Welcome Guest
You last visited January 20, 2017, 9:09 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

PA Millionaire Raffle

Topic closed. 28 replies. Last post 9 years ago by benmas.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
psykomo's avatar - animal shark.jpg

United States
Member #4877
May 30, 2004
5143 Posts
Posted: November 30, 2007, 8:21 pm - IP Logged

OH>>>>>>YEAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa>>>>>>>>what about the QUICK-PICK aspect's

of this GAME?????????????????????????????????????????????????

When a PSYKO out their several year's ago was winn'n with QP's

they DOCTOR'''''''''''RED xxxxxxxxxxxxxtheir computer's and later^^

changed the odds of a PAYOFF unless YOU spent millions to WIN!!

CAN U TRUST these CLOWN's ?????

LOL<<<<<<<<<<<<

mind UR manner's

NOW(TA-TAA-TUU-TAAHaaaa)u-blot

DID YOU SAY>>>>>>QuickPick?

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&LOL>>>>

Whitewater
    Singapore
    Member #56672
    November 29, 2007
    12 Posts
    Posted: December 1, 2007, 3:28 am - IP Logged

Good luck, guys.

Whenyou strike rich, don't forget about yr friends.

Buy them a few barrels of beers.

Cheers mate . . .

:-)

sirbrad's avatar - Lottery-062.jpg
      PA
      United States
      Member #22983
      October 6, 2005
      2226 Posts
      Posted: December 21, 2007, 6:52 am - IP Logged

Well PA is going to seem to sell out EXACTLY on time as usual. Skeptical

I gave in and got my ticket earlier today. They claim they sold over 75% so far. I hate spending that much for a ticket, but you can't beat those odds for a million. Last year I was very close to the million, but not close enough to make me go nuts. Hope to hit it dead on this time so I can start my new life and live off of the compound interest, and build up to several million eventually. See you at lottery headquarters!

ThatScaryChick's avatar - x1MqPuM
        Idaho
        United States
        Member #56506
        November 21, 2007
        6537 Posts
        Posted: December 21, 2007, 10:15 am - IP Logged

Well PA is going to seem to sell out EXACTLY on time as usual. Skeptical

I gave in and got my ticket earlier today. They claim they sold over 75% so far. I hate spending that much for a ticket, but you can't beat those odds for a million. Last year I was very close to the million, but not close enough to make me go nuts. Hope to hit it dead on this time so I can start my new life and live off of the compound interest, and build up to several million eventually. See you at lottery headquarters!

Good luck on the drawing sirbrad. The Idaho raffle drawing (which I bought some tickets) is on the 31st. They claimed it would be as early as the 26th if the tickets sold out, but they seemed to have changed their minds. Roll Eyes

"No one remembers the person who almost climbed the mountain, only the person who eventually gets to the top."

PA
          United States
          Member #22983
          October 6, 2005
          2226 Posts
          Posted: December 29, 2007, 7:37 pm - IP Logged

Damn, I was 2,000 away from the million. What a crock of...Millionaire RIP OFF strikes again. No results for other prizes until tomorrow, strange. Skeptical

PA
            United States
            Member #22983
            October 6, 2005
            2226 Posts
            Posted: December 29, 2007, 8:28 pm - IP Logged

All up but the $100 ones, so far did not win crap as usual. 300 numbers off from the $1,000. I still do not believe PA actually sold that many tickets that soon. I don't doubt that at least half belongs to the PA lottery themselves.

TheGameGrl's avatar - character catafly.jpg
              A long and winding road
              United States
              Member #17084
              June 10, 2005
              4577 Posts
              Posted: December 29, 2007, 9:48 pm - IP Logged

I am proud to say I am one of the lucky ticket holders of Contributing to the winners! I lost 40$ ! It will be fun to here the winner stories, Its usually the ole lady going to get milk or the grandkid who will use it to buy a new game console....So be it. May they enjoy their new found fortune!

