Welcome Guest
You last visited December 5, 2016, 7:43 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Holiday Raffle Games

Topic closed. 36 replies. Last post 9 years ago by Mystory365.

Page 2 of 3
PrintE-mailLink

Are you going to buy a ticket?

Yes - I'll buy one or two [ 22 ]  [42.31%]
Yes - I'll probably get several [ 10 ]  [19.23%]
No - I think they're a waste of money [ 9 ]  [17.31%]
No - other [ 3 ]  [5.77%]
Not Sure [ 8 ]  [15.38%]
Total Valid Votes [ 52 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 0 ]  
Los Angeles CA
United States
Member #55727
October 16, 2007
195 Posts
Posted: November 23, 2007, 3:11 pm - IP Logged

I'm undecided if I'm going to play ours, 20 dollars is an expensive ticket and while the odds are better than anything else, its still 20 bucks. In CA they are awarding (5) 1 million (50) 10k and (500) $2008.00 prizes. I think if I get a lotto win and tickets are still available I'll buy one, if not oh well, they still do a Fantasy 5 draw everyday.

EXMECHANIC

"My dollar buys hope, what does yours do?" 

United States
    Member #1826
    July 11, 2003
    2645 Posts
    Posted: November 23, 2007, 9:18 pm - IP Logged

They've made great improvements to the PA raffle since the first one a couple of years back (the first anywhere ever), I might buy a ticket, keyword being might because a 1 in 80 chance of winning anything on a $20 ticket is a bit insulting. But the others in comparison are downright defamation, so PA has the best. 

(insert signature here)

ThatScaryChick's avatar - x1MqPuM
      Idaho
      United States
      Member #56506
      November 21, 2007
      6537 Posts
      Posted: November 27, 2007, 10:39 am - IP Logged

They've made great improvements to the PA raffle since the first one a couple of years back (the first anywhere ever), I might buy a ticket, keyword being might because a 1 in 80 chance of winning anything on a $20 ticket is a bit insulting. But the others in comparison are downright defamation, so PA has the best. 

I know the odds are better, but I agree that $20 for one ticket is pricey. If Idaho had done that, I may have only bought one or two tickets. I guess I can be glad that it wasn't $50 a ticket. LOL 

Kentucky
        United States
        Member #32652
        February 14, 2006
        7302 Posts
        Posted: November 27, 2007, 3:22 pm - IP Logged

"But the others in comparison are downright defamation, so PA has the best."

It looks like PA has found the right formula by offering more $100 prizes (7790). The Florida raffle has a different twist by offering 20,000 instant $50 winners.

But the state with the best chance of winning $1 million for 20 bucks will probably be Ohio because I doubt they will sell 500,000 of the 625,000 tickets.

YeeHaw's avatar - Lottery-041.jpg
          California
          United States
          Member #43591
          July 22, 2006
          9 Posts
          Posted: November 27, 2007, 4:01 pm - IP Logged

I'm undecided if I'm going to play ours, 20 dollars is an expensive ticket and while the odds are better than anything else, its still 20 bucks. In CA they are awarding (5) 1 million (50) 10k and (500) $2008.00 prizes. I think if I get a lotto win and tickets are still available I'll buy one, if not oh well, they still do a Fantasy 5 draw everyday.

CA tickets are $5.   They have a special buy of 5 for $20. 

YeeHaw's avatar - Lottery-041.jpg
            California
            United States
            Member #43591
            July 22, 2006
            9 Posts
            Posted: November 27, 2007, 4:54 pm - IP Logged

CA tickets are $5.   They have a special buy of 5 for $20. 

checked the lottery homepage  for CA sounds like they removed the option of buying one number for

$5. that they offered last year.   Just kept the 5 number option for $20.   Sorry about that

derek7's avatar - speedykat
              IL
              United States
              Member #34578
              March 4, 2006
              198 Posts
              Posted: November 27, 2007, 5:45 pm - IP Logged

I would buy 2+

I wonder if IL has any plans for the raffle this year...

