Welcome Guest
You last visited January 18, 2017, 7:05 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

LP "Ponderables"

Topic closed. 26 replies. Last post 9 years ago by pacattack05.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
Zeta Reticuli Star System
United States
Member #30470
January 17, 2006
10390 Posts
Posted: December 24, 2007, 6:21 pm - IP Logged

Things that make you go "Huh?" here at LP:

* The Pick 5 Forum has the least activity of the Pick 5, 6, and 5 + 1 games forums.

Granted the jaclpots aren't as big, but Pick 5 is the most likely of all of those to be hit.  

* The Mystical forum has 12 times the number of threads as the Mathemantical Forum

Or would they be equal if dream number requests are considered?

*Invariably about once a will someone will join asking how people here figured out how to beat the lotto.

What kind of rumors are going around and where do people get the idea that this is a board full of jackpot winners.

* Also invariably, once in a while people show up claiming to be a jackpot winner!

And usually someone here sees right through their story, which is full of holes.

Put your "ponerables" here:

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

tntea's avatar - Lottery-059.jpg

United States
    Member #5344
    June 30, 2004
    23641 Posts
    Posted: December 24, 2007, 6:34 pm - IP Logged

Good post here....

I love it when posters get bent out of shape over something and they have no clue to how foolish they sound.. Deep down I am embarrassed for them..

Oh I love how we have had two or three to claim they have cracked the code... With all the money they have sitting in the bank , they continue to post here daily and complain about this or that... or cannot even loan money without requesting a return...do they not have anything to do with all that money they have made since the code was broken...  Take a trip... or a hike...

Or this one..(I love this one.. )

You post a method/system that you want people to back test to only have someone to request that you work it for their state... "What would be numbers for X State.."  When you posted it so that everyone can work it out for their own state.

OLD/Vtrac   Lottery Bible         Double Warnings      Thumbs Up TN F34/F44

justxploring's avatar - villiarna
      Wandering Aimlessly
      United States
      Member #25360
      November 5, 2005
      4461 Posts
      Posted: December 25, 2007, 4:59 am - IP Logged

I agree that I am also amazed and amused by many of the posts on LP.  However, we are a community which means everyone is welcome to post their ideas.  This is how we all learn, by sharing ideas. A few of them border on the ridiculous, but they're still somewhat creative and being creative is fun.  Otherwise this would be called the Stepford Lottery Forum.

time*treat's avatar - radar

United States
        Member #13130
        March 30, 2005
        2171 Posts
        Posted: December 25, 2007, 6:06 am - IP Logged

"Take a trip... or a hike..." ROFL

In neo-conned Amerika, bank robs you.
        Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms should be the name of a convenience store, not a govnoment agency.

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
          Zeta Reticuli Star System
          United States
          Member #30470
          January 17, 2006
          10390 Posts
          Posted: December 25, 2007, 12:39 pm - IP Logged

Justxploring true, but some things do make you wonder:

* Someone posts results, a possible pattern, or a reason something may appear to work and not work, or why some theory is proven not to be valid, and that thread will get a few views and a very few or no replies.

While at the same time someone could post, "Well, my neighbor has roosters, and this one rooster is the loudest, and I count how many times that rooster crows in the morning and play it as a pick 3 or pick 4" - and THAT thread will get lot of activity.

* Someone will say "227 has not hit in _ _ _ _ _  evening draw for the last 39 days" and someone else will insist, "Oh no, I hit it straight and boxed for $ _ _ _  two nights ago."

Huh?

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

BobP's avatar - bobp avatar.png
            Dump Water Florida
            United States
            Member #380
            June 5, 2002
            3112 Posts
            Posted: December 25, 2007, 6:16 pm - IP Logged

I ponder what I call "the creature" and wonder whether it is one or many.  The creature posts something like, "Hi I'm new to this forum,  it looks really interesting and I can't wait to become involved with all of you." The creature then accepts praise and offers of welcome and then either never posts again or posts once or twice more to get more to gleam more thanks for joining and then never posts again.  I can't help wonder what that's all about. 
            BobP

Littleoldlady's avatar - basket
              Clarksville
              United States
              Member #487
              July 15, 2002
              17638 Posts
              Posted: December 25, 2007, 7:26 pm - IP Logged

I ponder why I post almost everyday, give clues, make lists but no one wins but me but the thread has many views.

If you know your number is going to hit, have patience and then KILL IT!

You never know when you will get another hit.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                mid-Ohio
                United States
                Member #9
                March 24, 2001
                19897 Posts
                Posted: December 25, 2007, 7:29 pm - IP Logged

Justxploring true, but some things do make you wonder:

* Someone posts results, a possible pattern, or a reason something may appear to work and not work, or why some theory is proven not to be valid, and that thread will get a few views and a very few or no replies.

