Welcome Guest
You last visited December 10, 2016, 3:19 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Scratch-Off - Home or at the store

Topic closed. 23 replies. Last post 9 years ago by lotto BJ.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink

Do you scratch at home or at the store?

store [ 11 ]  [19.64%]
home [ 26 ]  [46.43%]
sometimes at home and sometimes at the store [ 19 ]  [33.93%]
Total Valid Votes [ 56 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 2 ]  
Gypsy320's avatar - lady narrisa.png
N.E. Ohio
United States
Member #58841
February 27, 2008
88 Posts
Posted: March 15, 2008, 10:50 am - IP Logged

Sweet  Congrats!

I can just imagine the feeling of seeing that amount slowly materializing underneath the latex coating!  At first you don't believe it then, wow!  When I finally won $100 I was dancing around in the store.  I can't imagine the feeling of $10k or even $1k.  Have you ever won the smaller  amounts say $500 or $1000 since then?

not since then,but before that I hit 500.00 on the first scratch off i ever bought. haven't stopped since the..lolI couldn't believe it when I seen that large amount either it was $2,500 4 times on the ticket, i must have read that ticket 15 times before i realized i really did win. i left work early that day!!Wink

N.E. Ohio
    United States
    Member #58841
    February 27, 2008
    88 Posts
    Posted: March 15, 2008, 10:51 am - IP Logged

Sweet congrats indeed, gypsy!

My hubby is the only one who buys them and he always scratches them there at the store.  I wish he would come home to do them though, because we wind up spending hours there sometimes because he'll keep getting small wins and is trying to go for the big win.  Haven't hit any big ones yet though.

Thank you spy153, i wish you all the luck, hope soon you will have a big hit!!Smile

United States
      Member #58528
      February 18, 2008
      710 Posts
      Posted: March 15, 2008, 11:20 am - IP Logged

Whenever I buy a scratch off ticket,I scratch it at the store or in my car.My wife usualy brings me few when she comes home from the grocery store.When I won the $21,000 a few years ago,I had just put some free air in my tires at convience store/gas station and thought I should at least spend some money since the air was free.I bought a $2 scrath off ticket and lo & behold...I won!Hyper

N.E. Ohio
        United States
        Member #58841
        February 27, 2008
        88 Posts
        Posted: March 15, 2008, 11:34 am - IP Logged

Whenever I buy a scratch off ticket,I scratch it at the store or in my car.My wife usualy brings me few when she comes home from the grocery store.When I won the $21,000 a few years ago,I had just put some free air in my tires at convience store/gas station and thought I should at least spend some money since the air was free.I bought a $2 scrath off ticket and lo & behold...I won!Hyper

Awesome......Thumbs Up

Vergie6's avatar - Santa 20kitty.jpg
          North Carolina
          United States
          Member #59855
          March 29, 2008
          31553 Posts
          Posted: March 29, 2008, 10:21 pm - IP Logged

I usually scratch them off at home.  Don't laugh now but I have my own little routine I do and it goes like this.  On the way home from my part-time job, (I work 10 til 2pm) I stop by the store or stop by the local lottery headquarters here in town (I get a kick out of seeing the big winners come in) anyway I buy my tickets and come home and get my glass of iced tea and my scrapers, turn on the TV and sit back and scratch, scratch, scratch........there's something about having to have the glass of tea while scratching....lol

Now if I do slip up and scratch one at the store, then I'm hooked and have to scratch another and another so I try to just walk on out.  Also I tend to buy more that way especially if I don't win but hey that's because I didn't have the "positive attitude" about winning that day.

LOTTOMIKE's avatar - cash money.jpg
            Tennessee
            United States
            Member #7853
            October 15, 2004
            11338 Posts
            Posted: April 15, 2008, 6:41 am - IP Logged

i rarely buy scratch offs but here lately i buy them here and there.i scartched a 1 dollar jumbo bucks and won 20 bucks and gave the money to my girlfriend.i usually scratch em in the parking lot at the store.

JordanT1021's avatar - Lottery-062.jpg
              North Carolina
              United States
              Member #53121
              June 24, 2007
              6500 Posts
              Posted: April 15, 2008, 8:54 am - IP Logged

store! i don't want to have to drive back out and redeem my money if I win. I have started to always cash in at grocery stores. They have the money, unlike mom and pop gas stations

Talking Rock, GA
                United States
                Member #60369
                April 15, 2008
                398 Posts
                Posted: April 15, 2008, 3:44 pm - IP Logged

I mostly scratch mine in the car at the store.

If you see a car at a store in north GA rockin' back and forth, don't worry, it's just me jumping up and down after hitting a nice winner. Big Smile

A Gold account on Lottery Post:  $4.95

A Millionaire Jumbo Bucks scratcher:  $20

Airfare and hotel in March 2007 to see The Price Is Right before Bob Barker retired:  $600-something

Winning something to get a trip to a district office:  Priceless Big Grin

Jacksonville, Fl
                  United States
                  Member #46572
                  September 14, 2006
                  17 Posts
                  Posted: June 5, 2008, 10:13 pm - IP Logged

I think its best to scratch away from the store (outside)because as you receive the loser off each roll there is a chance the next ticket could be a winner,in places where there is alot of action I've seen the vultures buy in to try a catch. Just today I bought 2 tickets twenty
                  dollars and saved them until later', I got ticket #2 and#24 of a roll of 25. the clerk should have given me #2and #3 0r #24 and #23 I want buy there agan.most of the time 1 of 5 in seq. on the higher price tickets are winners.  AM I WRONG