Welcome Guest
You last visited December 6, 2016, 4:42 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

How i feel:If Todd was to charge $1/month..

Topic closed. 52 replies. Last post 9 years ago by pumpi76.

Page 1 of 4
PrintE-mailLink

Honduras
Member #20982
August 29, 2005
4715 Posts
Posted: December 2, 2007, 11:07 pm - IP Logged

I was thinking about something..LIke how i said before today i was thinking about how Todd was doing financially...And i thought a great idea that could help...If he ever decides to go this route..

I heard there are 50,000 members here at LP...If Todd was to charge each one of them 1 dollar per month and let it charge automatically to the credit card every month, then Todd would be making 50,000 DOLLARS PER MONTH..Right now i don't think Todd makes that kind of money...And in 2 years Todd will be a MILLIONAIRE....hurrahhh...And by Todd being a millionaire he can and could afford to advertise LP more, i mean advertising LP to new levels or new environments...

And i mean if you CAN'T AFFORD 1 dollar a month then i feel there is seriously something wrong with you...

Let's make it more interesting...If Todd was to charge 0.50 cents per month per member he will make 25,000 A MONTH...If Todd was to charge 0.25 cents per month per member, he will be making 12,000 A MONTH...LOL...LMAO....But let's make it more interesting...If Todd was to charge 0.12 cents a month membership per member, todd will be making 6,000 dollars a month....And if you can't afford 0.12 cents PER MONTH...The definately SOMETHING IS SERIOUSLY WRONG WITH YOU...And anyway you LOOK AT IT, TODD WILL BE MAKING NICE MONEY...

But if they say well if you start charging 1 dollar LP may not have as many members as it has right now...Let's go back to the 1 dollar a month membership charge...Even if Todd had 25,000 members (half of what it has now), then he would be making 25,000 a month...And the great thing about this is that we all will all be enjoying the Vtracks, wheels and other stuff you enjoy when you become a platinum or gold member...Ask yourself who makes 25,000 a month in the U.S..

But i feel before they do that they need to modify the Blog section...One suggestion i had was to make the blogs be able to be modified and not permanent after 20 minutes, and make the blog section bigger...To make them more colorful...

One problem that may arise is that there will be people who don't have a credit card or can get one...

Guys, after reading this tell me what do you all think? Isn't a great idea to charge all the member 0.12 cents a month?LOL....: D : )...Tell me what do you think...I mean is just an idea...

"More important than winning all of the states' lotteries is the movie "Red Planet"......"

Honduras
    Member #20982
    August 29, 2005
    4715 Posts
    Posted: December 2, 2007, 11:30 pm - IP Logged

By getting 50,000 a month, Todd could afford to advertise on Newspapers maybe all acrross the country or on key states and maybe internationally...

I mean is just an idea....

"More important than winning the states' lotteries is the movie "Red Planet.."....."

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
      Chief Bottle Washer
      New Jersey
      United States
      Member #1
      May 31, 2000
      23262 Posts
      Posted: December 3, 2007, 1:39 am - IP Logged

It can be fun to dream about stuff like that.  Heck, if everyone wants to chip in a buck that's fine with me, but that's just one of those things that's fun to dream about.

The blogs will be getting some attention sometime upcoming.  In addition to the things you mentioned, I'll also be adding external comments, so premium members can have anyone post a comment, whether they're logged in or not.  (Or they can disable anonymous comments.)

Check the State Lottery Report Card
      What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
      Help eliminate computerized drawings!

Honduras
        Member #20982
        August 29, 2005
        4715 Posts
        Posted: December 5, 2007, 3:28 am - IP Logged

Or Todd could charge 0.50 cents per month for a platinum membership and 1 dollar for the gold membership..That way there will be more players joining it, more than just charging 10 dollars to one person...

Think about it...If you was to set up the premium (platinum or gold membership) to 1 dollar per month, you would have gotten a lot of members joining...For every gold member you would have gotten 20 times as much people joining...And he could then charge 0.25 cents a month for each member...I am sure for 0.25 cents a month everyone will join...

