Welcome Guest
You last visited December 5, 2016, 9:46 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Local Winners

Topic closed. 28 replies. Last post 9 years ago by Coin Toss.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink

How do you feel when your regular store sells a winning ticket?

Good for the winner! I'm happy for him. [ 28 ]  [50.00%]
Shoot! Why didn't I win? [ 7 ]  [12.50%]
I'm never buying any more tickets! [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
Maybe I'll be the winner next time. [ 16 ]  [28.57%]
I'm going somewhere else! [ 2 ]  [3.57%]
Other, explain. [ 3 ]  [5.36%]
Total Valid Votes [ 56 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 1 ]  
ThatScaryChick's avatar - x1MqPuM
Idaho
United States
Member #56506
November 21, 2007
6537 Posts
Posted: December 1, 2007, 2:46 pm - IP Logged

I have like 4 regular stores I visit. LOL I can't say I feel jealous when someone else has won at one of them, because I don't even know them. I actually kind of like seeing that someone has won because it makes me feel that maybe the place is a bit luckier. No it doesn't make sense, but I definitely wouldn't stop buying tickets at the store just because someone else won there.

Uff Da!'s avatar - InCelebration 001.jpg
    Washington State
    United States
    Member #33973
    February 26, 2006
    347 Posts
    Posted: December 1, 2007, 2:57 pm - IP Logged

Since I pick my own numbers, it makes no difference where I play the numbers would be the same.  When I lose I have only myself to blame but I only accept the responsibility and none of the blame.

Ditto

Litebets27's avatar - power
      Maryland
      United States
      Member #10465
      January 14, 2005
      6065 Posts
      Posted: December 2, 2007, 10:31 am - IP Logged

The store where I usually play has had several big wins, mostly on a States level in most recent years. Several years ago there was one $250,000.00 megamillion winner. The store has had top multimatch, scratch off, keno and racetrax wins.

I always feel good and happy for the winners, and when I congratulate them they always say politely, YOUR NEXT. Yeah right.

Everytimes when I'm playing for a top prize I will think of what they say about my time as a winner coming soon. Then when I don't win I think, 'what did I do wrong?' "Did I jinks myself?" Then I think, "how silly, it's just not my time to win."

Then I work on my stats.

litebets

Feeling,  PRICELESS!!!Banana

Come on Jackpot!!!

Lotterologist's avatar - lightbulb
        Lotto City, Michigan
        United States
        Member #36256
        March 30, 2006
        1472 Posts
        Posted: December 2, 2007, 11:07 am - IP Logged

I always want EVERYONE to win...that includes ME! Thumbs Up

United States
          Member #56608
          November 26, 2007
          39 Posts
          Posted: December 3, 2007, 11:53 pm - IP Logged

justxploring is ignoring my PM.

nanolike's avatar - pink2
            WorldWide
            United States
            Member #55215
            September 18, 2007
            76 Posts
            Posted: December 13, 2007, 9:03 pm - IP Logged

Last night my regular gas station where I usually fill up sold a winning Fantasy 5 ticket.  It was quick pick.  I admit that I bought my Lotto tickets at Albertson's Wedneday evening, but for some reason I couldn't make up my mind what I wanted for dinner.  So I drove to Taco Bell which is directly across the street from the Mobil station.  I glanced over and then said "Nah, I already spent $4 tonight.  I am already way over my monthly budget." 

When I saw the news release today, I said "OMG! What if I had just turned into that Mobil?"  On the other hand, they must sell a lot of tickets, so the person before me or after me could have been the winner anyway, or I might have used my own numbers instead of a quick pick.  I just shrugged and said "maybe it's not my time."  Then I started to think about "was I getting signs and not listening to them? I mean, why was I walking around a huge supermarket in a daze and not finding a thing to eat and ended up with a cheesy bean & rice burrito?

So, how do you feel when "the other guy" who filled up or stopped at 7-11 or stood in line at your local market wins?  Happy? Resentful? Frustrated? Confused?

I dont want to sound like a negitive but what if you did go over get a ticket and won and something bad happened after you won like you bought a loved one a fast car and they took a turn to fast in it and ended up dying. How would you have felt about winning then?

Now I could come up with a thousand reasons why it is good that you did not win but unfortunately there are others who will not agree. Maybe what you are presently going through is not all bad, try not to take it out on others. You dont want to do anything stupid because you are in some state of mind thinking you would have been the winner "if only" and now feeling depressed.

The IF ONLY! can really drag you down. There will be other times and moments. Dont try and prove anything with this "so called Missed opportunity" instead just keep going on about life keep yourself happy and do the things that make you happy, what are your hobbies? Keep doing those things and other things that make you happy. If a moment arrives again in your life where you get a hunch go for it then.

But dont let this one moment of "if only I'd have played at this mobil station I'd have won" get you down.

It could be a trick of the devil trying to drag you down trying to make you feel bad about yourself, trying to get you to listen to the depression instead of living life.

Dont give into all that! Ok! 

You are still a LUCKY person!

