Welcome Guest
You last visited December 3, 2016, 8:56 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

what type of pet would you buy if you hit a jackpot?

Topic closed. 21 replies. Last post 9 years ago by Bagent.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
LOTTOMIKE's avatar - cash money.jpg
Tennessee
United States
Member #7853
October 15, 2004
11338 Posts
Posted: January 10, 2008, 5:06 am - IP Logged

most people like certain animals but can't afford them due to finances.if i hit a jackpot i might buy some horses when i buy a bunch of land somewhere.

LOTTOMIKE's avatar - cash money.jpg
    Tennessee
    United States
    Member #7853
    October 15, 2004
    11338 Posts
    Posted: January 10, 2008, 5:08 am - IP Logged

or i could buy mans best friend.....

benmas's avatar - waveform
      Rhode Island
      United States
      Member #56010
      October 28, 2007
      434 Posts
      Posted: January 10, 2008, 5:24 am - IP Logged

the picture was funny...I would get me a German Shepherd...

On the side...LETS focus our energies more on hitting jackpot first...I'm sure everyone has their favorite pet, car, house, vacation, etc...if they can afford it.

United States
        Member #17555
        June 22, 2005
        5582 Posts
        Posted: January 10, 2008, 5:58 am - IP Logged

An Ant and an Elephant with huge eyebrows.

hearsetrax's avatar - 0118

United States
          Member #52345
          May 21, 2007
          2657 Posts
          Posted: January 10, 2008, 7:54 am - IP Logged

Type lottomike U ought to be shot in the foot for posting that pic

Blue Thinking but as for me I think I'd find a place near a bat colony and maybe the few solid black cats

nncadillac's avatar - Lottery-008.jpg
            castalia, nc
            United States
            Member #6513
            August 26, 2004
            47 Posts
            Posted: January 10, 2008, 8:14 am - IP Logged

A ragdoll kitten

spy153's avatar - maren

United States
              Member #28409
              December 15, 2005
              1198 Posts
              Posted: January 10, 2008, 8:33 am - IP Logged

I'm not one to pay for animals, since there are so many strays around me that are free.  But, since my cat that I had for ten years passed away last year,  I would like one just like her.  She was a rare mix of himalayan, persian and siamese.  She was beautiful.  She had a twin, but she didn't belong to me and was killed a few years ago.  I think I would have to find a breeder to arrange that mix for me.  I have other animals, but I would like a cat like her again.  They have special characteristics., and she was very intelligent.

voir-vous dans mes reves!Cool

Jake's avatar - animal bird.jpg

United States
                Member #2217
                September 1, 2003
                985 Posts
                Posted: January 10, 2008, 9:23 am - IP Logged

Hey LottoMike - I do love ya but that picture gives me the willies. Seriously.  LOL

I would like to use my winnings to see firsthand what is happening in various states with different rescues and where the most money will do the most good for the most animals.  When ready to settle down, I'd probably add to my brood after obtaining more land and shelter.  I have to agree that the 1 animal I'd like to have is a dog that can never be replaced, so I'd probably keep helping big dogs and put more money into dog training centers for the disabled as well as law enforcement.  I do have a long-held plan but I'm flexible. 

Ok, if anyone is interested, after you hit, buy the land, build the stables and kennels, etc., but if it is a domestic animal, any breed, size or religion, please email me before you put money down.

I can virtually guarantee for little to no money we can find you the animal you want.  Where horses are concerned, there is such a glut of horses now that the laws have changed with regard to slaughter, horses are being sold or given away every day, many for just the cost of transport or stable fees.  I used to ride but have little expertise about horses; however, there are rescues that have everything from Arabians to Draft horses and miniatures including colts. 

Dogs and cats, every single breed, mixed  breed, size, shape, color, personality - again, I assure it's out there waiting for a good home. 

If all that money means you demand that new pet smell, there are puppies and kittens, every make and model, purebred and otherwise for those special people that want a baby.  To me, having a puppy is a state of mind and a great place to be (at least after housetraining is complete).

Goats, pigs, ferrets, birds (moving a little outside the domestic), bunnies, snakes - there's a rescue for everything.

You can have too many animals but you can never help too many animals.  Ok. I'll stop now, but thank you for this post. 

JackpotWanna's avatar - squiz

United States
                  Member #4121
                  March 23, 2004
                  817 Posts
                  Posted: January 10, 2008, 10:25 am - IP Logged

LottoMike, very funny pic.

I personally wouldn't want a pet after winning a major jackpot.. More stress.  For example what if my dog bites a person, he may sue me for part of my jackpot.  lol........ I may help or donate funds to help unwanted pets. 

Jack Pot's avatar - Lottery-028.jpg

United States
                    Member #55246
                    September 20, 2007
                    225 Posts
                    Posted: January 10, 2008, 10:51 am - IP Logged

most people like certain animals but can't afford them due to finances.if i hit a jackpot i might buy some horses when i buy a bunch of land somewhere.

We are not a pet family, so no pets. We would donate to organizations that take care of stray animals or taking care of animals which are near extinction.

derek7's avatar - speedykat
                      IL
                      United States
                      Member #34578
                      March 4, 2006
                      198 Posts
                      Posted: January 10, 2008, 10:52 am - IP Logged

A ragdoll kitten

I Agree!

The key is that I would have like 14 bedrooms and cat would not be allowed to enter half of them. These other rooms would be allergen free as I am allergic to cats.

What I am tying to say is that I could just buy or adopt cat now. But in a condo with no patio I would sneeze like crazy.

I need bigger house first. 

/Derek 

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
                        Zeta Reticuli Star System
                        United States
                        Member #30470
                        January 17, 2006
                        10345 Posts
                        Posted: January 10, 2008, 12:50 pm - IP Logged

An Ant and an Elephant with huge eyebrows.

Oh no! the ant and the elephant story! The height of conceit!

Green laugh

If I hit a jackpot, I'd go ahead and buy the parrot or mynah bird that told me the winning numbers!

Wink

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

Amarillo/Austin
                          United States
                          Member #1424
                          April 25, 2003
                          696 Posts
                          Posted: January 10, 2008, 1:12 pm - IP Logged

I would buy a politician or a lobbyist on K Street in DC.  Those qualify as pets for rich people . . .. don't they?

Orangeman 

United States
                            Member #17555
                            June 22, 2005
                            5582 Posts
                            Posted: January 10, 2008, 1:37 pm - IP Logged

Oh no! the ant and the elephant story! The height of conceit!

Green laugh

If I hit a jackpot, I'd go ahead and buy the parrot or mynah bird that told me the winning numbers!

Wink

LOL...

I know of only two ant and elephant stories. One my uncle used to tell me over and over and over again when I was about 5 years old, and the other is a dirty joke, which I can't write here...lol

BTW...An elephant with it's trunk in the air signifies good luck.

Which story is the one you're talking about?

Sunny California
                              United States
                              Member #40295
                              May 31, 2006
                              7712 Posts
                              Posted: January 10, 2008, 5:38 pm - IP Logged

I want one of each! Animals rule! But I wouldn't buy one, just take whatever comes my way like I always do.