Welcome Guest
You last visited December 5, 2016, 11:30 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Which Win do you prefer

Topic closed. 25 replies. Last post 9 years ago by OldSchoolPa.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink

Which Win do you prefer

A Win by your own system.. the challenge you seek [ 25 ]  [45.45%]
A win by anyone's system... Let me win [ 16 ]  [29.09%]
A qp.. Making it easier on the brain [ 9 ]  [16.36%]
From someone's pick , reguardless of the method [ 5 ]  [9.09%]
Total Valid Votes [ 55 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 4 ]  
LuckyLilly's avatar - savy chick.png

United States
Member #50124
February 26, 2007
601 Posts
Posted: January 3, 2008, 10:46 pm - IP Logged

I only like QP, If you forget to play your regular numbers AND  they come out you are going to be sick to your stomach. Also mad AS HELL.Rant

I agree, which is why I NEVER forget to play my regular numbers.  I get advance plays for 10 drawings, which is as far as advance as my state allows.  And I mark on the calendar when I need a new ticket.

spy153's avatar - maren

United States
    Member #28409
    December 15, 2005
    1198 Posts
    Posted: January 4, 2008, 1:12 pm - IP Logged

I agree, which is why I NEVER forget to play my regular numbers.  I get advance plays for 10 drawings, which is as far as advance as my state allows.  And I mark on the calendar when I need a new ticket.

I might as well start doing that too, luckylilly.  I buy the some of the same ones over and over.  But I always pick my own.

voir-vous dans mes reves!Cool

bashley572's avatar - starwars14
      West Side of Sunny Florida
      United States
      Member #55048
      September 8, 2007
      3371 Posts
      Posted: January 4, 2008, 1:23 pm - IP Logged

I would like to win with my own numbers, only because I've bet them for a long time, but that's not what I checked because if I win with any system whatsoever, I'll be happy.  I will be thrilled if I buy a "mistake" that gets printed and I win.  I once purchased a couple of tickets that the clerk ran and someone didn't have enough money to pay for them.  (you've probably seen this happen)   I guess someone asked for 5 QPs and only had $3.  I certainly wouldn't want to win with someone else's tickets who made a mistake, but she said they already left, so I took them off her hands.  So why would I care if I won since I paid for them?

Edit:  Coin Toss.  Pac is right.  Once someone said to me "I don't play the lottery because if I won $10 million I would give it back.  I was taught to work hard for my money." 

This poll brings up another good question.  Maybe I'm just nuts (okay, yes I am) but looking at the above scenario where I paid for 2 tickets someone didn't buy, how would you feel if you won in that situation?  What if they were not quickpicks, but someone's personal numbers?  Now we all know that nobody owns numbers, so the Lottery would definitely award me the money, but what if they were the birthdays of his children?  Hmm.  Maybe I won't be so nice next time but still it would be my jackpot if I legally paid for the tickets and took them home & won! 

Justexploring-

I have done what you are talking about, getting tickets that others played but couldn't pay for or 'never picked up'  as a couple places around here will let regulars CALL in there plays.  I didn't hit on any of them but since the place I got them from knows the person I would have most likly sold the ticket back to them and leave it up to them if they want to split the money or give me any part of it. 

And to answer the poll I voted for my system but I also play qp's - just in case.  Oh and yes I would cash in a QP! 

Money won is twice as good as money earned!

Jack Pot's avatar - Lottery-028.jpg

United States
        Member #55246
        September 20, 2007
        225 Posts
        Posted: January 4, 2008, 2:05 pm - IP Logged

Are you trying to make Pac cry?

No Maam. Embarassed.

United States
          Member #17555
          June 22, 2005
          5582 Posts
          Posted: January 4, 2008, 10:17 pm - IP Logged

But, Pac, my crystal ball says you are going to win the Mega Millions tomorrow if you buy a QP from a gasoline station today. 

LOL

So what? I don't need 20 trillion in the bank. I'd take that QP and put it in my mouth and eat it.

Justx is right. I'd rather work like a slave for someone else. There's an inherintly good feeling in working for 10 days in a row, not getting enough sleep, and putting up with people who continually ask stupid questions at work. 

Why in the world would I want to live in a mansion with a harem at my beckoned call, and a million dollar studio that has state of the art recording equipment in it?.....Puleeeez!!

Or drive around in a Lamborghini through Malibu?.

Not with a QP. It's just not worth the headache.

justxploring's avatar - villiarna
            Wandering Aimlessly
            United States
            Member #25360
            November 5, 2005
            4461 Posts
            Posted: January 5, 2008, 4:18 am - IP Logged

Justexploring-

I have done what you are talking about, getting tickets that others played but couldn't pay for or 'never picked up'  as a couple places around here will let regulars CALL in there plays.  I didn't hit on any of them but since the place I got them from knows the person I would have most likly sold the ticket back to them and leave it up to them if they want to split the money or give me any part of it. 