It's a NanoLike World!

psykomo's avatar - animal shark.jpg

United States
              Member #4877
              May 30, 2004
              5120 Posts
              Posted: December 13, 2007, 10:44 pm - IP Logged

I dont want to sound like a negitive but what if you did go over get a ticket and won and something bad happened after you won like you bought a loved one a fast car and they took a turn to fast in it and ended up dying. How would you have felt about winning then?

Now I could come up with a thousand reasons why it is good that you did not win but unfortunately there are others who will not agree. Maybe what you are presently going through is not all bad, try not to take it out on others. You dont want to do anything stupid because you are in some state of mind thinking you would have been the winner "if only" and now feeling depressed.

The IF ONLY! can really drag you down. There will be other times and moments. Dont try and prove anything with this "so called Missed opportunity" instead just keep going on about life keep yourself happy and do the things that make you happy, what are your hobbies? Keep doing those things and other things that make you happy. If a moment arrives again in your life where you get a hunch go for it then.

But dont let this one moment of "if only I'd have played at this mobil station I'd have won" get you down.

It could be a trick of the devil trying to drag you down trying to make you feel bad about yourself, trying to get you to listen to the depression instead of living life.

Dont give into all that! Ok! 

You are still a LUCKY person!

nano>>>>>>>nano>>>>>>>>>Great >>>>>>>>>>>STORY^^^^

YOU could write for HOLLYW@@D...........and make a lotto money 2!

Change the storyline around a BIT and let it RIP out the hearts of D

pur sucker's who will watch the VIEW and let you make the mony if

YOU can spin the TALE like CNN....(DO's)...are you ready like...........

YOU hungry this rainey friday nite and decided to drive to the local

PUBLIX store to get summin to eat,......but on the way down to de

stoe you picked up a stranger who tapped on your window as U

were getting ready to put the peddle to the metal on your new to

you but,..............a 1990 YOGO that you had just made your LAST!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!YIP^^^^^YIP^^^^^^EEEEEEEPAYMENT (YOGO payed)

WITH much pride you tell the stranger about the great gas miles

you get from the little YOGO and THEY thanked you for pick'in em

up in the YOGO on this wet and rainey nite...BUT now insist YOU

stop at the next gas station so they can buy a jackpot quick-pic!

So what do you do??????????????????????????????????????????

YOU stopped......STRANGER buy's QP......get's back in you car

and demands you take him to the WINN DIXIE store cause "he"

will never go into a Publix cause only RICH people shop there!!!!!

(as a writer of this story......WE insist on LOUD MUSIC>>

NOW^^^^^^^^^^^to wake the BUMB's UP)!!

because, you are a G@@D person......you agree to drive five extra

miles down the road past your favorite, most favorite store, YES...

the PUBLIX store............................................................ to get this

stranger you picked-up to his favorite WINN DIXIE store who just

thanked you for stopping at the 7-11 gas store cause he knew the

WINN DIXIE store shut down their lottery terminal every nite early

because, the WD store manager was LAZY & goes home.....early! 

(TURN the music up louer........>>>>please>>>>sad part cumming) 

REMEMBER:

the 7-11........store>>>>yes you pull out of the 7-11 store and you

are making a LEFT-HAND>>>>TURN into, on lot's of traffic and a

very "BRIGHT STAR" fade's out UR vision &

YOU suddenly REMEMBER^^^^^^^^^^^^xxmzasxmasyesXMAS

YES>>it is>> the "NIGHT before CHRISTMAS"

now you hear a LOUD BANG^^

the..........stranger whisper's something in youe ear.....*********

it sounded LIKE HE SAID>>>WE have just been"HIT"

BY the..DAMMED OLD TRAIN!

Big Grin SantaNoel  Big Grin Santa                                                 Jack-in-the-Box     merry xmas

tntea's avatar - Lottery-059.jpg

United States
                Member #5344
                June 30, 2004
                23641 Posts
                Posted: December 13, 2007, 10:58 pm - IP Logged

justxploring is ignoring my PM.

why are your telling us?

OLD/Vtrac   Lottery Bible         Double Warnings      Thumbs Up TN F34/F44

justxploring's avatar - villiarna
                  Wandering Aimlessly
                  United States
                  Member #25360
                  November 5, 2005
                  4461 Posts
                  Posted: December 14, 2007, 6:14 pm - IP Logged

Thanks tntea.  I just saw this post.  I thought the rules were never to discuss a PM.  The "P" stands for private.  But since he opened the door... (as they say on Law & Order!) this person sent me an email soliciting some kind of system (I can't remember exactly, but I deleted it)  The same way I tear up all the junk mail I get at home or the spam I get in my email, I got rid of it.  There's nothing else going on here.

Wandering Aimlessly
                    United States
                    Member #25360
                    November 5, 2005
                    4461 Posts
                    Posted: December 14, 2007, 6:35 pm - IP Logged

Nano writes:  "I dont want to sound like a negitive but what if you did go over get a ticket and won and something bad happened after you won like you bought a loved one a fast car and they took a turn to fast in it and ended up dying. How would you have felt about winning then?"

