Welcome Guest
You last visited December 9, 2016, 5:30 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

You Just Won $10,000 or More

Topic closed. 18 replies. Last post 9 years ago by colthmn.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink

Does/would winning $10,000 or $25,000 change how you play the lottery?

I have won, and I quit playing [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
I have won, and didn't change how I play [ 22 ]  [35.48%]
I have won and now I use the money to play more [ 2 ]  [3.23%]
I haven't won, but I THINK I'd quit playing [ 2 ]  [3.23%]
I haven't won, but I THINK I'd play the same [ 34 ]  [54.84%]
I haven't won, but I THINK I'd use it to play more [ 2 ]  [3.23%]
Total Valid Votes [ 62 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 1 ]  
KyMystikal's avatar - 1457224010054
Florence, Alabama
United States
Member #8658
November 13, 2004
1993 Posts
Posted: December 15, 2007, 5:29 pm - IP Logged

10Grand isn't anything to change anyone's life over.

One's goal should be not to let your account go below 10 Grand at any one time.  You never know when you might need a pick'me up ... You never know what one's life will deal..

6 months or more of your salary should be kept on reserve... JUST IN CASE...

I Agree! 

The first thing that came to my mind was Dave Ramsey when I read this, but the statement is the truth.

I love doubles and remember, it's just a game!!!!!!

United States
    Member #3222
    January 4, 2004
    80 Posts
    Posted: December 15, 2007, 6:53 pm - IP Logged

I hope you win it tonight if you are playing pb.. 

Thanks tntea, in NY we’ve got the Mega Millions. It’s currently up to a $163 million, what a Christmas gift that would be. :)

United States
      Member #56869
      December 7, 2007
      6 Posts
      Posted: December 17, 2007, 9:50 pm - IP Logged

In the immediate future I would quit playing. I think after winning that much I'd be focused on what I'm going to do with the money; going out and picking up more tickets would be the last thing on my mind. I think after the thrill had been subsided and the money spent or allotted, I'd probably start playing just the same as I had been.

If I hit the Mega Millions, however ($163m tomorrow night, go me!), I'd probably never buy a lottery ticket again. With that kind of incomprehsible luck befalling me, I just wouldn't bother pushing my luck anymore, even at $1. Just take it, run, be happy.  Not to detract from the original poster's question, but does anyone else have thoughts on whether you'd continue to play if you won the big one? 

colthmn's avatar - Lottery-028.jpg
        Inglewood
        United States
        Member #41769
        June 22, 2006
        122 Posts
        Posted: December 17, 2007, 11:18 pm - IP Logged

In the immediate future I would quit playing. I think after winning that much I'd be focused on what I'm going to do with the money; going out and picking up more tickets would be the last thing on my mind. I think after the thrill had been subsided and the money spent or allotted, I'd probably start playing just the same as I had been.

If I hit the Mega Millions, however ($163m tomorrow night, go me!), I'd probably never buy a lottery ticket again. With that kind of incomprehsible luck befalling me, I just wouldn't bother pushing my luck anymore, even at $1. Just take it, run, be happy.  Not to detract from the original poster's question, but does anyone else have thoughts on whether you'd continue to play if you won the big one? 

Well, Lukin I don't believe I would continue to play it's just too much greed in that! I'd like to see someone else get a piece of the action. Besides I'd be too busy trying to watch over my $75Mil

So much to do so little time!!! But wouldn't it be nice to have that problem?