally took the numbers.

All I can offer is that it is getting near to Halloween.  But it will be interesting to see if you get anything nice from that "mystery line" you have.

============

How can you tell if a politician is lying?

Answer: His lips are moving.

Raven62's avatar - binary
              New Jersey
              United States
              Member #17843
              June 28, 2005
              49796 Posts
              Posted: October 20, 2007, 9:32 pm - IP Logged

More than likely their is an accumulation of paper dust (from the Bet Slips) inside the Lottery Terminal which needs to be cleaned out.

To avoid this kind of thing in the future: mark the void boxes on the unused sections of the Bet Slip.

A mind once stretched by a new idea never returns to its original dimensions!

tntea's avatar - Lottery-059.jpg

United States
                Member #5344
                June 30, 2004
                23641 Posts
                Posted: October 20, 2007, 9:56 pm - IP Logged

I have heard and seen the therminals run numbers when no one was around the machine. We thought it was our ghost George playing tricks on us.

I bought one of George's combos one night and won $500..   Did not have anyone to give credit for it or to tip for the tip. 

OLD/Vtrac   Lottery Bible         Double Warnings      Thumbs Up TN F34/F44

four4me's avatar - gate1
                  MD
                  United States
                  Member #1701
                  June 18, 2003
                  8363 Posts
                  Posted: October 20, 2007, 10:19 pm - IP Logged

The terminals we used to have here in Md would do all sorts of things when we ran play slips through them. One thing i know for sure is if the plays slips were exposed to any dampness they would work sometimes and not other times.

tnlotto1's avatar - logo
                    nashville
                    United States
                    Member #49896
                    February 18, 2007
                    1181 Posts
                    Posted: October 20, 2007, 10:34 pm - IP Logged

well im paranoid so i would have purchased the extra tickets just like you did justx i dont want a winner to get away from me but in the past i have made my marks to big or outside of the circle and that has caused me to have the wrong number or an extra number so now i only make a small line in each circle. also if you fill out playslip on top of each other the pressure can cause the "pregnant chad" situation we all heard about in the florida election in 2000 so i also make sure i fill out my slips one at a time without stacking them. i also like the advice Raven62 gave above about marking the void in any empty ticket spaces just in case. i have done that to make sure my powerball doesnt accidentally make it an extra dollar powerplay because that happened to me in the past and my $5 ticket became a $10 ticket so i purchased that mistake and i still dont know if it was dust or moisture but i have made sure i  mark "N"  under powerplay when i fill out a powerball slip ever since.

JAP69's avatar - alas
                      South Carolina
                      United States
                      Member #6
                      November 4, 2001
                      8790 Posts
                      Posted: October 20, 2007, 10:45 pm - IP Logged

Maybe someone had the winning line figured out and wanted to give it to someone and hacked into the machine.

They are right. It is getting close to halloween.

Could be you are the lucky one.

ROFL

MAGA

Wandering Aimlessly
                        United States
                        Member #25360
                        November 5, 2005
                        4461 Posts
                        Posted: October 20, 2007, 10:59 pm - IP Logged

Okay - this is even weirder.  I just looked at the numbers again.  I'm trying not to memorize them, since I have a habit of seeing numbers come up weeks AFTER I bet them and go nuts. Then I end up keeping all the "mistakes" so it doesn't happen and I spend more money.  As everyone who has read my posts for 2 years knows, I never post numbers because I'm superstitious and am afraid of a jinx, but this is too strange not to share.

Here they are: 

13-20-27-34-41-48

13 + 7 = 20

20 + 7 = 27

27 + 7 = 34

34 + 7 = 41

41 + 7 = 48

Now I'm really getting spooked.  I'm glad I'll have my answer in about 15 minutes.  Well, now I can't ever forget these numbers, can I?

11:14PM   - Nothing magic.  Crying

emilyg's avatar - cat anm.gif

United States
                          Member #14
                          November 9, 2001
                          31361 Posts
                          Posted: October 20, 2007, 11:25 pm - IP Logged

Okay - this is even weirder.  I just looked at the numbers again.  I'm trying not to memorize them, since I have a habit of seeing numbers come up weeks AFTER I bet them and go nuts. Then I end up keeping all the "mistakes" so it doesn't happen and I spend more money.  As everyone who has read my posts for 2 years knows, I never post numbers because I'm superstitious and am afraid of a jinx, but this is too strange not to share.

Here they are: 

13-20-27-34-41-48

13 + 7 = 20

20 + 7 = 27

27 + 7 = 34

34 + 7 = 41

41 + 7 = 48

Now I'm really getting spooked.  I'm glad I'll have my answer in about 15 minutes.  Well, now I can't ever forget these numbers, can I?

and ... the suspense is building    did u win?

love to nibble those micey feet.

Wandering Aimlessly
                            United States
                            Member #25360
                            November 5, 2005
                            4461 Posts
                            Posted: October 20, 2007, 11:27 pm - IP Logged

Nothing at all Emily.   But thanks for asking.   

Badger's avatar - adu50016 NorthAmericanBadger.jpg
                              Wisconsin
                              United States
                              Member #1303
                              March 27, 2003
                              1508 Posts
                              Posted: October 20, 2007, 11:47 pm - IP Logged

Here they are: 

13-20-27-34-41-48

13 + 7 = 20

20 + 7 = 27

27 + 7 = 34

34 + 7 = 41

41 + 7 = 48

Hmm..sorry to hear the line won you nothing.  But that kind of a progression is the sort of thing that a computer program could certainly do.  May be some sort of subprogram that had a gremlin in it or something.

If it were me, I'd play around with that +7 progression. But then I have a tendency to be a bit odd when I look at numbers.

============

How can you tell if a politician is lying?

Answer: His lips are moving.