While at the same time someone could post, "Well, my neighbor has roosters, and this one rooster is the loudest, and I count how many times that rooster crows in the morning and play it as a pick 3 or pick 4" - and THAT thread will get lot of activity.

* Someone will say "227 has not hit in _ _ _ _ _  evening draw for the last 39 days" and someone else will insist, "Oh no, I hit it straight and boxed for $ _ _ _  two nights ago."

Huh?

I use to ponder something  similar about the pick3 forum.  Someone would post a list of 200 pick3 combinations to play and get a bunch of "thank you" and if one of those combinations hit somewhere in the U.S. within a week they would get even more "Congratulations".

Then I figured it out, pick3/4 players and pick5/jackpot players think differently and their expectations aren't the same.   

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

justxploring's avatar - villiarna
                  Wandering Aimlessly
                  United States
                  Member #25360
                  November 5, 2005
                  4461 Posts
                  Posted: December 25, 2007, 7:40 pm - IP Logged

I ponder what I call "the creature" and wonder whether it is one or many.  The creature posts something like, "Hi I'm new to this forum,  it looks really interesting and I can't wait to become involved with all of you." The creature then accepts praise and offers of welcome and then either never posts again or posts once or twice more to get more to gleam more thanks for joining and then never posts again.  I can't help wonder what that's all about. 
                  BobP

Yes Nod  Funny, BobP.  Sounds like the name of a horror flick. 

..and what about the people who join to post "I just won a jackpot" and then disappear?  I suppose it's possible that a person might get so excited that he/she surfed the net to find a lottery board to share the joy and excitement.  However, we never see a copy of the winning ticket.

United States
                    Member #17555
                    June 22, 2005
                    5582 Posts
                    Posted: December 25, 2007, 8:02 pm - IP Logged

I won't mention the name, but seasoned folks here will know.

It just amazes me of how some people like to tease. Whether they really have a really good edge on the p-3 or not, but claim they do. Then this person will post a few numbers to show proof, and then says I can't tell you how it works because it's a family secret. Then why tell everyone and get mad when people want to know? Sadistic is the only word I can muster up....lol

Red Devil

jarasan's avatar - new patrick.gif
                      Harbinger
                      D.C./MD.
                      United States
                      Member #44103
                      July 30, 2006
                      5587 Posts
                      Posted: December 30, 2007, 9:45 pm - IP Logged

I ponder that I linked this to a ponderable thread.

http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/168056

The ponderable becomes ponderous. Possibly infinitely. Just something to ponder.

tntea's avatar - Lottery-059.jpg

United States
                        Member #5344
                        June 30, 2004
                        23641 Posts
                        Posted: December 31, 2007, 1:03 pm - IP Logged

I ponder why I post almost everyday, give clues, make lists but no one wins but me but the thread has many views.

They are either not playing your picks or listing their wins..

OLD/Vtrac   Lottery Bible         Double Warnings      Thumbs Up TN F34/F44

we;reallwinners's avatar - praying hands.jpg

United States
                          Member #12416
                          March 13, 2005
                          564 Posts
                          Posted: December 31, 2007, 7:23 pm - IP Logged

My favorite "Ponderable" .............

"why don't those people that stand at the Lottery counter and call out combo after combo of different digits every day....................spend the same money on the Five digit.....................wonder if they wouldn't "get to a Jackpot that much faster"

My favorite market sold a winning Fantasy Five ticket to a fellow that they said bought $3 of Fantasy Five tickets every day..................the fella won $131,000...........pretty cool stuff!   

Whatever it takes....................stay  with the game that likes you best!!!!!!!

Hiding Behind Computerbe vewyvewy quiet, WewHuntingNumbers

Tenaj's avatar - michellea
                            Charlotte NC
                            United States
                            Member #17406
                            June 18, 2005
                            4054 Posts
                            Posted: December 31, 2007, 8:15 pm - IP Logged

Good post here....

I love it when posters get bent out of shape over something and they have no clue to how foolish they sound.. Deep down I am embarrassed for them..

Oh I love how we have had two or three to claim they have cracked the code... With all the money they have sitting in the bank , they continue to post here daily and complain about this or that... or cannot even loan money without requesting a return...do they not have anything to do with all that money they have made since the code was broken...  Take a trip... or a hike...

Or this one..(I love this one.. )

You post a method/system that you want people to back test to only have someone to request that you work it for their state... "What would be numbers for X State.."  When you posted it so that everyone can work it out for their own state.

Haters getting mad cause - I got me some bathing apes. 

takeemtothebank

United States
                              Member #10720
                              January 23, 2005
                              933 Posts
                              Posted: December 31, 2007, 8:27 pm - IP Logged

I won a jackpot, albeit a small one.

It was on the Pick 5.

I can prove it.

Newcomers assume the people on here are so smart they figured out how to win.
                              At least it sure sounds that way!

It's ok, when I came here I thought VTRAC was some kind of shaver.