Welcome Guest
You last visited December 5, 2016, 9:28 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

I think I woke up the neighbors LOL

Topic closed. 22 replies. Last post 9 years ago by tntea.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
justxploring's avatar - villiarna
Wandering Aimlessly
United States
Member #25360
November 5, 2005
4461 Posts
Posted: January 15, 2008, 1:58 pm - IP Logged

Congrats on your win! that kicks ass,

What are typical 4/5 pay-ous in FL?

FL pick-5 is a pari-mutuel game, so it varies.  However, it ranges from $50 to $100 most of the time.  What I won is average for 4/5

In Lotto, I've seen 5/6 as low as $2,500 and as high as $11,000 depending on the pot & number of winners splitting it, but it averages $5,000.  I haven't hit that (yet!) 

x1kosmic - I will probably skip my numbers for a while.  I've never seen 4 numbers repeat for a few months. Last time for me was in Aug.  I won't be upset if I miss out on 3/5 since it pays about $9 or $10.  That's always nice too, so I keep my annual losses down, but I think it makes more sense to play other numbers or use the dollar to buy a QP, at least for a few days.  I know it's random, but I need to look at all the dates to see if 3 numbers or 4 ever repeated in a month.  The winning number last night was very low, 19 being the highest number drawn.  That is also not common, but I don't think the 3 winners are complaining!

Wandering Aimlessly
    United States
    Member #25360
    November 5, 2005
    4461 Posts
    Posted: January 17, 2008, 2:18 am - IP Logged

I would have won something 2 more times this week (and it's only Wed) had I continued to play my numbers.  I didn't.  I'm not trying to knock the people who promote using systems, but reading so much that numbers don't repeat and how low numbers rarely get picked, etc. has influenced me.  I should have kept playing the same numbers. The winning numbers on Monday were 2-7-8-10-19 and tonight were 2-6-8-11-19   It's true that this isn't common and that the payouts were lower because of multiple winners, but I doubt if the winners are complaining too much!

Smiley

Well, maybe the big one is around the corner! 

Wandering Aimlessly
      United States
      Member #25360
      November 5, 2005
      4461 Posts
      Posted: January 18, 2008, 5:03 am - IP Logged

Yikes, had I continued to play my regular numbers, I would have also won on Thurs (that's every night this week)  So much for numbers not repeating or all low numbers aren't good choices. I wouldn't have minded sharing with the multiple winners had I hit even the lowest jackpot where 7 people got about $37K each.  That's more than many people make in a year or even 2 and $37K more if you don't have a job!  My birthday is 3-19 (which came up tonight) and 19 has been drawn 3 out of 4 nights. 

bashley572's avatar - starwars14
        West Side of Sunny Florida
        United States
        Member #55048
        September 8, 2007
        3371 Posts
        Posted: January 18, 2008, 12:43 pm - IP Logged

CONGRATS!!!

I hit on the NY Take 5 about 10 years ago, 4 out of 5 #'s.  The 5th # was 24 & I had played 25 - so I only missed the jackpot by 1 digit!!!!!!

Money won is twice as good as money earned!

Tenaj's avatar - michellea
          Charlotte NC
          United States
          Member #17406
          June 18, 2005
          4053 Posts
          Posted: January 18, 2008, 12:49 pm - IP Logged

Congratulations Justx!

takeemtothebank

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
            mid-Ohio
            United States
            Member #9
            March 24, 2001
            19824 Posts
            Posted: January 19, 2008, 5:38 pm - IP Logged

Yikes, had I continued to play my regular numbers, I would have also won on Thurs (that's every night this week)  So much for numbers not repeating or all low numbers aren't good choices. I wouldn't have minded sharing with the multiple winners had I hit even the lowest jackpot where 7 people got about $37K each.  That's more than many people make in a year or even 2 and $37K more if you don't have a job!  My birthday is 3-19 (which came up tonight) and 19 has been drawn 3 out of 4 nights. 

I always have to laughGreen laughwhenever I hear lottery experts advising players to avoid playing combinations with lower numbers because the chances are greater that they will have to share a jackpot if they win.  A share of the jackpot is always better than a second tier prize and seldom does more than one person win the jackpot regardless of the winning numbers.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

Wandering Aimlessly
              United States
              Member #25360
              November 5, 2005
              4461 Posts
              Posted: January 19, 2008, 5:55 pm - IP Logged

I always have to laughGreen laughwhenever I hear lottery experts advising players to avoid playing combinations with lower numbers because the chances are greater that they will have to share a jackpot if they win.  A share of the jackpot is always better than a second tier prize and seldom does more than one person win the jackpot regardless of the winning numbers.

I Agree!

RJOh -  I was about to start a thread or poll about sharing.  A win is a win, isn't it?   Maybe I did post it.  (my mind is going)  I mean, some people think it's your one shot so it has to be huge, I guess. 

I hope I don't sound as if I am blaming anyone, because I could have bet anything I wanted and most of us change numbers from time to time. I chose not to play the winning combination on Monday because I didn't want to spend more money.  However, while I was staring at several tickets in my shoebox with those exact 5 numbers, I got really depressed.  I will try to cheer up and hope for another win soon.   

Interesting pattern here.  On Thur night 3-16 was picked and on Fri it was also picked.  Mon and Tues both had 2-10-19 in the winning combination.  There have been many 1 and 2 numbers repeating.  In 2 of the jackpots this week, the highest number was only 19.  I admit that is unusual.

Anyway, I totally agree with your post.   

tntea's avatar - Lottery-059.jpg

United States
                Member #5344
                June 30, 2004
                23641 Posts
                Posted: February 2, 2008, 11:43 am - IP Logged

I wouldn't mind sharing a pot.. lol

I am working on Powerball Pool #45 right now.. Which will contain 20 people...  Hope we win it ... with or without another winner out there...

OLD/Vtrac   Lottery Bible         Double Warnings      Thumbs Up TN F34/F44