Welcome Guest
You last visited December 4, 2016, 11:14 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

System players

Topic closed. 29 replies. Last post 9 years ago by FiLUK.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink

How many system players do we have?

yes, I use a computer/paper and pen [ 42 ]  [87.50%]
no, I just wing it [ 6 ]  [12.50%]
Total Valid Votes [ 48 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 0 ]  
NASHVILLE, TENN
United States
Member #33372
February 20, 2006
1044 Posts
Posted: December 11, 2007, 9:08 pm - IP Logged

I use a computer to lose all my gambling money.  I know there are some of use who use paper and pencil.   Just how many of us use one or the other is the question.  And how many buy Quick Picks, use birthdays ect., or just go the QP route.

Lotterologist's avatar - lightbulb
    Lotto City, Michigan
    United States
    Member #36256
    March 30, 2006
    1472 Posts
    Posted: December 11, 2007, 9:20 pm - IP Logged

I use everything from a pencil and paper to the Hubble Space Telescope. Although I haven't won yet, I will win the big jackpot someday! 

United States
      Member #17555
      June 22, 2005
      5582 Posts
      Posted: December 11, 2007, 9:27 pm - IP Logged

The wheel was invented with nothing but rocks and a chisel (spelling?).

The fastest computer is only as good as the information inputted by a mortal. The only good thing about using a computer is that it can save time in workouts, but at the end of it all the outcome is what counts.

tntea's avatar - Lottery-059.jpg

United States
        Member #5344
        June 30, 2004
        23641 Posts
        Posted: December 11, 2007, 9:42 pm - IP Logged

I am using a pencil paper and chart for lotto 5 and pb...

I have over 20 pools I have created.  I keep a receipt book and each receipt indicates the pool people are in.  It has their name and address/phone number on my duplicate sheet, so I can contact them if new numbers are added.  (Example,  Pool 1 hit the powerball number 3 times.. and the monies went back in to buy Pool1A Pool2B and Pool1C tickets..

Tonight I completed another pool in fifteen minutes while visiting the store.  Everyone immediately got a copy of the numbers and we are set for 10 draws.  It is really exciting.. it sorta hooks you up with people.   Three of the customers, I don't' even know.. What a way it would be to make friends by winning a powerball..

OLD/Vtrac   Lottery Bible         Double Warnings      Thumbs Up TN F34/F44

United States
          Member #3222
          January 4, 2004
          80 Posts
          Posted: December 11, 2007, 10:02 pm - IP Logged

For me it's both. I do some work the old fashioned way with a pencil and paper but much of the hard stuff is done with the computer. In fact the main software I use was one that was purchased in the late 90s and is still as good as anything that's out today for crunching the numbers. The interface could use some work though, maybe it's been updated although the last I knew the website was still showing the same version that I've got.

Btw does anyone know if the old lottery newspaper "Lottery Players Magazine" is still in business? I used to have a subscription to it in the 1990s and it was a wonderful paper but  it's nowhere to be found on the internet and I've got no contact number.

Honduras
            Member #20982
            August 29, 2005
            4715 Posts
            Posted: December 11, 2007, 11:50 pm - IP Logged

I use everything from a pencil and paper to the Hubble Space Telescope. Although I haven't won yet, I will win the big jackpot someday! 

LOL that was funny...(using the Hubble Space telescope part)...

Guru101's avatar - rw6jhh
              Indiana
              United States
              Member #48725
              January 7, 2007
              1953 Posts
              Posted: December 12, 2007, 12:11 am - IP Logged

I have my own coded computer program, and yes, I will win big soon.

Gonna win.Big Smile

lotterybraker's avatar - pyramid
                mississippi
                United States
                Member #34478
                March 3, 2006
                5903 Posts
                Posted: December 12, 2007, 12:09 pm - IP Logged

I am using a pencil paper and chart for lotto 5 and pb...

I have over 20 pools I have created.  I keep a receipt book and each receipt indicates the pool people are in.  It has their name and address/phone number on my duplicate sheet, so I can contact them if new numbers are added.  (Example,  Pool 1 hit the powerball number 3 times.. and the monies went back in to buy Pool1A Pool2B and Pool1C tickets..

Tonight I completed another pool in fifteen minutes while visiting the store.  Everyone immediately got a copy of the numbers and we are set for 10 draws.  It is really exciting.. it sorta hooks you up with people.   Three of the customers, I don't' even know.. What a way it would be to make friends by winning a powerball..