You are taking that proverbial mole hill and making a mountain out of it.  I never wrote that I was depressed or angy or have a problem when someone else wins.  If I did, I would on heavy medication or living in a mental health facility, since people have been winning every day for many years. Also, all cars are"fast cars" if the driver is exceeding the speed limit. A Corvette isn't any more dangerous than a Civic. With some exceptions, accidents are caused by people, not cars. (Anyway, you don't have to win the lottery to buy someone a car.) When you give a gift, you aren't responsible for what that person does with it unless he/she is a child.  Of course I would feel terrible if a loved one died in an accident, but your analogy is ridiculous. I guess that means we should never give anyone a cell phone because he might be talking on it and walk into traffic or fall down the stairs.  Make sure you never give anyone power tools! 

You should work for CNN or FOX. 

Actual event:  4 year old Suzie kisses 5 year old Billy in the nursery school playground.  He gets embarrassed and pushes her into the sandbox.  She yells "Billy has cooties. nya, nya" Other children giggle and start chasing each other around the swings.

11:00 headlines:  Violence erupts at daycare center!   

Wandering Aimlessly
                      United States
                      Member #25360
                      November 5, 2005
                      4461 Posts
                      Posted: December 14, 2007, 6:39 pm - IP Logged

Thanks tntea.  I just saw this post.  I thought the rules were never to discuss a PM.  The "P" stands for private.  But since he opened the door... (as they say on Law & Order!) this person sent me an email soliciting some kind of system (I can't remember exactly, but I deleted it)  The same way I tear up all the junk mail I get at home or the spam I get in my email, I got rid of it.  There's nothing else going on here.

I wrote:   this person sent me an email

I meant "Private Message" not email.  I wanted to correct this right away, since I don't want to get a reply saying "I never send you an email." I don't show my email in my profile any more.  As far as I am concerned, the matter is closed (since it never was open for discussion in the first place)  Actually, I wish I could go back and edit or delete this message. 

Hey, it's Friday.  Good luck everyone!!  Smiley

LuckyLilly's avatar - savy chick.png

United States
                        Member #50124
                        February 26, 2007
                        601 Posts
                        Posted: December 14, 2007, 7:00 pm - IP Logged

I wrote:   this person sent me an email

I meant "Private Message" not email.  I wanted to correct this right away, since I don't want to get a reply saying "I never send you an email." I don't show my email in my profile any more.  As far as I am concerned, the matter is closed (since it never was open for discussion in the first place)  Actually, I wish I could go back and edit or delete this message. 

Hey, it's Friday.  Good luck everyone!!  Smiley

You won't be getting any replies from him, he's been banned.  Eek

Good luck to you too.  I don't have anything for tonight's drawings and only one ticket for the PB tomorrow.  Gotta make up for all the $$$ I spent on raffle tickets doncha know.  Clown

chasingadream's avatar - Archangel 01.jpg

United States
                          Member #38687
                          May 3, 2006
                          315 Posts
                          Posted: December 14, 2007, 11:39 pm - IP Logged

I'm always happy for winners. I like people and wish the best for everybody! Smile

I Agree!

Oogle  waiting patiently for my jackpot

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
                            Zeta Reticuli Star System
                            United States
                            Member #30470
                            January 17, 2006
                            10348 Posts
                            Posted: December 15, 2007, 12:15 am - IP Logged

justxploring

"

You should work for CNN or FOX. 

Actual event:  4 year old Suzie kisses 5 year old Billy in the nursery school playground.  He gets embarrassed and pushes her into the sandbox.  She yells "Billy has cooties. nya, nya" Other children giggle and start chasing each other around the swings.

11:00 headlines:  Violence erupts at daycare center!   "

I have to throw this in here......when I was stationed in Korea after every field problem we had to burn all the maps we had used (so the North Koreans or their spies didn;t get a hold of them, etc...)

Well, one time another guy and I drew map burning detail, and for some reason a Master Segeant didn;t like the way we were burning the maps (huh? put them in a barrell, light the fire - oh well!)

Well this guy chews us out, screams, yells, rants, raves and what have you. One of those scenes where soembody works themself up into a lather and then the veins on their neck are popping and their mouth is moving but no sounds are coming out.

Well, the guy on the detail with me was one cool cookie, but this day he even out did himself.

Where the mormal reaction would have been to yell right back at this Master sergeant, this guy looks at home and says:

"Sarge, calm down. The way you're telling the story 20 years from now our picture will be in some textbook and the caption under it will say:

"These two soldiers pictured above burning maps after a field problem in the Republic of Korea were personally responsible for the demise of U.S. influence in the Pacific."

The Master Sergeant just walked away talking to himself.

Green laugh

Another time, the same guy wsas approached by Hare Krishnas in an airport and when they asked for a donation, he asked them "How many units of the "green energy" would you consider appropriate?"

LuckyLilly

Re: banned. Dang, a day earlier and I would have won the pool! 

nanolike

Of course, the late Kurt Vonnegut Jr would tell us "that moment in time was just structured that way...and it will always be structured that way."

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.