Welcome Guest
You last visited December 10, 2016, 11:02 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

S, +1, +2 method inquiry

Topic closed. 5 replies. Last post 9 years ago by RJOh.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Charlotte
United States
Member #42106
June 27, 2006
59 Posts
Posted: January 9, 2008, 11:37 am - IP Logged

Good Morning Readers,

Am looking for some information on the S, +1, +2 method.  I have read a little about it in the postings and I am hoping this discussion can enlighten myself, as well as some other who may be new to the site. 

My understanding of the theory is that you use the last drawing as your starting point (S= same numbers drawn), and then use this number, as well as S+1 and S+2 for wheeling for the next drawing.  From what I have read, it is said that these numbers are good for the next 10 drawings.

Example:

Last MM drawing:  10  29  45  52  54        10

Using the S, +1, +2 method, the numbers that you would wheel should consist of the following:

10, 11, 12

29, 30, 31

45, 46, 47

52, 53, 54

54, 55, 56

My reading has also been that there is another variant to this, that being S, -1, -2 which adds another layer of odds to the play.

For those that have read more up on it than myself, with the idea that the numbers are good for 10 drawings, do you eliminate the number from the collection of 15 that the method originally generated, as they are drawn, thereby reducing the amount of numbers to be wheeled next time?

Additionally, for those that have used this on a regular basis, have you had any success with this?

Best of Luck to everyone in 2008!!

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Nothing beats a try, but a failure!!!!

Charlotte
    United States
    Member #42106
    June 27, 2006
    59 Posts
    Posted: January 13, 2008, 10:09 pm - IP Logged

Wow!!!!   After 4 days, many viewings, and no responses?  Did I hit on something that no one wants to discuss, or does everyone not know enough about the topic to put their keyboard into action?

_________________________________________________________________________________

The answer is always no, until the question in asked.

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
      Chief Bottle Washer
      New Jersey
      United States
      Member #1
      May 31, 2000
      23277 Posts
      Posted: January 13, 2008, 10:58 pm - IP Logged

I have not heard of that system -- where did you see it? 

What is the system author's perspective as to why adding 1 and 2 to previous number could possibly help? 

To me, it seems like a numerology approach, which is fine if numerology is your thing, but I'm not sure I see logic in reducing odds by doing it.

Check the State Lottery Report Card
      What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
      Help eliminate computerized drawings!

NY
        United States
        Member #23835
        October 16, 2005
        3475 Posts
        Posted: January 14, 2008, 1:51 am - IP Logged

I'd think an approach based on numerology would come up with something different than simply adding  1 and 2 to every number. This sounds like an argument I've seen many times, which is that it's not unusual for some numbers in one drawing to be "close" to some numbers in a previous drawing. I would guess the author's perspective is that some people will pay money for the system. Of course, if you pick the 2 numbers above and below all the numbers in a pick 5 game you'll end up with 20 numbers, and it would take 15,504 plays to wheel them all. In a 5/39 game that will still leave you with 97.3% of the combinations unplayed.

Charlotte
          United States
          Member #42106
          June 27, 2006
          59 Posts
          Posted: January 14, 2008, 10:00 pm - IP Logged

Todd, KY Floyd:

Thanks for the responses.

As to were I had seen it, I had read something on this site, or another (inferior, of coarse) site about it. 

I am a visual guy, with self developed sheets that lay out the drawings based on how the numbers hit.  What I have seen, is that numbers appear to "track" in certain directions, and even "cluster" at times.  So, I can see how the principles within this theory works.  I am not a numerology guy; I don't know that much about it.   I'm not knocking it, just don't enough about it to have applied it in any form or fashion.

I agree that with 20 numbers to wheel I am not certain that it reduces your odds that much.  Frankly, this is why I posted this to survey the group, requesting input on the functionality of such a method.  I am guessing that the lack of postings speak volumes for this approach.

Thanks to all!

_______________________________________________________________________________

The answer is always no, until the question is asked.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
            mid-Ohio
            United States
            Member #9
            March 24, 2001
            19831 Posts
            Posted: January 14, 2008, 10:10 pm - IP Logged

Wow!!!!   After 4 days, many viewings, and no responses?  Did I hit on something that no one wants to discuss, or does everyone not know enough about the topic to put their keyboard into action?

_________________________________________________________________________________

The answer is always no, until the question in asked.

I've read of some players doing something like that with their pick3/4 numbers selections but never with a pick5 of jackpot style game.  It makes sense for those games because each digit can only be one of ten and S, S±1 and S±2 would cover half of them.  For a pick5 game that would cover 3^5 or 243 combinations. 

You might test a few lines on a pick5 type game and see what happens. With a pick6 game like West Virgina's Cash25 with only 25 numbers, something like that might work also.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking