Welcome Guest
You last visited December 10, 2016, 11:28 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Brainstorming for *Key*(Power Numbers)

Topic closed. 23 replies. Last post 9 years ago by LottoAce.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
LottoAce's avatar - WWI Flying_Ace.gif
N.C.
United States
Member #56005
October 28, 2007
839 Posts
Posted: February 5, 2008, 9:14 pm - IP Logged

Most people I have found are like myself and have to play their respective lotteries on a budget.

Key number wheels of course make for better win guarantees with lower costs, however if the key number is incorrect it many times can ruin the entire wheel.

I have found that many times I have had all the numbers in a given wheel but because I missed the key number....I won nothing...

my question is what do you look for when choosing a *key* number?

"know your limitations, but excede your expectations"

JAP69's avatar - alas
    South Carolina
    United States
    Member #6
    November 4, 2001
    8790 Posts
    Posted: February 5, 2008, 9:28 pm - IP Logged

When I do play the pick 5 game I look for my key number(s) in the first spot or last spot of sorted position.

I will look to see what is frequently drawn or what may be due in that spot. It limits my choices rather than trying to figure all the numbers.

North Carolina Cash 5 Previous Lottery Results

Draw Date  Results 
    Mon, Feb 4, 200805-07-22-27-32
    Sun, Feb 3, 200801-09-16-28-35
    Sat, Feb 2, 200802-05-12-15-19
    Fri, Feb 1, 200805-09-24-25-37
    Thu, Jan 31, 200811-14-18-24-37
    Wed, Jan 30, 200803-05-12-23-32
    Tue, Jan 29, 200807-09-10-16-38
    Mon, Jan 28, 200804-08-09-30-34
    Sun, Jan 27, 200806-19-32-34-35
    Sat, Jan 26, 200803-07-11-15-25
      jackpotismine's avatar - kanji for_peace.jpg
      Kunming
      China
      Member #57910
      January 23, 2008
      3626 Posts
      Posted: February 5, 2008, 10:15 pm - IP Logged

Most people I have found are like myself and have to play their respective lotteries on a budget.

Key number wheels of course make for better win guarantees with lower costs, however if the key number is incorrect it many times can ruin the entire wheel.

I have found that many times I have had all the numbers in a given wheel but because I missed the key number....I won nothing...

If I knew how to pick 3 power number or key numbers I would win the jackpot for the 5/22 game here in China. Gail Howard has  a wheeling system win 5 of 5 with 3 power numbers using all 22 numbers 171 games. This game would cost me 342 yuan. I would take the chance and play this system if I had a good system for picking power numbers. I use previous night draw numbers and my gut feeling. No Jackpot. I think for any game picking one power number is difficult even for a game like pick 3. If you know which digit would come out on the first column that's 1/3 the battle. If you find something please let me know.

United States
        Member #17555
        June 22, 2005
        5582 Posts
        Posted: February 5, 2008, 10:53 pm - IP Logged

Very simple. In the p-3, all you would have to do is write 0-9 in the first column vertically.

0-

1-

2-

3-

4-

5-

6-

7-

8-

9-

One of those numbers would have to come out. All you have to do is figure out what the last two numbers are. This brings the odds down from a thousand to one, to a hundred to one.

In the p-5, 90 percent of the time, the first number is between 1-10, so do the same thing with a p-5 or p-6, and you're guaranteed to get atleast the first number right 90 percent of the time in the first position:

1-

2-

3-

4-

5-

6-

7-

8-

9-

10-

Now you only have to get 4 numbers right in a p-5 game, or 5 numbers in the lotto right for a jackpot. Pick any numbers that you might seem fit and fill in the remainders to the right.

Example:

1-12-18-22-33

2-14-15-27-28

3-04-09-15-26

4-14-23-25-29

5-19-20-27-29

6-08-11-33-34

7-11-26-28-32

8-25-30-31-33

9-17-23-25-35

10-14-16-20-21

ThatScaryChick's avatar - x1MqPuM
          Idaho
          United States
          Member #56506
          November 21, 2007
          6537 Posts
          Posted: February 5, 2008, 10:57 pm - IP Logged

When I do play the pick 5 game I look for my key number(s) in the first spot or last spot of sorted position.

I will look to see what is frequently drawn or what may be due in that spot. It limits my choices rather than trying to figure all the numbers.

North Carolina Cash 5 Previous Lottery Results

Draw Date  Results 
          Mon, Feb 4, 200805-07-22-27-32
          Sun, Feb 3, 200801-09-16-28-35
          Sat, Feb 2, 200802-05-12-15-19
          Fri, Feb 1, 200805-09-24-25-37
          Thu, Jan 31, 200811-14-18-24-37
          Wed, Jan 30, 200803-05-12-23-32
          Tue, Jan 29, 200807-09-10-16-38
          Mon, Jan 28, 200804-08-09-30-34
          Sun, Jan 27, 200806-19-32-34-35
          Sat, Jan 26, 200803-07-11-15-25

I actually like that idea.

