Welcome Guest
You last visited December 4, 2016, 9:15 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Confidence

Topic closed. 23 replies. Last post 9 years ago by Coin Toss.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
Lotterologist's avatar - lightbulb
Lotto City, Michigan
United States
Member #36256
March 30, 2006
1472 Posts
Posted: December 13, 2007, 4:38 pm - IP Logged

Confidence or Defiance?

Defiance: Resistance to an opposing force (The Lottery).

I am confident that using my "Tai Chi Lottery System", I can use the opposing force of the lottery against itself. Cool

For those of you who are martial arts fans, check out Jet Li's film entitled, "Tai Chi Master".

When it comes to the lottery, like Bruce Lee said, "Be like water, my friend". Smile

Omniscient's avatar - Lottery-017.jpg
    Florida
    United States
    Member #46570
    September 14, 2006
    558 Posts
    Posted: December 13, 2007, 5:14 pm - IP Logged

I think saying we hope to win is a wee bit more realisitc - most drawings prove that millions of people who said they can win were wrong. 

And we know that gambling is the workings slob's only real hope of ever making a big score.

Oh- the football coach was Vince Lombardi and what he said was, "Winnig isn't everything, it's the only thing."

Not sure who, but someone said, "Winning isn't everyhting , but losing sure sux." 

Green laugh

I kinda like Ricki Bobbi's dad's version better ... " If your not 1st, your last! "  lol

See full size image                                               

Don't Play more, Play Smarter!

psykomo's avatar - animal shark.jpg

United States
      Member #4877
      May 30, 2004
      5114 Posts
      Posted: December 13, 2007, 5:44 pm - IP Logged

I don't mean confidence in an arrogant way, but what's the point in playing if you don't believe you can win??? Hat

GREAT>>>>>>POST:

I don't mean conidence in an arrogrant, but a PSYKO think's it will

take about a $200.00 a week budget to bring conidence LEVEL

up to a JACKPOT>>>>>>>>win in most people's LIFETIME!!!!!!!!

EXAMPLE:

Someone I know and was in a certain business.............................

spent $200.00 a week for over 2 YEAR'$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

before HE HIT a BIG JACKPOT>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

IT takes money to PLAY with the BIG >>>>>>GUL's & BOUY's!!!!!!

but, & there is a alway's a BUTT (out THERE)!!!!

Don't get mad @ a PSYKOMO>>>>>>>>cause it take's MONEY to WIN!!!!

THAT'$$$$$$$ my message $ I'm STICKING>>>>>>>>TOO-IT>>>>>>

LOL$$$$$$$$$$$ 

Lotto City, Michigan
        United States
        Member #36256
        March 30, 2006
        1472 Posts
        Posted: December 13, 2007, 6:50 pm - IP Logged

Thanks for the info! Thumbs Up It takes money to make money, some people say. 

Kentucky
          United States
          Member #32652
          February 14, 2006
          7297 Posts
          Posted: December 13, 2007, 11:07 pm - IP Logged

I would never say something is impossible if there's a chance of winning, just unlikely if the odds are great. PB and MM have astronomical odds. Our Lotto game is 1:23M so, I recently began to play pick-5 and FL is 1 to 36.   1 in about 370K combinations compared to 146M or 170M sounds much easier to hit, right? If I spend $2 every day ($60 a month) on this one game I will spend more than $720 at the end of the year. That's more than the cost of a new computer or a new TV or several new suits or my annual electric bill. Of course it's only about 16 fill-ups at the tank these days!

Anyway, I took 720 plays and, assuming every day a different combination is drawn (which probably won't be the case over time) it could take more than 500 years for me to win. Yikes. So, although it lowers my chances, I decided that I can't afford another $60 a month and will just spend $1 and skip a few days now & then.

So I guess what I am trying to say is that hope and confidence are great things to have.  We need both of them all the time.  I grew up with little self-esteem, and if I had more confidence in myself, I probably would have gone a lot further in life.  A positive attitude is very important too.  We attract what is in our minds and hearts.  But my fear is that I hear so many people saying they are sure they are going to win, that I truly believe they're banking on it, not putting in whatever effort they need to work, save, live if they never hit.  Maybe I'm wrong or maybe nobody will admit it, but that's the tone I often hear on this board. There are only X amount of winners every year, which means that those people will eventually lose their hope and confidence & have shattered dreams after a while which is very sad. 

"Our Lotto game is 1:23M so, I recently began to play pick-5 and FL is 1 to 36.  1 in about 370K combinations compared to 146M or 170M sounds much easier to hit, right?

If I spend $2 every day ($60 a month) on this one game I will spend more than $720 at the end of the year."

The overall odds are 1 in 7.58 so you can expect a return of around $100 worth of cash and/or free plays. Compared to overall odds in Lotto (1 in 67.36), I think you're on the right track. If you're getting $2 in QPs, you might consider getting one QP and one EZmatch (1 in 4.88) to get a better return.

"There are only X amount of winners every year, which means that those people will eventually lose their hope and confidence & have shattered dreams after a while which is very sad."

When the Ohio Lotto started in 1983 it was a 6/40 game and I had no idea of how to pick my own numbers so I wrote down all 40 numbers and drew them from my hat and played 8 combinations for $4 (at 50 cents a ticket). The idea was that I would have each of the numbers drawn and hopefully all 6 of them on one ticket.

By today's standards the jackpots were small but we could still dream until we saw the results. But the results of one draw didn't stop the dreams because we knew there would be another drawing. I suppose if I added up all the money I've spent on the dream, it would be considerable but nothing compared to what I could have won.

Over the years the jackpots have become higher and so have the dreams but we also have better playing strategies and techqiues. I've always been a half full type of guy so I don't think my hope and confidence will ever be shattered as long as I know there will be another drawing.

Lotto City, Michigan
            United States
            Member #36256
            March 30, 2006
            1472 Posts
            Posted: December 23, 2007, 8:29 am - IP Logged

Good Luck and Merry Christmas to all!!!! Noel Lep PartyCheers White BounceDrum Banana

takeitez's avatar - japheth
              Carters Lake, Ga.
              United States
              Member #5313
              June 29, 2004
              1065 Posts
              Posted: December 23, 2007, 9:22 am - IP Logged

Che sera,sera

ez

No Pity!Guitar  Drum ........ in the long run........

ThatScaryChick's avatar - x1MqPuM
                Idaho
                United States
                Member #56506
                November 21, 2007
                6537 Posts
                Posted: December 24, 2007, 11:30 am - IP Logged

Good Luck and Merry Christmas to all!!!! Noel Lep PartyCheers White BounceDrum Banana

Same to you! Noel

"No one remembers the person who almost climbed the mountain, only the person who eventually gets to the top."

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
                  Zeta Reticuli Star System
                  United States
                  Member #30470
                  January 17, 2006
                  10345 Posts
                  Posted: December 24, 2007, 8:58 pm - IP Logged

Some of the sports books in Vegas used to offer 1,000,000 to 1 odds on any female winning the Boston Marathon.

People would bet it just to keep the ticket as a souveneir, and one of our shift booses told everyone that for a buxk, any bet that pays 1,000,000 to 1 is a good bet, even if it comes under "possible but not probable".

I'll say it again, though, in lotto the person who bets a buck or two with a lot of hope is far better off than someone who bets a lot of money because they "just know" they are going to win.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.