Welcome Guest
You last visited December 8, 2016, 3:03 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

In Really Bad Shape Right Now

Topic closed. 23 replies. Last post 9 years ago by dvdiva.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
JAP69's avatar - alas
South Carolina
United States
Member #6
November 4, 2001
8790 Posts
Posted: January 29, 2008, 3:58 pm - IP Logged

Thanks for the explanation Todd.

Obviously you confronted the dilema head on and met the challenge to get the site back up and running as quickly as possible.

Jake's avatar - animal bird.jpg

United States
    Member #2217
    September 1, 2003
    985 Posts
    Posted: January 29, 2008, 5:11 pm - IP Logged

Hey Todd, thanks for keeping us in the loop.  I wish I could be of help on a technical level.  When I read your post, I had some immediate thoughts that I'll share but, of course, for entertainment purposes only....

Sleeping on it is a very good idea.  There seems to be potential for not sleeping/resting well.  A time out and regrouping is important.

Something is going on that you don't know about - I don't think this has anything to do with your technical skills or abilities.  I think the answer to the problem lies more in the hand of another than in yours.  I think the other hand is a negative one.   Down the line from this crisis (and maybe as an indirect result of it), I wonder if an offer will come to you that might open another door.   You need to trust your intuition now more than ever.

You are probably going to need help and offers of help will come (okay, not a stretch given I know there are some great minds here at LP)

Oh yes, Mercury has retrograded and we have Capricorn, all business, all over the place.  The thing about the Capricorn influence is that this is when we succeed because failure truly is not an option.  All about stubboress, pride and sheer will of spirit.    The problem is that the combination can be exhausting, frustrating and really raise the blood pressure.    You do a great job, in my opinion, of maintaining this day in and day out.   I appreciate the effort it must take.   J

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
      Chief Bottle Washer
      New Jersey
      United States
      Member #1
      May 31, 2000
      23273 Posts
      Posted: January 29, 2008, 9:46 pm - IP Logged

Hey Todd, thanks for keeping us in the loop.  I wish I could be of help on a technical level.  When I read your post, I had some immediate thoughts that I'll share but, of course, for entertainment purposes only....

Sleeping on it is a very good idea.  There seems to be potential for not sleeping/resting well.  A time out and regrouping is important.

Something is going on that you don't know about - I don't think this has anything to do with your technical skills or abilities.  I think the answer to the problem lies more in the hand of another than in yours.  I think the other hand is a negative one.   Down the line from this crisis (and maybe as an indirect result of it), I wonder if an offer will come to you that might open another door.   You need to trust your intuition now more than ever.

You are probably going to need help and offers of help will come (okay, not a stretch given I know there are some great minds here at LP)

Oh yes, Mercury has retrograded and we have Capricorn, all business, all over the place.  The thing about the Capricorn influence is that this is when we succeed because failure truly is not an option.  All about stubboress, pride and sheer will of spirit.    The problem is that the combination can be exhausting, frustrating and really raise the blood pressure.    You do a great job, in my opinion, of maintaining this day in and day out.   I appreciate the effort it must take.   J

Jake,

Thanks for the very thoughtful and interesting post.  I will keep this all in mind.

Check the State Lottery Report Card
      What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
      Help eliminate computerized drawings!

bootleg233's avatar - Lottery-034.jpg
        Tn
        United States
        Member #54963
        September 4, 2007
        1164 Posts
        Posted: January 29, 2008, 9:57 pm - IP Logged

Todd Thanks for all your work here and again ditto to the appreciated!!Hurray!

WHEN IT FEELS THE WHOLE WORLD SUCKS!

RELAX.........IT'S ONLY GRAVITY Big Smile

I think I can I think I can!!!!

Jorli D's avatar - nw saucyelf2.jpg
          Michigan
          United States
          Member #2448
          October 4, 2003
          25908 Posts
          Posted: January 29, 2008, 10:02 pm - IP Logged

Thank you Todd.  You and your hard work are very much appreciated!

ConstantlyB's avatar - chi
            Wilson
            United States
            Member #54516
            August 21, 2007
            2802 Posts
            Posted: January 29, 2008, 10:44 pm - IP Logged

Thanks Todd...I didn't know what was going on!

Being completely computer illiterate.....I thought it was something my daughter downloaded. LOL

Yes I was highly upset with her that evening. When I got back on the next day .....all was right with the world. I could access LP and connect with the LP family.

No harm ...no foul....and yes I apologized.

Have u ever noticed  how tough crow is .....when u have to eat it. Dessert...humble pie.

"MAKE THAT MONEY YA'LL"

wisdom from Tyler Perry's Madea:"It doesn't matter what people call you....it's what you answer to."

United States
              Member #17555
              June 22, 2005
              5582 Posts
              Posted: January 30, 2008, 10:25 pm - IP Logged

It's the Illuminati watching my blogs. They don't like being exposed.Wink

spy153's avatar - maren

United States
                Member #28409
                December 15, 2005
                1198 Posts
                Posted: February 1, 2008, 9:35 am - IP Logged

I'm glad you let us know.  I was wondering where you have been. 

voir-vous dans mes reves!Cool

dvdiva's avatar - 8ball

United States
                  Member #2338
                  September 17, 2003
                  2063 Posts
                  Posted: February 2, 2008, 10:15 pm - IP Logged

I've been curious what's used as a server. Xeon in a 2u chassis on a rack? I had a Xeon motherboard go bad when the IDE controller started generating corruption on drives. Certainly not cheap to replace. Most important thing are the backups.