Welcome Guest
You last visited January 21, 2017, 10:35 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Quick picks

Topic closed. 24 replies. Last post 9 years ago by zaGON.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink

Do you ever win on q.p.'s?

all the time [ 11 ]  [18.33%]
sometimes [ 39 ]  [65.00%]
never [ 8 ]  [13.33%]
don't get q.p.'s [ 2 ]  [3.33%]
Total Valid Votes [ 60 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 2 ]  
Long Island, NY
United States
Member #57412
January 3, 2008
419 Posts
Posted: January 16, 2008, 10:33 am - IP Logged

I've read more than once that the largest percentage of lottery ticket buyers are lower middle class and down from there. Thus, these are the types of neighborhods/areas you find these types of folks.

Makes sense.  I see poor, hard working people in my area (many times minority) spend (what looks to be) half there pay checks to have a chance to escape theyre horrible blue collar existences. 

konane's avatar - wallace
    Atlanta, GA
    United States
    Member #1265
    March 13, 2003
    3351 Posts
    Posted: January 31, 2008, 6:49 pm - IP Logged

Depending on a lottery's software you may be able to select part of the numbers then check QP and let the computer pick the rest. 

In Georgia you can do it on all games other than Cash 3 and Cash 4 mid and eve.  Unsure about Keno.

Good luck to everyone!

benmas's avatar - waveform
      Rhode Island
      United States
      Member #56010
      October 28, 2007
      434 Posts
      Posted: February 2, 2008, 2:46 am - IP Logged

Depending on a lottery's software you may be able to select part of the numbers then check QP and let the computer pick the rest. 

In Georgia you can do it on all games other than Cash 3 and Cash 4 mid and eve.  Unsure about Keno.

Powerball has the partial QP/self pick option but i hate that MEGA Millions in Jersey doesn't have it..it is bad..

bashley572's avatar - starwars14
        West Side of Sunny Florida
        United States
        Member #55048
        September 8, 2007
        3371 Posts
        Posted: February 2, 2008, 7:44 am - IP Logged

I only by qpicks for jackpot games not pick 3/4

I Agree!   I throw in a QP for jackpot games as toooo many people win that way. 

Money won is twice as good as money earned!

OldSchoolPa's avatar - Lottery-057.jpg
          Gurnee, Illinois
          United States
          Member #49731
          February 12, 2007
          919 Posts
          Posted: February 3, 2008, 3:17 am - IP Logged

I play both QPs and OPs: the way I see it is that if those 6 balls that roll for that drawing happens to match all 6 of the numbers on one line of my jackpot game ticket, I am a winner regardless of the method used to determine those numbers on my ticket.  All I need now is LUCK to strike me!

Get MONEY!!! Winning a JACKPOT lottery is all the HOPE and CHANGE I desire!!!  NOW give me MONEY!US Flag

The guy who won the presidency in 2008 really won the lottery...he is now millions richer, travels in first class style, and even has a staff that would be the envy of the richest Powerball winner (she has a staff of 2). Every night he goes to sleep, he probably plays the close of Dave Chappelle's Show: I'm rich beyatch!

bigato1010's avatar - army

United States
            Member #33588
            February 22, 2006
            2068 Posts
            Posted: February 7, 2008, 10:06 pm - IP Logged

quick picks good for megamillion what i do next is minus 1 plus i with the number 

bigato1010's avatar - army

United States
              Member #33588
              February 22, 2006
              2068 Posts
              Posted: February 15, 2008, 4:27 pm - IP Logged

quick picks good for megamillion what i do next is minus 1 plus i with the number 

Yes bigato prefer quick picks with megamillion then i basical do my math with it minus 1 plus 1 get 3 numbers  sometime 4 numbers ah haa.

OldSchoolPa's avatar - Lottery-057.jpg
                Gurnee, Illinois
                United States
                Member #49731
                February 12, 2007
                919 Posts
                Posted: February 15, 2008, 4:53 pm - IP Logged

I've read more than once that the largest percentage of lottery ticket buyers are lower middle class and down from there. Thus, these are the types of neighborhods/areas you find these types of folks.

Makes sense.  I see poor, hard working people in my area (many times minority) spend (what looks to be) half there pay checks to have a chance to escape theyre horrible blue collar existences. 

This is perhaps the sad thing about those who are lucky enough to win a jackpot lottery...they play with the dream as you say it to escape their current paycheck to paycheck existence, live high on the hog for awhile, don't establish a plan and end up right back where they started.  Now I know not everyone who wins has that experience and I know that it is not just the poor and working class poor that squander their winnings (damn, I hate saying the name but we all know a one Mr. Jack Whitacker).  But the anyone who has a gambling problem, a drug problem, or a problem with putting a plan in place and sticking to it will eventually end up squandering any amount of jackpot winnings. 

But I like my chances for winning with QPs...but I will admit that I bought a 5 spot ticket for tonight's Mega Million $110 million (cash value) drawing that only had 1 QP.  I figure that QP got some good vibes from my other 4 own picks, so hopefully I will win.  And when I win, I will....live according to my pre-established plan...nope I will not be profiled in any future edition of "Curse of the Lottery. 

Get MONEY!!! Winning a JACKPOT lottery is all the HOPE and CHANGE I desire!!!  NOW give me MONEY!US Flag

The guy who won the presidency in 2008 really won the lottery...he is now millions richer, travels in first class style, and even has a staff that would be the envy of the richest Powerball winner (she has a staff of 2). Every night he goes to sleep, he probably plays the close of Dave Chappelle's Show: I'm rich beyatch!

benmas's avatar - waveform
                  Rhode Island
                  United States
                  Member #56010
                  October 28, 2007
                  434 Posts
                  Posted: February 15, 2008, 5:12 pm - IP Logged

Q.picks for me have gone both ways..i lost with them some and won with them when i thought they were total crap..its just luck at the end....

I dont know exactly what it will feel to have MIllions $$$...NObody here i guess really knows what their live can turn to if they won millions...I don't cause i never had anything close to that....my max bank account had ~$6000 at one time no more than that ...so WE CAN SAY stuff like we'll be responsible and not blow it and all that but its not SURE...there are many things in this world that can be very tempting if you have the BIG money...SO I GUESS the %s are that things will go wrong and one will blow it within few years due to inexperience and wanting to try many things they never had at once...only a select few can really manage it ...i guess you have to have a strong social circle(wife, friends, parents) that won't let you make stupid decisions....or it could go the opposite because of them ...so in the end its not SURE again

Nassau;n.p Bahamas
                    Bahamas
                    Member #1315
                    March 30, 2003
                    24 Posts
                    Posted: February 18, 2008, 12:13 pm - IP Logged

I voted "sometimes" only because I won like 2+ dollars in the past. But from some time I just don't buy QPs anymore.

I would rather write my own program to generate "ideal quick picks" (even low/high/odd/even distribution, etc) than buy a QP.

Derek

I try quick picks sometimes.     zagon.