Welcome Guest
You last visited January 21, 2017, 5:35 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

BOOK: You're Broke Because You Want To Be

Topic closed. 23 replies. Last post 9 years ago by Jimiam.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #17555
June 22, 2005
5582 Posts
Posted: January 25, 2008, 1:25 pm - IP Logged

Pac, your post reminded me of this song! As I was reading your post this song automatically popped into my head! LOL

What do you mean,
"I don't believe in God"?
I talk to him everyday.
What do you mean,
"I don't support your system"?
I go to court when I have to.
What do you mean,
"I can't get to work on time"?
I got nothing better to do.
And, what do you mean,
"I don't pay my bills"?
Why do you think I'm broke? Huh?

If there is the new way,
I'll be the first in line.
But, it better work this time.

What do you mean,
"I hurt your feelings"?
I didn't know you had any feelings.
What do you mean,
"I ain't kind"?
I'm just not your kind.
What do you mean,
"I couldn't be president
of the U.S.A."?
Tell me something, it's still

"We the people,"right?

Can you put a prise on peace?

Peace sells..., but who's buying?

What's the name of the song, "Questions" ?...lol

Guitar

Clairvoyance's avatar - eye storm.jpg

United States
    Member #26882
    November 23, 2005
    1404 Posts
    Posted: January 25, 2008, 1:36 pm - IP Logged

What's the name of the song, "Questions" ?...lol

Guitar

Well it would appear that way with all the question marks hey  Its Peace Sells: By Megadeth. I like the music to it!

Should have a line in it that says: What do you mean I don't support my country, I buy tons of lottery tickets......Don't I???? LOL

United States
      Member #17555
      June 22, 2005
      5582 Posts
      Posted: January 25, 2008, 1:50 pm - IP Logged

Well it would appear that way with all the question marks hey  Its Peace Sells: By Megadeth. I like the music to it!

Should have a line in it that says: What do you mean I don't support my country, I buy tons of lottery tickets......Don't I???? LOL

Cool, I like some of their songs. I'm gonna go to youtube and see if someone has uploaded that song.

http://www.lotterypost.com/blog/19041

tntea's avatar - Lottery-059.jpg

United States
        Member #5344
        June 30, 2004
        23641 Posts
        Posted: January 25, 2008, 2:40 pm - IP Logged

I wish people would pay their bills so they would have decent credit... Not too much to ask for is it?

I get so tired of people coming onto the lot and saying,   "I can't get a loan, my credit stinks, or is bad, or is really bad"...

I am so tired of having to come up with something to respond to that...

It is like they are saying,   "I have already ripped everyone else off, will you give me a chance to tear at you a while."

OLD/Vtrac   Lottery Bible         Double Warnings      Thumbs Up TN F34/F44

Tenaj's avatar - michellea
          Charlotte NC
          United States
          Member #17406
          June 18, 2005
          4054 Posts
          Posted: January 25, 2008, 3:01 pm - IP Logged

I wish people would pay their bills so they would have decent credit... Not too much to ask for is it?

I get so tired of people coming onto the lot and saying,   "I can't get a loan, my credit stinks, or is bad, or is really bad"...

It is like they are saying,   "I have already ripped everyone else off, will you give me a chance to tear at you a while."

Puke If you are so sick and tired of that why don't you do something else so that you can feel better.   

takeemtothebank

United States
            Member #17555
            June 22, 2005
            5582 Posts
            Posted: January 25, 2008, 3:27 pm - IP Logged

People have to keep up with the Jones'. So they rack up their credit limits to the hilt in order to acheive this goal. Credit card companies shove the cards in the mail to the masses and get mad when people can't pay but the minimum (which is mostly interest), and are up to their ears in debt.

Afterall, you can't blame them, they look at Government as a mentor. With a few trillion in debt, this govt. plays a good role model.

justxploring's avatar - villiarna
              Wandering Aimlessly
              United States
              Member #25360
              November 5, 2005
              4461 Posts
              Posted: January 25, 2008, 3:52 pm - IP Logged

In many cases it is because people are irresponsible, but in some it isn't.  A couple of years ago I worked as a loan processor.  I didn't determine the rate or term, but I contacted the people and, if they accepted the loan and I could establish they qualified, I'd put through the paperwork to the bank.  I spent too much time helping people.  Anyway, a few people had 6 figure incomes and lousy credit, but others had gone through some hard times because of illness, divorce, loss of a job and other reasons beyond their control.

"I am so tired of having to come up with something to respond to that"

I do understand you, because I sometimes have the same complaint.  I was working in a furniture store and people with no money or credit would walk in and I'd spend an hour with them putting together a furniture package.  90% paid cash or used a credit card, but we also offered credit. When I sent in the application, sometimes it would come back declined & showed that these people had already been to 2 other stores that weekend, so they knew they'd be turned down, but maybe hoped for some really strange reason our lender wouldn't find out???  (I have no idea!)  Since I bought my stuff at an auction and went to thrift shops and garage sales, I had no pity for them to be perfectly honest.  I sat on a bean bag for a year before I could afford a couch!  These young married couples would come in and want to spend $10,000 on a livingroom & bedroom set when they were up to their eyeballs in debt.  They were working people with good incomes too.

But then there were those who had very little and weren't aware of the prices until they walked in, so I'd write down the names of less expensive stores where they had damaged or used goods.  I once sent someone to Goodwill and got a thank you card they sent to my manager praising me for caring so much since I didn't have anything in their price range. I had seen a nice mattress there for only $60 and explained how they could sterilize it. 

So, yes, tntea, I've talked to people who go out and buy expensive televisions & new clothes and then complain when the electricity is shut off for non-payment.  However, not everyone is like that.  I am not sure what it is that you do for a living (you must have 3 jobs..teacher, convenient store, car dealer... or you teach on a car lot that sells lottery tickets. lol) but it's none of my business, especially with all the jobs I've had!  However, I've worked at both new & used car dealerships so I can tell you how to respond.

Any good salesperson knows that being polite and courteous and never passing judgment by the way someone looks or speaks is the only way to treat people of all backgrounds.  So my response to "My credit stinks" might be "why don't you come in and sit down and I'll see what I can do for you. We have many different programs and, although I can't promise you'll qualify for one, I'll do my best to find you something that works. If it doesn't, the only thing you've lost is a little time."

rcbbuckeye's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
                Texas
                United States
                Member #55889
                October 23, 2007
                5761 Posts
                Posted: January 28, 2008, 6:36 pm - IP Logged

Wecome to my little world. LOL.

Actually, it's not that bad where I am, (the economy that is). I rarely if ever have credit TD's.

Jimiam's avatar - ICONATOR 4af8c649273bc68ca3f95ed9dd755e65.jpg

United States
                  Member #39406
                  May 15, 2006
                  287 Posts
                  Posted: January 29, 2008, 9:39 pm - IP Logged

I'm already rich, thank you. Right round da ring piece.