Welcome Guest
You last visited December 9, 2016, 2:19 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Do you buy tickets from stores that you think are "lucky"?

Topic closed. 21 replies. Last post 9 years ago by Lotterologist.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink

Do you buy tickets from stores that have sold winning tickets because you think they are "lucky"?

Yes, I shop at stores that have had winners. [ 13 ]  [32.50%]
No, It doesn't matter where you buy your tickets. [ 27 ]  [67.50%]
Total Valid Votes [ 40 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 2 ]  
chasingadream's avatar - Archangel 01.jpg

United States
Member #38687
May 3, 2006
315 Posts
Posted: December 15, 2007, 3:28 am - IP Logged

I usually play at stores where the employees are nice, lottery-friendly people.

Oogle  waiting patiently for my jackpot

spy153's avatar - maren

United States
    Member #28409
    December 15, 2005
    1198 Posts
    Posted: December 17, 2007, 2:25 pm - IP Logged

I have done some research on this one.  As it turns out for Mega Millions in the state of Virginia, the winners come from the following places:

1) Any 7-11 down Jeff Davis Highway.  Most popular.

2) Falls Church

3) Richmond

4) Alexandria

5) Arlington

Now, all these places are too far for me to drive everytime I want a ticket for Mega Millions.  And even with proof in my hand, I can't convince my husband to take the drive.  Even when won in other places, they were purchased at a 7-11, with the minor exception of a handful of winners being purchased otherwise.  And there are no 7-11's within driving distance for me. 

voir-vous dans mes reves!Cool

JackpotWanna's avatar - squiz

United States
      Member #4121
      March 23, 2004
      817 Posts
      Posted: December 18, 2007, 4:18 pm - IP Logged

I vote No, It doesn't matter where I buy my tickets, I still lose. lol

rcbbuckeye's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
        Texas
        United States
        Member #55889
        October 23, 2007
        5611 Posts
        Posted: December 18, 2007, 4:44 pm - IP Logged

I voted no, but I buy my tics at the same c-store because I like the people that own it. They know how to run the machine, and if I ever hit big I would like them to benefit. 

She actually had a run of good luck recently with pick 3 and scratch offs.  

Uff Da!'s avatar - InCelebration 001.jpg
          Washington State
          United States
          Member #33973
          February 26, 2006
          347 Posts
          Posted: December 18, 2007, 8:40 pm - IP Logged

Since I usually play my own selection of numbers, playing at a store that was "lucky" would have no impact on my luck.  I most frequently play at small mom and pop stores usually in my own small town, so that should I win big, the owners would also benefit.

United States
            Member #10720
            January 23, 2005
            933 Posts
            Posted: December 18, 2007, 10:09 pm - IP Logged

If I play anything QP I go to Stores whose RNGs have produced winners.. often after a store has a big win if it's not too far away I give them a visit. The farthest I have ever visited a store was the C&L Super Serve in Hurricane, WV. I won a Pick 4 BOX that day but NOT from there, it was in RG's in Keyser who maybe never had a big winner. The reason I visit lucky locations is because it's fun and an excuse to visit new places! I'm always curious to know what it feels like to be there and to get souvenirs.

When I visited the SuperServe the only way you knew its significance was the giant banner across the front of the roof. Otherwise it was very quiet there and the one person there was not really impressed that people visited all the way from nj. I got some souvenirs, a CLSS lighter that someone "borrowed" and never gave back, a pack of Juicy Fruit, some Charleston Chews, a newspaper, and Powerball tickets. I couldn't find where the Pink Pony was but the sandwich I had at the Charleston Multifest and the mall in Huntington was worth the long trip.

The Leprechaun News in Rutherford, nj is a lot closer so I visit there often and have won from there several times but not on QP. I like how it smells there and they're more lively and proud of selling the winning ticket. When it was first sold there I visited even before the actual winner turned up but nobody asked me about it and the lone news reporter kept staring toward the train station.

Otherwise, most places I play have sold at least a few hundred thousand winners at some point anyway, and one time I created a "lucky location" with a low-paying 5 of 5 but that was also not QP.

Lotterologist's avatar - lightbulb
              Lotto City, Michigan
              United States
              Member #36256
              March 30, 2006
              1472 Posts
              Posted: December 27, 2007, 7:08 am - IP Logged

For some people I guess it's a "Feng Shui" thing.