Option #1: Charging 1 person 10 dollars a month and getting a few people to join as gold members because they are too economical and they don't want to spend 10 dollars a month..

Option #2: Getting 20 people for each gold member because to become a gold member and enjoy the benefits of it only costs 1 dollar...

Another thing i forgot to mention and i feel LP should integrate is the following in the prediction board: They should make room for other kinds of predictions..Predictions not only involve "regular numbers"...There are different things one can predict about the lottery such as the: "Fives" [fives is dividing the range of the game into 5 groups such as 1-5; 6-10; 11-15; 16-20 etc], The Ending digits, The sums; The root sums, the 10's [same as five but in 10's], starting digits [opposite of ending digits] etc, etc...I swear this will make LP so much better and cool to come at..

Honduras
          Member #20982
          August 29, 2005
          4715 Posts
          Posted: December 5, 2007, 4:36 am - IP Logged

I for example want to make predictions but i want to make the "Fives" predictions and the sums but i can't...

I know that predicting "regular" numbers is Astronomically going against the rules of Nature..I believe there are smart ways to predict...Look at PIck5/35 (or South Dakota Wild Card2), if you look at the Fives" there are lots of times when you will not predict Five 5's but instead you will predict Four 5's, making it 20 numbers..And whenever you get those correct, there is a wheel that will give you 25 3/5 if 5 in 20 numbers..But because the range is not that big you are more likely to get 1 or 2 4/5 Along with getting the Sums correct...All you will have to do is switch/adjust the numbers so that they accomodate or give you that particular sum total you are predicting and game is over..You got yourself multiples jackpot winnings..And I once found a big pattern on how to get the sums correct (look at it it was for PIck6/42 not for pick5, yet i think maybe i could find it again for PIck5)...

Think of it as steering someone on the right path..

The tricky part is predicting the Fives correctly but i've seen and do see some patterns on it..

JADELottery's avatar - MeAtWork 03.PNG
            The Quantum Master
            West Concord, MN
            United States
            Member #21
            December 7, 2001
            3675 Posts
            Posted: December 5, 2007, 4:45 am - IP Logged

Be careful how you approach this. This kind of thing can easily fall victim to the 'Lemonade Standing Effect' and it can have a detrimental effect on any business. The Lemonade Standing Effect is related to the basic idea of children setting up a Lemonade Stand in hopes of starting a little business. We'll neglect the argument over whether or not they should be actually asking for a donation or charging a price. Were taking about years ago when people weren't getting little kids in trouble for charging a price. Back then, children would setup shop and maybe charge 5¢ per cup. After a few sales, the minds began churning. I've done this, so I know. They start thinking, what if we sold 10 cups? That would be 50¢ profit, never mind the supplies, we were just kids. Then they think again, what if we sold a 100 cups? That's $5.00 bucks, wow... by the end of the day we had a projected revenue of $5.5 billion and we were ready to take our company public early next week.

The reasons the company fail is many, but the most important thing to understand is it ok to dream about big sales and revenue, but they also have to fall in line with reality. This is why most subscription based businesses fail. They have big dreams, but they don't understand the reality of the business. Subscription based businesses are mostly dependant on expendable income. The income most people have to play around with. However, everyone and their Grandmother wants a piece of that and there is only just so much that can go around. When push comes to shove, people will drop the subscription they can live without, if they don't have the money. The overall economy can also affect this, as the economy in general dips, so will subscription based businesses.

Right now, the Lottery Post has the best of both worlds, subscription and free. I don't see a plus other than higher revenue for the Lottery Post, this may only be a quick fix for short term profit. Think Carefully before making that decision.

Presented 'AS IS' and for Entertainment Purposes Only.
            Any gain or loss is your responsibility.
            Use at your own risk.

