Welcome Guest
You last visited December 5, 2016, 3:33 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Sorry about that

Topic closed. 23 replies. Last post 9 years ago by four4me.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
Chief Bottle Washer
New Jersey
United States
Member #1
May 31, 2000
23260 Posts
Posted: November 4, 2007, 8:48 pm - IP Logged

Big GrinActually Foxfire browser has a similiar idea in place.  It has a plugin where you can clear your cookies and other cookie functions like view, delete, add, etc. on a webpage.

Just one of the features is - when you view any webpage and if it's an error on that page it will show it and take you directly to where it is. The line in CSS.  You can view all ID information including images etc. and a slew of other tools.  It is awesome. 

That's a browser feature, not a web site feature.  What was asked is not possible.

Check the State Lottery Report Card
What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
Help eliminate computerized drawings!

Tenaj's avatar - michellea
    Charlotte NC
    United States
    Member #17406
    June 18, 2005
    4053 Posts
    Posted: November 4, 2007, 8:55 pm - IP Logged

That's a browser feature, not a web site feature.  What was asked is not possible.

You still can clear cookies with it on any website.

takeemtothebank

Chief Bottle Washer
      New Jersey
      United States
      Member #1
      May 31, 2000
      23260 Posts
      Posted: November 4, 2007, 10:10 pm - IP Logged

You still can clear cookies with it on any website.

Hey Janet, it can set up RSS feeds too, but that's not what was asked.

four4me's avatar - gate1
        MD
        United States
        Member #1701
        June 18, 2003
        8360 Posts
        Posted: November 4, 2007, 10:19 pm - IP Logged

Aol'ers who have Aol Top Speed can clear their cache while viewing any web page.

Click on Top Speed in the lower left hand corner of the web page your on.

click browser settings. when that page opens up click clear my footprints then click select footprints to clear there are 4 choices
        use the check box and select from the list below
        browsing history
        cookies
        browser cache

blocked pop up list

then click clear selected footprints. Wala your done.

Charlotte NC
          United States
          Member #17406
          June 18, 2005
          4053 Posts
          Posted: November 4, 2007, 10:34 pm - IP Logged

Hey Janet, it can set up RSS feeds too, but that's not what was asked.

It's a wonderful tool Todd.  I wish I had learned about it sooner. 

takeemtothebank

Charlotte NC
            United States
            Member #17406
            June 18, 2005
            4053 Posts
            Posted: November 4, 2007, 10:48 pm - IP Logged

Aol'ers who have Aol Top Speed can clear their cache while viewing any web page.

click browser settings. when that page opens up click clear my footprints then click select footprints to clear there are 4 choices
            browsing history
            cookies
            browser cache

blocked pop up list

Hurray!That's is just too cool.  Other IPs should step up to the plate.  But you know many times we have stuff and dont' know it.

takeemtothebank

Chief Bottle Washer
              New Jersey
              United States
              Member #1
              May 31, 2000
              23260 Posts
              Posted: November 4, 2007, 10:53 pm - IP Logged

browsing history
              cookies
              browser cache

blocked pop up list

Good tip f4m.

The Opera web browser has a nice "Delete private data..." menu option that can be used to quickly delete what you want to.  I wish all the browsers has a simple, plain-spoken option like that.

However, I think many people make the mistake of deleting too much.  It's like those spyware programs that delete every last tracking cookie and report them as "danger!"  Leaving cookies on the computer is probably a better option for most people, unless you share the PC.  Even then using XP or Vista will keep user logins separate, and one user cannot see another user's cookies.

four4me's avatar - gate1
                MD
                United States
                Member #1701
                June 18, 2003
                8360 Posts
                Posted: November 5, 2007, 1:08 am - IP Logged

Good tip f4m.

The Opera web browser has a nice "Delete private data..." menu option that can be used to quickly delete what you want to.  I wish all the browsers has a simple, plain-spoken option like that.

However, I think many people make the mistake of deleting too much.  It's like those spyware programs that delete every last tracking cookie and report them as "danger!"  Leaving cookies on the computer is probably a better option for most people, unless you share the PC.  Even then using XP or Vista will keep user logins separate, and one user cannot see another user's cookies.

Yes thats true about cookies i don't delete them every time maybe once a month. Mainly because i haven't figured out how to isolate the sites i visit that use different passwords and logins. When i delete my cookies i have to go through the login screen names and passwords for every site that uses them all over again.

Since AOL comes with McAfee security center and it's own spy ware i let it run and if it's dangerous it automatically blocks it.

My next PC will have Vista can't wait. Buying one is still on my wish list.  

four4me's avatar - gate1
                  MD
                  United States
                  Member #1701
                  June 18, 2003
                  8360 Posts
                  Posted: November 5, 2007, 1:19 am - IP Logged

Hurray!That's is just too cool.  Other IPs should step up to the plate.  But you know many times we have stuff and dont' know it.

Tenaj glad you liked it. Yea i found it by accident one day you can also access it from the tool bar by clicking settings but that takes a little bit longer.

On this PC I'm on AOL and Comcast high speed so any features i can find to speed up things i look for. Aol has a plug-in for broadband and high seed Internet depending on whichever access you tag along with.

When i switch to Internet explorer i have all the tool bars for different IP's we use it's kinda neat but mostly my kids use that.