~~Is it true, Is it kind,Is it necessary. ~~~

pa:888,4445,6132,4444,8008

Kentucky
                United States
                Member #32652
                February 14, 2006
                7344 Posts
                Posted: December 29, 2007, 9:55 pm - IP Logged

Damn, I was 2,000 away from the million. What a crock of...Millionaire RIP OFF strikes again. No results for other prizes until tomorrow, strange. Skeptical

The $100 winners were posted around 9 PM.

benmas's avatar - waveform
                  Rhode Island
                  United States
                  Member #56010
                  October 28, 2007
                  434 Posts
                  Posted: December 29, 2007, 9:58 pm - IP Logged

All the results are in ..go to main page of palottery website and its in the front top of page ..green screen will pop up  you can search your ticket by entering number...or scroll through lists....

loser here also...had 1 ticket...50#s behind $1000 and 20#s behind $100...will try again next time

My question to everyone is for next raffle would you buy earlier, later or about same time ....

tnlotto1's avatar - logo
                    nashville
                    United States
                    Member #49896
                    February 18, 2007
                    1181 Posts
                    Posted: December 29, 2007, 10:06 pm - IP Logged

All the results are in ..go to main page of palottery website and its in the front top of page ..green screen will pop up  you can search your ticket by entering number...or scroll through lists....

loser here also...had 1 ticket...50#s behind $1000 and 20#s behind $100...will try again next time

My question to everyone is for next raffle would you buy earlier, later or about same time ....

to answer your question i would say all of the above because i try to buy a raffle ticket on the first day and also near the middle of the sales period and if i can make it i try to buy a raffle ticket on the final weekend of raffle sales but one time i tried to do that in illinois and it sold out before i could make it back up there.

PA
                      United States
                      Member #22983
                      October 6, 2005
                      2226 Posts
                      Posted: December 29, 2007, 11:57 pm - IP Logged

15 numbers off from the 100. I am glad I only bought one ticket. If I were to buy multiple tickets, I would definitely spread them out due to past results. Of course then I would probably lose by just one number then, which would have won if I bought all the tickets together. $20 seems great for such odds at a million dollars, but to me this game just feels like a rip off.

Especially since it is not $1,000,000 after taxes, and it is stupid to have the same amount of prizes and odds for $100,000. There is a big difference between $100,000 and $1,000,000, but I guess the PA lottery doesn't think so.

ThatScaryChick's avatar - x1MqPuM
                        Idaho
                        United States
                        Member #56506
                        November 21, 2007
                        6537 Posts
                        Posted: December 30, 2007, 1:05 pm - IP Logged

Sorry you didn't win anything, but it doesn't mean raffles are a rip-off because you didn't win. They odds are still better of winning something compared to bigger games. wpb who only bought one ticket in the NC raffle, won $100 dollars in the drawing held on 27th. 

PA
                          United States
                          Member #22983
                          October 6, 2005
                          2226 Posts
                          Posted: December 30, 2007, 3:46 pm - IP Logged

I don't remember ever seeing any press conferences and or photos for any of these raffles, so I have a right to be skeptical. But even they could be faked. I guess until I actually win one and have the money in the bank, I will always be very skeptical. Especially since there is no way to prove how many tickets they sold, or "kept." So I guess privacy is not a good thing, except to those who supposedly win.

I am not fully convinced this game or any other lottery for that matter are not scams in some way. Especially these raffles where we have to "take their word" about how many tickets are sold.

benmas's avatar - waveform
                            Rhode Island
                            United States
                            Member #56010
                            October 28, 2007
                            434 Posts
                            Posted: January 1, 2008, 8:42 pm - IP Logged

I don't think that the PA raffle (or many of the others as well) are scams at all because it doesn't have to be when you do the math. The PA raffle sold 625,000 tickets X $20 =$12,500,000 sales total

Prizes payout are:

5 x $1,000,000=$5,000,000

5 x  $100,000= $500,000

200 x $1,000= $200,000

7790 x $100= $779,000

----------------------------------

Total prizes payout =$6,479,000

Net profit=$12,500,000 -$6,479,000=$6,021,000 so they took in about 48% plus any winnings above $2500 they deduct 25% federal tax so more money for the government even if you win..

seems reasonable to me they way they created the format its ~50% winners ~50% lottery profit

no scam