Order is a Subset of Chaos
            Knowledge is Beyond Belief
            Wisdom is Not Censored
            Douglas Paul Smallish
            Jehocifer

MegaWinner's avatar - Lottery-029.jpg
              New Jersey
              United States
              Member #50273
              March 3, 2007
              348 Posts
              Posted: December 5, 2007, 8:38 am - IP Logged

And to add to what Jade said, people prefer free over pay ANYDAY of the week.  It doesn't matter if he charged 1 penny per year, people do not like paying for something they can get free elsewhere.  Not only that, people do not like putting their real personal information out there online because of the prevalance of identity theft.  Furthermore, not everyone has credit cards or the ones they do have could be maxed out.

If he were to charge, i'd pay, but I am willing to be that his 50,000 member roll would shrink overnight to less than 15,000.  

I'm telling you, people don't like paying for something they can get for free, and forums are all over the i-net.  If I were him, i'd start an aggressive google adsense campaign or make the one he has more aggresive.

Sun Smiley I got my fingers crossed ready to win!!! Sun Smiley

Honduras
                Member #20982
                August 29, 2005
                4715 Posts
                Posted: December 5, 2007, 5:57 pm - IP Logged

What does anyone think about the prediction part i am suggesting Todd put on LP...Like how i said on Pick5 there will be several Five 5's but specificially in South Dakota and everywhere Wild Card 2 game is played you will see A MAJOR amout of draws with Four 5's..That will give a major pattern, plus there will be lots of close shot (close aim)...

Just imagine if someone was to give you a group of 20 number and give you the instructions on how to weave those numbers (because they follow a  certain pattern of weaving)...And if they use a wheel i created years ago, they will get many, yes that's MANY 4/5, but i don't know if there is a software that can create my wheel for it has to be a custom software to do it..But i can leave instructions on how to do the wheels....And the wheel is size 20...

I've been wanting to hit South Dakota's Wild Card2 for a very long time...Not hit personally to predict it correct, over and over...

4thquarterbabe's avatar - Lottery-002.jpg
                  Detroit, Michigan
                  United States
                  Member #45629
                  August 25, 2006
                  455 Posts
                  Posted: December 5, 2007, 6:03 pm - IP Logged

pumpi, since you are so concerned about todds financial position, you should be a platinum member by now. that  $71.55 a year or $7.95 a month will surely help out a bit. don't you think. i am beginng to think that you are a busy body or someone that likes to keep controversy going. Relay buddy and enjoy the site. i am sure todd knows how to handle his site and his business affairs. if he feel the need to change or increase rates, it is his pregrogavtive to do so. Again, you set the example, put up  or shut up! The next time i see your name, i need to see platinum under it to take you serious.

As the world turns, so does luck, believe and it shall return to you!! Let the party BEGIN!!

Party

Honduras
                    Member #20982
                    August 29, 2005
                    4715 Posts
                    Posted: December 5, 2007, 6:18 pm - IP Logged

pumpi, since you are so concerned about todds financial position, you should be a platinum member by now. that  $71.55 a year or $7.95 a month will surely help out a bit. don't you think. i am beginng to think that you are a busy body or someone that likes to keep controversy going. Relay buddy and enjoy the site. i am sure todd knows how to handle his site and his business affairs. if he feel the need to change or increase rates, it is his pregrogavtive to do so. Again, you set the example, put up  or shut up! The next time i see your name, i need to see platinum under it to take you serious.

I live in Panama right now and i don't have a credit card nor can i get one...Right now i am working on it but because we are with the the Christmast hassle i haven't been unable to do it..

I am also concerned with the prediction i recomended to Todd...what does everyone think?

Honduras
                      Member #20982
                      August 29, 2005
                      4715 Posts
                      Posted: December 5, 2007, 6:31 pm - IP Logged

also 4thquartebabe, i became a gold member already, i came to the conclusion that i didn't like the benefits i was getting as a gold member nor platinum member (sorry to say it), so i don't see why i should be paying 10 dollars monthly for something i am not going to use or enjoy...What i use and like the most about LP is the blogs and the forums and the news and the predictions...And i feel i should be charged for using them and to me 0.50 to 1.00 a month seens like the correct charge...If i become a gold member that's not going to help a lot to struggling Todd...If he was to charge 0.25 cents a months to all its member; now that will help greatly Todd...

