Welcome Guest
You last visited December 2, 2016, 2:44 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

LOTTOMAN Software

Topic closed. 11 replies. Last post 9 years ago by Littleoldlady.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
leesburg, fl
United States
Member #53062
June 22, 2007
596 Posts
Posted: November 6, 2007, 10:23 am - IP Logged

Does anyone use LOTTOMAN? I am in Fla and am trying to understand how to use this software.

Turtle0747

United States
    Member #53699
    July 17, 2007
    6 Posts
    Posted: November 7, 2007, 5:02 pm - IP Logged

Does anyone use LOTTOMAN? I am in Fla and am trying to understand how to use this software.

Turtle0747

Google "Lottoman help" should do it. 

Greg

LANTERN's avatar - kilroy 28_173_reasonably_small.jpg
      Tx
      United States
      Member #4570
      May 4, 2004
      5180 Posts
      Posted: November 8, 2007, 4:02 am - IP Logged

Turtle0747

A readable copy of the LottoMan's manual and or help file(s) would be welcomed, but much better if it is on plain text file(s) and or as .RTF (Rich Text Format) kind of files, not as document files nor as Windows Help files, for some reason I can't read them in that way.

If not, then O.K. as I really don't have to use that program, I am more interested on the program's documents and on the workings of the program than on the program itself, to see if I can learn something new of value.

I don't need the program itself, just it's manual or documentation in a way that I can read it:

As plain text files (.TXT) and or as .RTF files.

Or posted somewhere from where I can read and or copy them from.

Thanks.

Tx
        United States
        Member #4570
        May 4, 2004
        5180 Posts
        Posted: November 8, 2007, 6:58 am - IP Logged

I didn't remember right as it has been a long time since I tried this:

I can read O.K. the LottoMan.HLP file, but not the Pick3.Doc and the Tutorial.Doc files as they are Word for Windows 2.0 files.

I am able to read a portion of those 2 files, but not the complete files. 

On the pick3 doc I recovered more of the text than on the tutorial doc.

Maybe I recovered enough, but it is a little hard to read, and portions are gibberish such as :

PAGEi

PAGE3

vz}€Ÿ8Ž888‘hvz}Ÿ8Ž888‘hvz}€Ÿ8Ž888‘hv}€Ÿ8Ž888‘h
        19-- iing7greement included in the online  circumstances. The unmodified,
        i4
        i32containson-line
        i18of the numbers that came in the last draw (5-8-8 in this case) and looks to see what numbers appeared in€ˆ£¥­®ÄÅâä„…›œ    5
        ?
        @
        F
        G
        ¹ºPR™«­ØÚð"ó"ø"ú"¾#À#C$F$7&:&?&A&m&o&Ã&Æ&í&ð&N'Q'û'ý'J)M)W+Z+q+t+9.;.C.E.M.P.™.›.¤.§.S=U=¿=Á=ÎNÑNÅ|È|â|å|j~m~š~~­~ûõñíñíñéåéåããßÛãããÚÚÚÚÚÚÚÚÚÚÚÚÚÚÚÚÚÚÚÚÚÚÚÚÚÚÚÚÚÚ  (    0 0
           V­~¯~É~Ë~ÂÄ

™­™¯™Ô™×™(ª*ªqºsºNÙPÙ‹¶Ÿ¶²¶·»¼½¾ÂÃÇÈÉÊÐÒ.02569:Zz|}~™‚„Œ“•–˜þþþþþþýùõùóóóóóóëççõõããã  0   €7€ˆ‘“•—™›Ÿ¡£¥Çä« "$&(*,.02468:<>@BDFHJLNPRTùòòìììììììììßÒŸ¸«¦˜Š™{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{òø%Œòø%Œ  
        ÿø%p  &x'x(x)x.

United States
          Member #53699
          July 17, 2007
          6 Posts
          Posted: November 8, 2007, 11:21 am - IP Logged

Try using Wordpad. Its part of Windows.

Start > Run > Wordpad

Greg

United States
            Member #69
            December 30, 2001
            41 Posts
            Posted: November 8, 2007, 3:31 pm - IP Logged

LANTERN, I saved the Lottoman tutorial as plain text. Where can I send it? If you can read it I will save the other word files as text and send them to you.

Elaine

Tx
              United States
              Member #4570
              May 4, 2004
              5180 Posts
              Posted: November 8, 2007, 4:47 pm - IP Logged

LANTERN, I saved the Lottoman tutorial as plain text. Where can I send it? If you can read it I will save the other word files as text and send them to you.

Elaine

Thanks a lot!

I am sending a PM with the email address.

Mail For You

By the way, K. Scott Piel is back after some many years of being gone, he wants to make another program, an online workout.

Thanks again! 

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                mid-Ohio
                United States
                Member #9
                March 24, 2001
                19813 Posts
                Posted: November 8, 2007, 5:34 pm - IP Logged

Turtle0747

When ever I see players asking for instructions for older lottery software it makes me wonder if lottery software is like some wines that get better with age.

What is it that old lottery programs can do that they couldn't do when they were new?

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

BobP's avatar - bobp avatar.png
                  Dump Water Florida
                  United States
                  Member #380
                  June 5, 2002
                  3102 Posts
                  Posted: November 11, 2007, 2:23 am - IP Logged

When ever I see players asking for instructions for older lottery software it makes me wonder if lottery software is like some wines that get better with age.

