Welcome Guest
You last visited December 3, 2016, 12:35 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Local Winners

Topic closed. 28 replies. Last post 9 years ago by Coin Toss.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink

How do you feel when your regular store sells a winning ticket?

Good for the winner! I'm happy for him. [ 28 ]  [50.00%]
Shoot! Why didn't I win? [ 7 ]  [12.50%]
I'm never buying any more tickets! [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
Maybe I'll be the winner next time. [ 16 ]  [28.57%]
I'm going somewhere else! [ 2 ]  [3.57%]
Other, explain. [ 3 ]  [5.36%]
Total Valid Votes [ 56 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 1 ]  
justxploring's avatar - villiarna
Wandering Aimlessly
United States
Member #25360
November 5, 2005
4461 Posts
Posted: November 29, 2007, 3:32 pm - IP Logged

Last night my regular gas station where I usually fill up sold a winning Fantasy 5 ticket.  It was quick pick.  I admit that I bought my Lotto tickets at Albertson's Wedneday evening, but for some reason I couldn't make up my mind what I wanted for dinner.  So I drove to Taco Bell which is directly across the street from the Mobil station.  I glanced over and then said "Nah, I already spent $4 tonight.  I am already way over my monthly budget." 

When I saw the news release today, I said "OMG! What if I had just turned into that Mobil?"  On the other hand, they must sell a lot of tickets, so the person before me or after me could have been the winner anyway, or I might have used my own numbers instead of a quick pick.  I just shrugged and said "maybe it's not my time."  Then I started to think about "was I getting signs and not listening to them? I mean, why was I walking around a huge supermarket in a daze and not finding a thing to eat and ended up with a cheesy bean & rice burrito?

So, how do you feel when "the other guy" who filled up or stopped at 7-11 or stood in line at your local market wins?  Happy? Resentful? Frustrated? Confused?

bashley572's avatar - starwars14
    West Side of Sunny Florida
    United States
    Member #55048
    September 8, 2007
    3371 Posts
    Posted: November 29, 2007, 3:54 pm - IP Logged

I love it when we get local winners.  Here in CENTRAL NY we are fighting with all the New York City winners.  The NY Lottery website will tell you where the big winners bought there tickets and seems like 90-95% of all winners in all games are from or near NY City.  We just had a $1 million dollar scatch off winner at one of the places I stop at and it was GREAT!  For us this means more money in the local economy instead of going downstate (NY City). 

Lets see how many people from NYC see this and respond....

Money won is twice as good as money earned!

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
      mid-Ohio
      United States
      Member #9
      March 24, 2001
      19816 Posts
      Posted: November 29, 2007, 5:00 pm - IP Logged

Since I pick my own numbers, it makes no difference where I play the numbers would be the same.  When I lose I have only myself to blame but I only accept the responsibility and none of the blame.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

derek7's avatar - speedykat
        IL
        United States
        Member #34578
        March 4, 2006
        198 Posts
        Posted: November 29, 2007, 5:11 pm - IP Logged

I am so sure about my own numbers, that if I hear that my favorite store sells the winning ticket, I would be 99% sure it's mine...

For last few years it happened only once that winning ticket (for Pick 5) was sold in my home town. Only once, and it wasn't the store I usually go to.  And... it wasn't me who had the ticket.  Unfortunatelly.  Unhappy

/Derek7 

Lotterologist's avatar - lightbulb
          Lotto City, Michigan
          United States
          Member #36256
          March 30, 2006
          1472 Posts
          Posted: November 29, 2007, 5:31 pm - IP Logged

I'm always happy for winners. I like people and wish the best for everybody! Smile

psykomo's avatar - animal shark.jpg

United States
            Member #4877
            May 30, 2004
            5114 Posts
            Posted: November 29, 2007, 5:51 pm - IP Logged

Last night my regular gas station where I usually fill up sold a winning Fantasy 5 ticket.  It was quick pick.  I admit that I bought my Lotto tickets at Albertson's Wedneday evening, but for some reason I couldn't make up my mind what I wanted for dinner.  So I drove to Taco Bell which is directly across the street from the Mobil station.  I glanced over and then said "Nah, I already spent $4 tonight.  I am already way over my monthly budget." 

When I saw the news release today, I said "OMG! What if I had just turned into that Mobil?"  On the other hand, they must sell a lot of tickets, so the person before me or after me could have been the winner anyway, or I might have used my own numbers instead of a quick pick.  I just shrugged and said "maybe it's not my time."  Then I started to think about "was I getting signs and not listening to them? I mean, why was I walking around a huge supermarket in a daze and not finding a thing to eat and ended up with a cheesy bean & rice burrito?

So, how do you feel when "the other guy" who filled up or stopped at 7-11 or stood in line at your local market wins?  Happy? Resentful? Frustrated? Confused?

GREAT for this winner>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>JXP????????

BUT,..........................what happenedendummmmmmto PUBLIX????

thought u stopped'd dar most of UR time>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

only a "psykomo"

would ADDMITttttttttttt TO buying a-ah whattcha MOE >>QP<<anyway?????

lol............................

U2 know's..............who

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
              Zeta Reticuli Star System
              United States
              Member #30470
              January 17, 2006
              10344 Posts
              Posted: November 29, 2007, 6:27 pm - IP Logged

I only voted other because my vote would have been both the first two and the fourth option. 

Good for the winner, why wasn't it me, and maybe I'll be next.

You do have to wonder though, was it destined that the next person to buy a ticket from that place wins, or was it destined that the person playing the ticket would have won regardless of where they bought it?  