And to answer the poll I voted for my system but I also play qp's - just in case.  Oh and yes I would cash in a QP! 

I guess you are nicer than I am.  Not only do I consider myself to be an honest person, but I am the neurotic type who gets tortured by guilt. Of course if I saw someone drop a ticket, I would run after her, the same way I would if that same person dropped a $20 bill on the floor.  That's just doing the right thing.  When I get too much change, I'll tell a clerk or a waitress.  But if I walk into a retailer tomorrow night and, for one reason or another, I wind up paying for a ticket that turns out to be some other player's regular numbers I would not call the person up and "leave it up to them if they want to split the money" or even make a deal if I win the Lotto jackpot.  This goes back to the "my numbers" thread Coin Toss started.  If I realize I don't have enough to buy tickets (and that's happened, but before I ever go to the counter) I dash over to the bank ATM if it's that important to me.  At the supermarket, I just get groceries first and ask for cash back when I use my debit card.  I don't think this has anything to do with honesty, but the rules of gambling.  If someone wants to bet $10 on number 25 at a roulette table, he can't without the money. So if you came along and put $10 on 25, it would be your win, not his. Nobody "owns" numbers until he/she pays for them. 

lotterybraker's avatar - pyramid
              mississippi
              United States
              Member #34478
              March 3, 2006
              5903 Posts
              Posted: January 5, 2008, 11:04 pm - IP Logged

Awin by any means is fine with me..quick pic or otherwise eventhough I very seldom buy a quick pic..but I was in Louisiana Thursday and bougth some powerball tickets..half I picked and I bought 3 quick pics also..

I do think a win by using my own system would be more gratifying to me..as I would think it would be to most people that works so hard on the numbers trying to get an advantage..

"Attention all Mathematicians: Check your degree at the door because when it comes to whole numbers you are the Amateur"

psykomo's avatar - animal shark.jpg

United States
                Member #4877
                May 30, 2004
                5118 Posts
                Posted: January 6, 2008, 1:39 am - IP Logged

Which excites you more?

ODK.....chose and voted to WIN by our........OWN SYSTEM!!!!!!!!!!!>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

we have just returned back to the USA and we are HAPPY & THANKFUL for^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^>>>>>>>>

2008.....LOL to ALL on the LOTTERY POST^^^^^^^^^^^^

psykomo

JackpotWanna's avatar - squiz

United States
                  Member #4121
                  March 23, 2004
                  817 Posts
                  Posted: January 7, 2008, 7:48 pm - IP Logged

QP for me. 

Bagent's avatar - avatar 10424.gif
                    Vancouver, WA
                    United States
                    Member #53665
                    July 15, 2007
                    151 Posts
                    Posted: January 9, 2008, 2:02 am - IP Logged

Which excites you more?

I like QP because I have little understanding on how the "systems" out there work.  I have tried several of the "Guarenteed" systems with no luck at all.  After reviewing the past 4+ years of previous numbers drawn, the personal numbers that I played have never even been drawn.  Yes there have been one number here and one number there, but no more than one per drawing. Angry

So, I have resigned myself to QPs only.  So far, I have won more (highest is $7) but that is more than I have with the so called systems.

OldSchoolPa's avatar - Lottery-057.jpg
                      Gurnee, Illinois
                      United States
                      Member #49731
                      February 12, 2007
                      917 Posts
                      Posted: January 9, 2008, 9:26 am - IP Logged

Justexploring-

I know Pac is just being sarcastically funny...hell, you would just have to be some old crazy nut to not claim a winning QP or any pick for that matter.  But as for the purchasing of tickets already printed out that someone else couldn't or wouldn't pay for, I would consider them wholly mine once my dollar(s) hit the cashier's hand and I had the ticket in my possession.  Nobody owns any of the numbers in the range of play...if that were the case, lotteries wouldn't exist since they would be fighting lawsuit after lawsuit for infringement.  So any ticket purchased in the above manner by bashley I would consider mine, and if I happen to have purchased a winner in that manner, I would feel sorry only for a second for the poor person who refused to buy it...then the next second I would start to plan out my next steps...should I claim it in a trust or should I allow my big mug to be telecast over the airwaves for the whole world to see that...I'm RICH B!*%H!!!

Get MONEY!!! Winning a JACKPOT lottery is all the HOPE and CHANGE I desire!!!  NOW give me MONEY!US Flag

The guy who won the presidency in 2008 really won the lottery...he is now millions richer, travels in first class style, and even has a staff that would be the envy of the richest Powerball winner (she has a staff of 2). Every night he goes to sleep, he probably plays the close of Dave Chappelle's Show: I'm rich beyatch!