Welcome Guest
You last visited December 4, 2016, 11:27 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Dear Governor Rendell

Topic closed. 8 replies. Last post 9 years ago by psykomo.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #119
February 19, 2002
527 Posts
Posted: January 20, 2008, 10:38 pm - IP Logged

Dear Governor Rendell,

Are you aware of what our Lottery Executives are doing?  I am writing you to protest decisions they are making that continue to destroy the PA Lottery as well as the enthusiasm of those who play in our great state.

One, the number matrix of the very popular Cash 5 Game, a game won at least every other night on average, is increasing from 39 numbers to 43 numbers and this increases the odds against Pennsylvanians winning.  This is probably the most popular PA game yet your executives have seen fit to increase the number field which will frustrate players while amassing more money for the lottery. 

I ask you sir, is defrauding honest, taxpaying citizens of the Commonwealth the only way to increase the state's revenues?  Your executives will tell you that they have increased the jackpot in response to players' requests.  I think they are exaggerating what players really want: a fair Cash 5 game that inspires hope.  The 5/39 matrix is a classic Cash 5 matrix found in many other states.

Second, in 2007, your lottery executives implemented a 5/30 game that not only has a paltry starting jackpot of $10,000 but the winning combination is also selected by computers!  In survey after survey, players across the country are railing against computerized lottery games.  

Please use your Executive Authority to correct these horrendous decisions that undermine the faith, trust, and confidence of PA's faithful lottery players.  Thank you. 

NASHVILLE, TENN
    United States
    Member #33372
    February 20, 2006
    1044 Posts
    Posted: January 21, 2008, 8:46 pm - IP Logged

Unless he is running for re-election and you can produce a petition with enough signatures to get his attention, you might have a problem correcting these atrocities.

I wish you luck.  Here in Tennessee we have a few state legialature members that are in the process of forcing the lotto to go back to ball drawn.  Where these state senators came from is still a mystery.  You might have better luck contacting your state senator or state representative.  See where they stand.

Good luck.

TheGameGrl's avatar - character catafly.jpg
      A long and winding road
      United States
      Member #17084
      June 10, 2005
      4524 Posts
      Posted: January 21, 2008, 9:39 pm - IP Logged

I'll sign the petition!

~~Is it true, Is it kind,Is it necessary. ~~~

Thanks be to the giving numbers: 1621,912,119 02014

LOTTOMIKE's avatar - cash money.jpg
        Tennessee
        United States
        Member #7853
        October 15, 2004
        11338 Posts
        Posted: January 22, 2008, 1:52 am - IP Logged

thanks for bringing this to our attention.these idiots are going to continue to do things like this to lottery players in every state.its not going to get better but continue to get worse.is everything in the afternoon pennsylvania drawings computerized?  if so just hope like hell they don't end up RNG in the evening too.i never would've thought tennessee would end up computerized but i learned real quick not to get to cozy and content because they sure pulled a fast one on me.i think jimmysand9 from PA on here was the very first one to point out to us here that tennessee had something on its website about an exciting new way to draw the games.i think we all knew what was next.i'd be keeping a close eye on the PA lottery website.these jokers can be more sneaky and crooked than a desperate politician.i don't doubt anything these people running state lotteries do anymore.i will say this.don't ever put it past them to pull some very lowdown,sneaky trick because they will.

LOTTOMIKE's avatar - cash money.jpg
          Tennessee
          United States
          Member #7853
          October 15, 2004
          11338 Posts
          Posted: January 22, 2008, 1:56 am - IP Logged

sorry i ranted... but i think 43 numbers in a 5 number game is cheating the players.one or two other states do this.i know missouri has 43 numbers and i might be wrong but i think new jersey did do something like this.hope like hell it isn't a trend.next thing you know all these other states will follow with similar changes.i guess they think by raising the matrix the jackpot will tend to grow to a bigger amount but in these days of 300 million dollar powerball and mega million jackpots i don't see why they would be so worried about a few extra thousand on a pick 5 game.you have to understand these people are politicians looking to milk every single dime they can get.

benmas's avatar - waveform
            Rhode Island
            United States
            Member #56010
            October 28, 2007
            434 Posts
            Posted: January 22, 2008, 2:28 am - IP Logged

The odds for jackpot of the PA Cash 5 game will go from 575,757 to 962,598 or a 1.67 increase.

