Welcome Guest
You last visited December 4, 2016, 9:25 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Do you trust quick picks generated by the Lotteries?

Topic closed. 25 replies. Last post 9 years ago by LottoAce.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
JAP69's avatar - alas
South Carolina
United States
Member #6
November 4, 2001
8790 Posts
Posted: February 1, 2008, 1:59 pm - IP Logged

One thing about quick picks.

You decide to buy quick picks at least take what is given to you on a ticket.

I have been behind players who have purchased quick picks. They get their quick pick  tickets , then they look at the numbers they got on their lines. Then they start to blatt and whine about how they do not like the numbers given them.

I have seen them give them back to the teller for another ticket. These jackpot game tickets are non cancelable so the store or teller eats them.

I have been offered quick pick rejects as I have asked for quick picks. I buy the rejects. No problem .

time*treat's avatar - radar

United States
    Member #13130
    March 30, 2005
    2171 Posts
    Posted: February 1, 2008, 5:34 pm - IP Logged

I don't think there is anything to trust or not to trust.  I agree with Guesser's last statement

"It's all the luck of the draw, and I've seen some really goofy things hit in the last 6 months, all the more reason to chalk it up to randomness"

Tonight 1-5-6-7-10 won Fantasy 5.   A lot of people won, but they still won a lot more than I ever did.  Still, what are the odds that 5-6-7 will be drawn and all 5 numbers will be 10 or less in a 36 number game?  The answer is 376,992 to 1 or just like any other combination if it's all random.

Our Lotto has 6 numbers and odds of approx 23M to 1.  A couple of weeks ago 2 people split $47M.  One bought a QP and one didn't.  When they both got their checks, it didn't matter. 

I mean which winner was luckier?  The man who walked into 7-11 and said "I want a QP for Lotto" or the man who handed a card to a clerk at a grocery store. 

21 in 376,992 combos contain 5-6-7 & have all numbers 10 or less

1,2,5,6,7 1,5,6,7,082,3,5,6,7 2,5,6,7,093,5,6,7,08 4,5,6,7,085,6,7,8,09
     1,3,5,6,7 1,5,6,7,09 2,4,5,6,7 2,5,6,7,10 3,5,6,7,09 4,5,6,7,09 5,6,7,8,10
     1,4,5,6,7 1,5,6,7,10 2,5,6,7,8 3,4,5,6,07 3,5,6,7,10 4,5,6,7,10 5,6,7,9,10

In neo-conned Amerika, bank robs you.
    Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms should be the name of a convenience store, not a govnoment agency.

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
      Zeta Reticuli Star System
      United States
      Member #30470
      January 17, 2006
      10348 Posts
      Posted: February 2, 2008, 10:08 am - IP Logged

It sounds like some people think how you gt the numbers is more important than getting winning numbers.

Most sales are quick picks, most winners are quick picks, that's all there is to it. No amount of wanting it to be different is going to change it.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

tntea's avatar - Lottery-059.jpg

United States
        Member #5344
        June 30, 2004
        23641 Posts
        Posted: February 2, 2008, 11:20 am - IP Logged

I don't think there is anything to trust or not to trust.  I agree with Guesser's last statement

"It's all the luck of the draw, and I've seen some really goofy things hit in the last 6 months, all the more reason to chalk it up to randomness"

Tonight 1-5-6-7-10 won Fantasy 5.   A lot of people won, but they still won a lot more than I ever did.  Still, what are the odds that 5-6-7 will be drawn and all 5 numbers will be 10 or less in a 36 number game?  The answer is 376,992 to 1 or just like any other combination if it's all random.

Our Lotto has 6 numbers and odds of approx 23M to 1.  A couple of weeks ago 2 people split $47M.  One bought a QP and one didn't.  When they both got their checks, it didn't matter. 

I mean which winner was luckier?  The man who walked into 7-11 and said "I want a QP for Lotto" or the man who handed a card to a clerk at a grocery store. 

Those numbers look like something my grandson picks when we go to store together.  I give him a play slip and he colors in his choices.

Since he is only 5, he knows only a few numbers to read by sight... Nothing higher than 19..

OLD/Vtrac   Lottery Bible         Double Warnings      Thumbs Up TN F34/F44

tntea's avatar - Lottery-059.jpg

United States
          Member #5344
          June 30, 2004
          23641 Posts
          Posted: February 2, 2008, 11:23 am - IP Logged

I just checked to see where the winning tickets were sold and if they were QPs. Usually when the numbers are unusually low, the numbers are self-picks.  I am posting the press release in blue below.  As you can see, only one person won with a QP (from a Free Draw)  People always say "but when you win with low numbers, you often have to split the jackpot."  Yes, and in this case, a lot of people won. However, someone took a dollar and got 2/5 numbers and won a free ticket.  He then used that free ticket to buy a QP.  Now he has $36,234.21 tax. (no state tax)  Would you complain? I wouldn't.

Anyway, to stick to the OP, had I gotten a QP with 1-5-6-7-10 I would have said "Aw Sh** to myself when the clerk handed it to me.  Then, when I checked my numbers this morning, I would have felt silly but grateful. 

The Florida Lottery announced today that seven players matched all five winning numbers in the Wednesday, Jan. 30, FANTASY 5 drawing and will share a $253,639.47 top prize.