And i was just suggesting something, something i think todd didn't thought about..

Honduras
                        Member #20982
                        August 29, 2005
                        4715 Posts
                        Posted: December 5, 2007, 6:36 pm - IP Logged

also 4thquartebabe, i became a gold member already, i came to the conclusion that i didn't like the benefits i was getting as a gold member nor platinum member (sorry to say it), so i don't see why i should be paying 10 dollars monthly for something i am not going to use or enjoy...What i use and like the most about LP is the blogs and the forums and the news and the predictions...And i feel i should be charged for using them and to me 0.50 to 1.00 a month seens like the correct charge...If i become a gold member that's not going to help a lot to struggling Todd...If he was to charge 0.25 cents a months to all its member; now that will help greatly Todd...

And i was just suggesting something, something i think todd didn't thought about..

anyways i am more concern with the prediction board i recomended to Todd but no one seems to be talking about it...That way i can concentrate on making predictions and less on discussion forums.....I want us to be able to make different kinds of predictions beside "regular" numbers prediction...

tntea's avatar - Lottery-059.jpg

United States
                          Member #5344
                          June 30, 2004
                          23641 Posts
                          Posted: December 5, 2007, 9:47 pm - IP Logged

It can be fun to dream about stuff like that.  Heck, if everyone wants to chip in a buck that's fine with me, but that's just one of those things that's fun to dream about.

The blogs will be getting some attention sometime upcoming.  In addition to the things you mentioned, I'll also be adding external comments, so premium members can have anyone post a comment, whether they're logged in or not.  (Or they can disable anonymous comments.)

Oh, I sure hope the vtrac search page comes before blog improvements... We sure need additions to the vtrac system

OLD/Vtrac   Lottery Bible         Double Warnings      Thumbs Up TN F34/F44

time*treat's avatar - radar

United States
                            Member #13130
                            March 30, 2005
                            2171 Posts
                            Posted: December 5, 2007, 9:57 pm - IP Logged

anyways i am more concern with the prediction board i recomended to Todd but no one seems to be talking about it...That way i can concentrate on making predictions and less on discussion forums.....I want us to be able to make different kinds of predictions beside "regular" numbers prediction...

Another thing i forgot to mention and i feel LP should integrate is the following in the prediction board: They should make room for other kinds of predictions..Predictions not only involve "regular numbers"...There are different things one can predict about the lottery such as the: "Fives" [fives is dividing the range of the game into 5 groups such as 1-5; 6-10; 11-15; 16-20 etc], The Ending digits, The sums; The root sums, the 10's [same as five but in 10's], starting digits [opposite of ending digits] etc, etc...I swear this will make LP so much better and cool to come at..

Since you asked: This "idea" should be taken behind the woodshed and bludgeoned to death with a dull axe. The prediction board is for specifics and already has enough "generalities".

In neo-conned Amerika, bank robs you.
                            Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms should be the name of a convenience store, not a govnoment agency.

four4me's avatar - gate1
                              MD
                              United States
                              Member #1701
                              June 18, 2003
                              8360 Posts
                              Posted: December 5, 2007, 10:39 pm - IP Logged

pumpi wrote: That way i can concentrate on making predictions and less on discussion forums.....I want us to be able to make different kinds of predictions beside "regular" numbers prediction...

You have been a member for almost 2 1/2 years and have talked a lot about predictions of every kind shape and fashion. However as of yet you haven't made one single prediction on the prediction boards. The rest of us are fine with the fact that we can predict actual predictions for whatever state/country that has lottery drawings listed here on lottery post.

Prediction Statistics for pumpi76

No report available: pumpi76 has not posted any predictions.