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

TheGameGrl's avatar - character catafly.jpg
                A long and winding road
                United States
                Member #17084
                June 10, 2005
                4523 Posts
                Posted: November 29, 2007, 6:38 pm - IP Logged

I chose Option1 with the clause that the winner could have been a she and I would have been just as happy!

During the millionaire raffle my regular store that I stop by sold two 10k winners and 5 $1000 winners, so that store did well! I do get upset though that my earned money isnt good enough to draw in some winners.  Seems I give more then I receive. At some point karma needs to balance that out :)

~~Is it true, Is it kind,Is it necessary. ~~~

Thanks be to the giving numbers: 1621,912,119 02014

justxploring's avatar - villiarna
                  Wandering Aimlessly
                  United States
                  Member #25360
                  November 5, 2005
                  4461 Posts
                  Posted: November 29, 2007, 7:12 pm - IP Logged

I chose Option1 with the clause that the winner could have been a she and I would have been just as happy!

During the millionaire raffle my regular store that I stop by sold two 10k winners and 5 $1000 winners, so that store did well! I do get upset though that my earned money isnt good enough to draw in some winners.  Seems I give more then I receive. At some point karma needs to balance that out :)

GameGrl, I agree about the "she" part, but I always use the generic "he" when I write.  I've done that many times on boards and then people wonder if I'm really female.  Just a habit from the days we were taught to use "he" and "mankind" as gender-neutral in writing.

Psykomo, yes I do go to Publix a lot, but I've also mentioned many times that I try different retailers all the time.  I also buy tickets at Sweetbay, Sunoco and 7-11.  Albertson's is next to the dollar store so I'll walk over to Albertson's if I'm at that shopping center or if I'm at Target which is located on the same strip.  It's also the big "season" here and it will get even more crowded after Christmas, so I'll usually buy tickets wherever there isn't a long line or if I stop for gas.  If I have my plastic card holder in the car, there's no point in driving to Publix to play.  Lately, however, I have stopped at the Mobil just to buy lottery tickets if I'm passing by anyway.

Lotto City, Michigan
                    United States
                    Member #36256
                    March 30, 2006
                    1472 Posts
                    Posted: November 29, 2007, 7:18 pm - IP Logged

I'd be happy if a woman won. If she bought her ticket, then she has just as much right to win as a man.

tntea's avatar - Lottery-059.jpg

United States
                      Member #5344
                      June 30, 2004
                      23641 Posts
                      Posted: November 29, 2007, 7:49 pm - IP Logged

I'd be happy if a woman won. If she bought her ticket, then she has just as much right to win as a man.

That would be wonderful to see a huge winner win within our store.

One did win the pick 5.. She promised the store some roses.. but never deliver.. oh well...

Others buy us roses for less than that..

OLD/Vtrac   Lottery Bible         Double Warnings      Thumbs Up TN F34/F44

Lotto City, Michigan
                        United States
                        Member #36256
                        March 30, 2006
                        1472 Posts
                        Posted: November 29, 2007, 9:15 pm - IP Logged

Well I hope that "huge winner" is YOU.

Good Luck! Thumbs Up

KyMystikal's avatar - 1457224010054
                          Florence, Alabama
                          United States
                          Member #8658
                          November 13, 2004
                          1993 Posts
                          Posted: November 30, 2007, 4:04 am - IP Logged

That would be wonderful to see a huge winner win within our store.

One did win the pick 5.. She promised the store some roses.. but never deliver.. oh well...

Others buy us roses for less than that..

I give tips usually when I win but they aren't much, maybe $5.00 or $10.00. Somethimes I may even buy them a lottery ticket. My wife doesn't want me giving them a tip because she says it their job. Sometimes I call my numbers in especially if I'm at work and can't come play by the time they draw the numbers and I give them a tip. I had to explain to my wife that that isn't their job to do that, so they are going out of their way to  accomodate me. Then she says, " Well if they played your tickets and won, how do you know they will give you your winning ticket or say they didn't have time to play?"  To answer that I tell her "TRUST". If they trust me to call in numbers to play and come in and pay them even if they don't win, then I trust them to play my tickets and give me them if they are winners. I guess you could say that when I give them a tip from calling in my numbers I am actually just paying them to be honest. I have had some bad experiences with calling in too. One time I called in some numbers to play 66 "all" boxed and the new girl messed up the tickets and played half of them straight. I didn't get mad at her because it was a honest mistake that a new person could make. She went down the list boxed 660, 661, 662, 663, 664, 665, and 666. In order to play the 666 she had to change the machine to straight to play it and when she continued with the rest of the numbers she forgot to change it back to boxed. The number came out 766 and I thought I had it because I told her to play them boxed but I had 667 straight because she had forgot to change it back to boxed. When I picked up my tickets I seen what she had done and told her what had happened because she couldn't figure out why it had happened like that. She told me she was sorry and I was happy with that because it could have happened to anyone, new or old clerk.

I love doubles and remember, it's just a game!!!!!!

Lotto City, Michigan
                            United States
                            Member #36256
                            March 30, 2006
                            1472 Posts
                            Posted: November 30, 2007, 5:31 am - IP Logged

That's why I always fill out the bet slips. 

Whitewater
                              Singapore
                              Member #56672
                              November 29, 2007
                              12 Posts
                              Posted: December 1, 2007, 3:19 am - IP Logged

Hi justxploring,

Not to worry too much.

Yr luck will come one day.

Just have to be patient.

The day will come and you're wonder why ????

Cos, it's yr turn, mate.

Good luck and have a nice and lucky week ahead.

:-)