The lucky winners will each receive $36,234.21.

The winning FANTASY 5 numbers were:

01 - 05 - 06 - 07 - 10

The winning tickets was sold at the following locations:

Publix
          2261 W. New Haven Avenue
          West Melbourne (Brevard County)

Publix
          1150 Malabar Road Southeast
          Palm Bay (Brevard County)

Publix
          18900 N. Tamiami Trail
          North Fort Myers (Lee County)

Publix
          10801 Starkey Road Building 200
          Largo (Pinellas County)

Publix
          1324 Homestead Road North
          Lehigh (Lee County)

7-Eleven
          1447 Alton Road
          Miami Beach (Miami-Dade County)

Publix - Quick Pick (Free Play)
          935 N. Beneva Road, Suite 101
          Sarasota (Sarasota County)

The picks could have been birthday months for people. Who knows..

My favorite are

1, 2, 9, 16, 20

OLD/Vtrac   Lottery Bible         Double Warnings      Thumbs Up TN F34/F44

dingo's avatar - lottery of-birth.jpg
            San Jose, California
            United States
            Member #42003
            June 26, 2006
            206 Posts
            Posted: February 2, 2008, 11:50 am - IP Logged

I think winning tickets are more important. I often smiled when I got strange quick picks five (very small) regular numbers on my Mega Millions tickets. No matter what type of quick pick I get I hope that it will win.

djklaugh's avatar - Lottery-031.jpg
              Portland,Oregon
              United States
              Member #14387
              April 25, 2005
              229 Posts
              Posted: February 2, 2008, 5:45 pm - IP Logged

"I have seen them give them back to the teller for another ticket. These jackpot game tickets are non cancelable so the store or teller eats them.

I have been offered quick pick rejects as I have asked for quick picks. I buy the rejects. No problem ."

Me too! My favorite clerk one time was upset cuz a customer had asked for $50 of quick picks then said she'd done it wrong (he'd wanted the multipler and she didn't do that or vise versa I don't remember) and the customer stomped out without paying - so I bought those tickets - :) won $100  

Djklaugh

Some things have to be believed to be seen.

"I have not failed. I have just found ten thousand things that don't work".  Thomas Edison

ThatScaryChick's avatar - x1MqPuM
                Idaho
                United States
                Member #56506
                November 21, 2007
                6537 Posts
                Posted: February 2, 2008, 6:41 pm - IP Logged

"I have seen them give them back to the teller for another ticket. These jackpot game tickets are non cancelable so the store or teller eats them.

I have been offered quick pick rejects as I have asked for quick picks. I buy the rejects. No problem ."

Me too! My favorite clerk one time was upset cuz a customer had asked for $50 of quick picks then said she'd done it wrong (he'd wanted the multipler and she didn't do that or vise versa I don't remember) and the customer stomped out without paying - so I bought those tickets - :) won $100  

Congrats! Sometimes it pays to buy other peoples quickpicks.

"No one remembers the person who almost climbed the mountain, only the person who eventually gets to the top."

jarasan's avatar - new patrick.gif
                  Harbinger
                  D.C./MD.
                  United States
                  Member #44103
                  July 30, 2006
                  5583 Posts
                  Posted: February 2, 2008, 10:07 pm - IP Logged

I purchased boo-boo QPs, 2 weeks ago, 8 of them,  nary a single match. I do better when I am involved and in touch with my gambling choices. When you go to the race track, would you quick-pick horses?  I handicap numbers just like I handicap horses, I check em' out see how how they've been running and then try to pick the winners in any order.  The track boss ain't picking my horsies.

Go to fullsize image

Jack Pot's avatar - Lottery-028.jpg

United States
                    Member #55246
                    September 20, 2007
                    225 Posts
                    Posted: February 4, 2008, 11:54 am - IP Logged

Those numbers look like something my grandson picks when we go to store together.  I give him a play slip and he colors in his choices.

Since he is only 5, he knows only a few numbers to read by sight... Nothing higher than 19..

You let a 5 year-old shade the payslip? Isn't he too young to be exposed to gambling?

LottoAce's avatar - WWI Flying_Ace.gif
                      N.C.
                      United States
                      Member #56005
                      October 28, 2007
                      829 Posts
                      Posted: February 4, 2008, 5:03 pm - IP Logged

Sat, January 26, 2008  11 · 35 · 39 · 53 · 54    + 24  2  $25 Million 

That number selection was not as odd as you might think...

neighboring pairs, happen often in the powerball. I actually put up the exact pair of 53 and 54 the previous draw in the Powerball challenge. 24 was no surprise either...(it had had a pattern to it that could have fell on 23 or 24....of course I went with 23...AAAHHH!!!. 35 and 39 were both repeats. that draw I was expecting two repeats myself. unfortunately I picked the wrong ones!...I don't recall the pattern of 11 but....I think you get the picture.

I'm with Jarasan. Quick Picks for me take out some of the thrill and all of my personal touch. I enjoy tracking numbers.

Personally, I will never go back to buying Quick Picks, I have won way more money by picking my own numbers.

but, thats just me. and were all different.

whatever method works for you the best, keep doing it.

"know your limitations, but excede your expectations"