What is it that old lottery programs can do that they couldn't do when they were new?

As I recall Lottoman was by Scott Piel who played Mr. Lucky for Lotto World Magazine.  He sold it to an outfit that was going to "make it work".  They renamed it "The Winning Ticket" and updated the appearence but not the prediction routines or wheeling.  They released a beta and vanished. 

There are a couple of ways older lotto software appeals. 

First of all Lottoman wasn't a failure as much as it changed hands to new owners who failed it.  It did have wins in its time and some unique features such as brute force wheel construction and vectors.

We players often don't give our new software a real work out.  We back test a few months and if nothing happens we toss it back on the shelf.  Sometimes we had no idea how to use it, though just as often I've had software win first day out of the box, until I learned how to use it for the following draw, then it stopped winning.

We get a new idea, strategy, theory, and seek a software that was built to work with that method.  Many times I've dug through boxed to find a floppy with a program I half remember doing what I need.

Hope springs eternal we are now smarter, wiser and will figure out how to make the software win this time.

Did I miss anything?

BobP

Tx
                    United States
                    Member #4570
                    May 4, 2004
                    5180 Posts
                    Posted: November 11, 2007, 5:36 am - IP Logged

As I recall Lottoman was by Scott Piel who played Mr. Lucky for Lotto World Magazine.  He sold it to an outfit that was going to "make it work".  They renamed it "The Winning Ticket" and updated the appearence but not the prediction routines or wheeling.  They released a beta and vanished. 

First of all Lottoman wasn't a failure as much as it changed hands to new owners who failed it.  It did have wins in its time and some unique features such as brute force wheel construction and vectors.

We players often don't give our new software a real work out.  We back test a few months and if nothing happens we toss it back on the shelf.  Sometimes we had no idea how to use it, though just as often I've had software win first day out of the box, until I learned how to use it for the following draw, then it stopped winning.

We get a new idea, strategy, theory, and seek a software that was built to work with that method.  Many times I've dug through boxed to find a floppy with a program I half remember doing what I need.

Hope springs eternal we are now smarter, wiser and will figure out how to make the software win this time.

Did I miss anything?

BobP

LottoMatrix3 was also abandoned, I guess because of hacks, cracks or whatever they are called, people were using it for free, but the program was and still is very good, but it was made so no newer games (states and daily draws) could be added to it and the draws were to be updated online from the program's site which of course is no more, but they can be entered by hand, but as I said, no newer pick 3 games can be added to it, it seems to me that it was the most advanced pick 3 filters program of all even for many years after it was abandoned, while not the best no more it is still very good, not just because of its filters, but also because of its stats.

No need for people to try to get it if you don't have it, you can instead use newer programs and or workouts. 

It is too bad that its programmer no longer seems to be making lottery programs and that he didn't make a pick 4 version of the LottoMatrix3, at least not that I know of, he invented a filter that it is unique to his program, the:

3 X 3 Tic Tac Toe pick 3 matrix filter. 

I am not saying that the filter as he used it was very good, only that it was unique to his program.

A very good program anyway, even if one uses only the other "regular" filters.

Its stats are also very good, this program is still one of the best pick 3 filter programs, too bad that it was not made more advanced yet and with automatic or semi automatic prediction.

Now, you might want to use this program, don't, just use one of the newer alternatives. 

While this programmer is long gone, Mr Scott Piel (LottoMan) is now back. 

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                      mid-Ohio
                      United States
                      Member #9
                      March 24, 2001
                      19813 Posts
                      Posted: November 11, 2007, 12:34 pm - IP Logged

Did I miss anything?

BobP

"We players often don't give our new software a real work out.  We back test a few months and if nothing happens we toss it back on the shelf."

I agree but often it's also the programmers who don't stick with software until something other than attracting new sales happens.  That's the reason there are so many old programs that are no longer supported.

A programmer writes software that people will buy and support it as long as it generates sales, once sales stops he moves on.  Lottery players on the other hand buy software expecting it to generate winners and if it doesn't they move on.

Software is only a tool and players can't make it do something it wasn't designed to do.  Only programmers can redesign and update it to do more and they general do if during so will generate new sales but as some point players will stop buying updated copies of the same software if they can't see the improvements and move on.  Thus the cycle continues.   

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

Littleoldlady's avatar - basket
                        Clarksville
                        United States
                        Member #487
                        July 15, 2002
                        17638 Posts
                        Posted: November 11, 2007, 5:36 pm - IP Logged

Well, I still use lottoman software and have been using it for at least 5-6 years.  The software is doing fine but you have to do something else, too.  Using a software program by itself to me is defeating.  I actually have at least 10 programs but I only use 1-2 of them everyday.  I still don't know everything that lottoman does but I like the ease of using the program.  Once it is set-up, you just have to keep the stats up.  I talked to Scot Piel and he is thinking of making a new program..(I don't know how he can improve on this one or even if he can get the rights back). I use both vtracs and numbers now.  Sometimes, the darn thing will give me the number.

If you know your number is going to hit, have patience and then KILL IT!

You never know when you will get another hit.