WTG TnTea..I honestly believe this is the way to go if you want to win a big Jackpot....yes..it would be nice to win it by yourself..but you have to consider what kind of odds you are up against in those Jackpot games like Mega Millions and Powerball..lets see here..twice a week..that is 8 times a month...which =96 draws a year..divided by 150 million..let me pull my calculator up..hold one sec..hahaha..lets see if I did that right..1 million and 562 thousand YEARS before every possible combination could show and that is if none repeats and that is not going to happen at all..

So playing in a Pool makes perfect sence..and remember..its better to get SOME...than None!!!

"Attention all Mathematicians: Check your degree at the door because when it comes to whole numbers you are the Amateur"

ThatScaryChick's avatar - x1MqPuM
                  Idaho
                  United States
                  Member #56506
                  November 21, 2007
                  6537 Posts
                  Posted: December 12, 2007, 12:36 pm - IP Logged

I'm a paper and pencil gal and I tend to use a system when choosing my numbers. I don't care much for the quick picks that the computer spits out. However, if I am in a hurry I will sometimes buy quick picks. (But that is rare.)

NASHVILLE, TENN
                    United States
                    Member #33372
                    February 20, 2006
                    1044 Posts
                    Posted: December 12, 2007, 4:22 pm - IP Logged

Thanks for all the replies.  For what I could gather reading the threads, most of us who visit here daily are not system players.  Hence the poll.

So far there have been 222 views and out of those, 25 voted.  Only one person admitted to winging it. 

I can't wait to see what tomorrow brings.

tiggs95's avatar - Lottery-036.jpg

United States
                      Member #47420
                      November 4, 2006
                      3930 Posts
                      Posted: December 12, 2007, 6:53 pm - IP Logged

I believe in dumb luck and not a so called system..That's my opinion..........

tabahan10's avatar - scene sunoverlake.jpg
                        NORTH CAROLINA
                        United States
                        Member #47758
                        November 23, 2006
                        66 Posts
                        Posted: December 12, 2007, 7:04 pm - IP Logged

I've just about completed my time machine. Do I have any volunteers so that I can project them into the future to get the winning numbers ? 

NASHVILLE, TENN
                          United States
                          Member #33372
                          February 20, 2006
                          1044 Posts
                          Posted: December 13, 2007, 9:54 pm - IP Logged

I believe in dumb luck and not a so called system..That's my opinion..........

Tiggs905

I can fully appreciate why you feel that way and I fully respect your opinion.  You are not alone on this forum.  There are many members who feel there is no way to reduce the odds and they are right. 

I am not one of them and here's one reason why.

Take the sum of any P3, P4, or P5 numbers.  There are only two outcomes, either the sum is odd or the sum is even.  If we go no further than this, we have divided the playing field into two halves.  Guessing which half we should be focusing upon is the problem.  To solve this conundrum we track the sum over several draws and, for the next draw, we take our best shot.  We will be wrong at times and we will be right at times.  But the fact is we have divided the playing field in half and we are right x number of times, thus we have "reduced" the odds against us.

Sunny California
                            United States
                            Member #40295
                            May 31, 2006
                            7712 Posts
                            Posted: December 13, 2007, 10:08 pm - IP Logged

Systems all the way! I will never waste my money on quick picks again.

United States
                              Member #3222
                              January 4, 2004
                              80 Posts
                              Posted: December 13, 2007, 11:34 pm - IP Logged

Tiggs905

I can fully appreciate why you feel that way and I fully respect your opinion.  You are not alone on this forum.  There are many members who feel there is no way to reduce the odds and they are right. 

I am not one of them and here's one reason why.

Take the sum of any P3, P4, or P5 numbers.  There are only two outcomes, either the sum is odd or the sum is even.  If we go no further than this, we have divided the playing field into two halves.  Guessing which half we should be focusing upon is the problem.  To solve this conundrum we track the sum over several draws and, for the next draw, we take our best shot.  We will be wrong at times and we will be right at times.  But the fact is we have divided the playing field in half and we are right x number of times, thus we have "reduced" the odds against us.

One thing about systems is making sure to back test extensively to find their averages in hits per number of plays. You mention the odd/even outcome but it works the same in any system and that is once a reliable average is known then in order for it to maintain itself half the time it'll come in at or over the average and the other half at or under it. That comes in handy when developing a progressive wagering setup, depending on the system. It performs especially good for me when working with pairs since the payout isn't that great.