United States
            Member #17555
            June 22, 2005
            5582 Posts
            Posted: February 5, 2008, 11:03 pm - IP Logged

I actually like that idea.

That's a great example. See how only one draw in ten had a number over 10 in the first position? The rest were 10 and under. 90 percent of the time.

Thanx scary chick...lol

guesser's avatar - Lottery-017.jpg

United States
              Member #41383
              June 16, 2006
              1969 Posts
              Posted: February 6, 2008, 2:13 am - IP Logged

I'm going to ask some questions, maybe you (all) will learn something, regardless of the game you play:

You all pick numbers or you would not be here, but that said:

1) When you pick numbers, do you write down WHY you picked those numbers ?

2) When you eliminate numbers, do you write down WHY you didn't play them ?

3) Last few games, were the majority of numbers odd numbers, or even numbers ?

That's just three things to get you started, I have about twelve other things to look for.  Will they guarantee you a win ?   NO, but they will probably get you more in the ballpark. 

Idaho
                United States
                Member #56506
                November 21, 2007
                6537 Posts
                Posted: February 6, 2008, 1:26 pm - IP Logged

That's a great example. See how only one draw in ten had a number over 10 in the first position? The rest were 10 and under. 90 percent of the time.

Thanx scary chick...lol

lol. I can't take credit. I was JAPs post that I quoted. Wink

"No one remembers the person who almost climbed the mountain, only the person who eventually gets to the top."

Idaho
                  United States
                  Member #56506
                  November 21, 2007
                  6537 Posts
                  Posted: February 6, 2008, 1:32 pm - IP Logged

I'm going to ask some questions, maybe you (all) will learn something, regardless of the game you play:

You all pick numbers or you would not be here, but that said:

1) When you pick numbers, do you write down WHY you picked those numbers ?

2) When you eliminate numbers, do you write down WHY you didn't play them ?

3) Last few games, were the majority of numbers odd numbers, or even numbers ?

That's just three things to get you started, I have about twelve other things to look for.  Will they guarantee you a win ?   NO, but they will probably get you more in the ballpark. 

Actually, when I really get into tracking numbers, I will note why I played certain numbers and not others and I do notice patterns of odd and even numbers. An example would be, if I notice that more odd sets of numbers come out for a number of draws, I tend to play more even sets. I must admit thought that I don't always track this way. I really have to be in the mood to do this.

"No one remembers the person who almost climbed the mountain, only the person who eventually gets to the top."

Badger's avatar - adu50016 NorthAmericanBadger.jpg
                    Wisconsin
                    United States
                    Member #1303
                    March 27, 2003
                    1508 Posts
                    Posted: February 6, 2008, 7:27 pm - IP Logged

Yes, Key Number wheels are the best way to go.  And Key numbers incorrect do ruin it.

How do you pick your other numbers? You say you have had many times when you had all the numbers correct but not the Key.  Obviously you chose the incorrect Key.  If you had chosen one of the other numbers and used it as a Key, you would have cleaned up.

If you have a way of choosing that many correct numbers, I would say you should apply that same method to the Key.  After all, a Key Number is no different than any other number in a draw. It is only the placement of the Key Number that is different from the others.

============

How can you tell if a politician is lying?

Answer: His lips are moving.

jarasan's avatar - new patrick.gif
                      Harbinger
                      D.C./MD.
                      United States
                      Member #44103
                      July 30, 2006
                      5583 Posts
                      Posted: February 6, 2008, 10:00 pm - IP Logged

Key numbers, are numbers that are hot and  feel in your gut that are going to drop on the next draw.

Like tonight (PBall), I  think 11 in the WBS will drop because of its frequency over the past 10-15 games, and if it doesn't drop c'est la vie, also 8. 

The power ball # to me is key #1 and I will stick to a cold freezing PB# not hit in a long time like 33 for pball on every line because the "key" to hitting the jackpot is the Powerball #.

You can't contemplate this stuff too long, my head has burst at least three or four times and is quite messy. Go For It with intuition, if all else fails, a lot of times it is the best way. Just simply look at the past 10-20 draws and just look at the numbers,  one can wrap themselves around a group of numbers this size without the aid of any program, statistics, or formulae and see trends, "patterns", and derive some conclusions. 146,107,962 combos is hard to whittle down. If you stick to one Pball # and it hits your odds just became 1:3,563,608! Now if you have 1 Wb in addition to the PB your odds are now down to 1:14,254!

guesser's avatar - Lottery-017.jpg

United States
                        Member #41383
                        June 16, 2006
                        1969 Posts
                        Posted: February 7, 2008, 2:17 am - IP Logged

Key numbers, are numbers that are hot and  feel in your gut that are going to drop on the next draw.