/Derek 

justxploring's avatar - villiarna
                Wandering Aimlessly
                United States
                Member #25360
                November 5, 2005
                4461 Posts
                Posted: November 27, 2007, 5:53 pm - IP Logged

checked the lottery homepage  for CA sounds like they removed the option of buying one number for

$5. that they offered last year.   Just kept the 5 number option for $20.   Sorry about that

That's still better than $20 for only one line.   So basically you get 5 chances for $4 each, even though you can't pick the numbers.  

tnlotto1's avatar - logo
                  nashville
                  United States
                  Member #49896
                  February 18, 2007
                  1181 Posts
                  Posted: December 1, 2007, 6:30 pm - IP Logged

i purchased another holiday millionaire raffle ticket today in georgia and  they are just past the 50 thousand mark

Idaho
                    United States
                    Member #56506
                    November 21, 2007
                    6537 Posts
                    Posted: December 21, 2007, 10:12 am - IP Logged

i purchased another holiday millionaire raffle ticket today in georgia and  they are just past the 50 thousand mark

Idaho's raffle sold out on the 16th. Earlier then they expected.

"No one remembers the person who almost climbed the mountain, only the person who eventually gets to the top."

Tenaj's avatar - michellea
                      Charlotte NC
                      United States
                      Member #17406
                      June 18, 2005
                      4053 Posts
                      Posted: December 23, 2007, 12:55 pm - IP Logged

NC has only sold half of the Merry Millionaire raffle tickets and the last drawing is scheduled for the 27th.  Tom Shehan said that the last time the most tickets were sold on the last four days and that they are not worried but they will sell until 2 a.m. on the 27th or until all tickets are sold.

takeemtothebank

TheMaker's avatar - Lottery-062.jpg

United States
                        Member #44530
                        August 5, 2006
                        8439 Posts
                        Posted: December 23, 2007, 1:22 pm - IP Logged

I've already bought one & I hate I did, because I think they r a waste of time!

Noel

GOD BLESS EVERY ONE!!!

Idaho
                          United States
                          Member #56506
                          November 21, 2007
                          6537 Posts
                          Posted: December 23, 2007, 2:27 pm - IP Logged

I've already bought one & I hate I did, because I think they r a waste of time!

Noel

Well hopefully you win one of the prizes then you won't feel so bad.

"No one remembers the person who almost climbed the mountain, only the person who eventually gets to the top."

United States
                            Member #17555
                            June 22, 2005
                            5582 Posts
                            Posted: December 24, 2007, 12:02 am - IP Logged

To answer your original question Justx............

NO, I don't play....The odds are rediculous!

Having a blue eyed, Blonde haired.. long lost brother is more likely. Santa

Fourwayz's avatar - Trek Borgsym4.gif
                              Godwin, NC
                              United States
                              Member #38644
                              May 2, 2006
                              8 Posts
                              Posted: December 27, 2007, 1:26 am - IP Logged

Well, it's that time of year again and the lotteries are selling Holiday Scratchers and Holiday Raffle tickets.

Florida started to sell their new raffle game on November 19, reminding people to buy early or they might miss out on winning a million dollars with "the best odds to do so."

I didn't buy a ticket last year, but I spent $20 on the July 4th game and didn't win anything, so now I'm a bit apprehensive about spending $20 on just one raffle ticket.

Does your state have a holiday raffle this year?  If so, do you plan to participate in it?

I got suckered in by my other half to by ONE ticket for the holiday raffle. There were drawings for an additional $10k. I predicted where the winners were going to be drawn from and was 85% correct.  I call it the winner's belt. I also anticipate a repeat of the 4th of July drawing to occour in our state.  Winners of the large sums/prizes will be concentrated in and around the following areas:

Charlotte, Wilmington, Ashboro, Raleigh, Asheville, Hickory, Durham. Smaller amounts will be scattered from Rocky Mount and to the west as well. There will be one maybe 2 winners in the Fayetteville/Ft.Bragg/Spring Lake/Pope AFB/Hope Mills Area of smaller prizes. I make this prediction based on what is posted on the NCEL website and the information I found at the CITIZEN-TIMES website.

Let's see how well I do! 

More hay Trigger? "No thanks Roy, I'm stuffed."