The starting jackpot for the New Cash 5 will change from $100,000 to $125,000 or a 1.25 increase.

My feeling is...if the decided to absolutely make a change to the game do it with 42 balls (3 extra balls)  the odds would have been 850,668 a 1.47 increase...4 extra balls indicates that they don't care because they know they will have their way... people will still play this game

benmas's avatar - waveform
              Rhode Island
              United States
              Member #56010
              October 28, 2007
              434 Posts
              Posted: January 22, 2008, 3:30 am - IP Logged

I BET there will be some people (I am talking especially about those that play rarely on occassion, play QPs and are not aware the game will change Feb 1.) when they see the QP for the Cash 5 they asked for contains a # with 40s in it (or even better a QP line with #43 in it). Since these people are not used to seeing that before on their tickets they will be left thinking something is WRONG here....Well ..surprise...the game just got a little harder sucker...

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
                Chief Bottle Washer
                New Jersey
                United States
                Member #1
                May 31, 2000
                23260 Posts
                Posted: January 22, 2008, 8:54 am - IP Logged

Dear Governor Rendell,

Are you aware of what our Lottery Executives are doing?  I am writing you to protest decisions they are making that continue to destroy the PA Lottery as well as the enthusiasm of those who play in our great state.

One, the number matrix of the very popular Cash 5 Game, a game won at least every other night on average, is increasing from 39 numbers to 43 numbers and this increases the odds against Pennsylvanians winning.  This is probably the most popular PA game yet your executives have seen fit to increase the number field which will frustrate players while amassing more money for the lottery. 

I ask you sir, is defrauding honest, taxpaying citizens of the Commonwealth the only way to increase the state's revenues?  Your executives will tell you that they have increased the jackpot in response to players' requests.  I think they are exaggerating what players really want: a fair Cash 5 game that inspires hope.  The 5/39 matrix is a classic Cash 5 matrix found in many other states.

Second, in 2007, your lottery executives implemented a 5/30 game that not only has a paltry starting jackpot of $10,000 but the winning combination is also selected by computers!  In survey after survey, players across the country are railing against computerized lottery games.  

Please use your Executive Authority to correct these horrendous decisions that undermine the faith, trust, and confidence of PA's faithful lottery players.  Thank you. 

GREAT letter Greg.  You hit on some really excellent points.  I hope you e-mail a link to your post directly to the Governor as well as the lottery.  (http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/169293)

Check the State Lottery Report Card
                What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
                Help eliminate computerized drawings!

psykomo's avatar - animal shark.jpg

United States
                  Member #4877
                  May 30, 2004
                  5118 Posts
                  Posted: January 22, 2008, 11:11 am - IP Logged

Unless he is running for re-election and you can produce a petition with enough signatures to get his attention, you might have a problem correcting these atrocities.

I wish you luck.  Here in Tennessee we have a few state legialature members that are in the process of forcing the lotto to go back to ball drawn.  Where these state senators came from is still a mystery.  You might have better luck contacting your state senator or state representative.  See where they stand.

Good luck.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>THANK'SSSSSSS..............GMG:

I Agree!wituuuuuuuuccccccchHHHHHHHHHHHHUUU>>>>>>>>>>!!!!

MAY i add the note that all state's R READY to Consolidate and

therefore,  set standards on how too forumalorate all lotteries to

work like CLOCK's that will make the INCOME all state's EXPECT to

make  without any RISK to any politician or decision maker who

has anything to do with RUIN's of the lottery & SQUEEZ'ng the PUR PLAYER>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 

Translation.....they are writing a lottery playbook not in favor of

the player of their GAME & stacking the DECK against YOU!!!!!!!

Noth'g new as the HOUSE alway's HAVE RIGHT

to protect THEMSELVE'ssssssssssssssssssssssss

WHY can't a government run lotto or lottery not

take "advantage" of their customer's TOO!!!!!!!!

Is it the government who feels soorry for YOU?

PSYKO don't THINK $Oah so 

LOL