Like tonight (PBall), I  think 11 in the WBS will drop because of its frequency over the past 10-15 games, and if it doesn't drop c'est la vie, also 8. 

The power ball # to me is key #1 and I will stick to a cold freezing PB# not hit in a long time like 33 for pball on every line because the "key" to hitting the jackpot is the Powerball #.

You can't contemplate this stuff too long, my head has burst at least three or four times and is quite messy. Go For It with intuition, if all else fails, a lot of times it is the best way. Just simply look at the past 10-20 draws and just look at the numbers,  one can wrap themselves around a group of numbers this size without the aid of any program, statistics, or formulae and see trends, "patterns", and derive some conclusions. 146,107,962 combos is hard to whittle down. If you stick to one Pball # and it hits your odds just became 1:3,563,608! Now if you have 1 Wb in addition to the PB your odds are now down to 1:14,254!

I respectfully disagree, but, there is no 'right' way to pick numbers - if there was, folks would hit it every time.

That said, I don't think you can play ALL 'hot' numbers in a game - my stats prove that is just not the way to go, and the 2/6/08 drawing proves that.

N.C.
                          United States
                          Member #56005
                          October 28, 2007
                          839 Posts
                          Posted: February 7, 2008, 4:17 pm - IP Logged

First off, I would Like to thank everyone for thier input. some of you really gave some good insight.

I don't believe there are any right or wrong answers or methods when choosing numbers. Now I do have my personal style which will vary from draw to draw.

I unlike some people will never confess to knowing it all. the lottery is my passion, and I will continue to try and find more effective playing methods probably untill I die.

I choose to believe that nothing is truly random in this universe and that there are indeed patterns and trends to everything. and if that is so, then I believe that tracking these bios seriously lower the odds. which is why you handicap numbers to begin with.

when I first started playing I couldn't hit a single number. Now, that I have studied the lottery if I went without picking at least one winning number I would probably punch a hole in the wall!!

hopefully, your input will help me become a better player.

Thanks again,

Peace, Grace, and Luck

Las Vegas, NV
                            United States
                            Member #44841
                            August 9, 2006
                            1749 Posts
                            Posted: February 7, 2008, 4:30 pm - IP Logged

First off, I would Like to thank everyone for thier input. some of you really gave some good insight.

I don't believe there are any right or wrong answers or methods when choosing numbers. Now I do have my personal style which will vary from draw to draw.

I unlike some people will never confess to knowing it all. the lottery is my passion, and I will continue to try and find more effective playing methods probably untill I die.

I choose to believe that nothing is truly random in this universe and that there are indeed patterns and trends to everything. and if that is so, then I believe that tracking these bios seriously lower the odds. which is why you handicap numbers to begin with.

when I first started playing I couldn't hit a single number. Now, that I have studied the lottery if I went without picking at least one winning number I would probably punch a hole in the wall!!

hopefully, your input will help me become a better player.

Thanks again,

Peace, Grace, and Luck

Have you tried using any of Gail Howard's stuff?  Her program does exactly what you're looking for, tracks trends, patterns etc. and I understand some of the resources here at LP will do that as well with a Platinum membership.  I've found that tracking the #'s that like to "play together most often" helps in picking the "key" or "power" number.  Then looking to see which of those let's say "friendly" #'s is due ... and then making a wheel incorporating those #'s while trying at the same time to keep the wheel to no more than 15 #'s in a P5 game.  NJ's P5 goes to 40. 

Good luck to you!

N.C.
                              United States
                              Member #56005
                              October 28, 2007
                              839 Posts
                              Posted: February 7, 2008, 7:19 pm - IP Logged

Have you tried using any of Gail Howard's stuff?  Her program does exactly what you're looking for, tracks trends, patterns etc. and I understand some of the resources here at LP will do that as well with a Platinum membership.  I've found that tracking the #'s that like to "play together most often" helps in picking the "key" or "power" number.  Then looking to see which of those let's say "friendly" #'s is due ... and then making a wheel incorporating those #'s while trying at the same time to keep the wheel to no more than 15 #'s in a P5 game.  NJ's P5 goes to 40. 

Good luck to you!

Yes, I use Gail's systems. I'll usually try to find a skip/last diget/ thats due and work from there. that way if I'm correct about the skip I have at least a 1 in 5 chance of hitting my Power/ (Key) number.

it I'm expecting 2 cold numbers or more I might Key a Longshot.

just depends on what I see.

but I know from my records, I'm only hitting a power number about 40% of the time. have only hit 2 power numbers 4 times and 3 power numbers once. sounds great, but this is over a 38 game period.

I've tried limiting and even eliminating my power numbers but sometimes thats just not possible. even though I'm in a pool, its a very small one and its hard to fit in all the numbers that everyone wants to play and still stick to the pools budget.

I haven't checked been able to successfully use the Companion number chart in the Powerball.

any pointers?