Welcome Guest
You last visited January 17, 2017, 5:54 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Brainstorming for *Key*(Power Numbers)

Topic closed. 23 replies. Last post 9 years ago by LottoAce.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
LottoAce's avatar - WWI Flying_Ace.gif
N.C.
United States
Member #56005
October 28, 2007
877 Posts
Posted: February 7, 2008, 7:24 pm - IP Logged

Key numbers, are numbers that are hot and  feel in your gut that are going to drop on the next draw.

Like tonight (PBall), I  think 11 in the WBS will drop because of its frequency over the past 10-15 games, and if it doesn't drop c'est la vie, also 8. 

The power ball # to me is key #1 and I will stick to a cold freezing PB# not hit in a long time like 33 for pball on every line because the "key" to hitting the jackpot is the Powerball #.

You can't contemplate this stuff too long, my head has burst at least three or four times and is quite messy. Go For It with intuition, if all else fails, a lot of times it is the best way. Just simply look at the past 10-20 draws and just look at the numbers,  one can wrap themselves around a group of numbers this size without the aid of any program, statistics, or formulae and see trends, "patterns", and derive some conclusions. 146,107,962 combos is hard to whittle down. If you stick to one Pball # and it hits your odds just became 1:3,563,608! Now if you have 1 Wb in addition to the PB your odds are now down to 1:14,254!

Good point about trusting your instincts, there have been times I have backed off a number that I knew I should have played, and other times when I have played numbers in a number group that I had a feeling were going to be a no show. (ex...playing 22, when I wasn't expecting a 20's number to hit)

"know your limitations, but excede your expectations"

N.C.
    United States
    Member #56005
    October 28, 2007
    877 Posts
    Posted: February 7, 2008, 7:26 pm - IP Logged

When I do play the pick 5 game I look for my key number(s) in the first spot or last spot of sorted position.

I will look to see what is frequently drawn or what may be due in that spot. It limits my choices rather than trying to figure all the numbers.

North Carolina Cash 5 Previous Lottery Results

Draw Date  Results 
    Mon, Feb 4, 200805-07-22-27-32
    Sun, Feb 3, 200801-09-16-28-35
    Sat, Feb 2, 200802-05-12-15-19
    Fri, Feb 1, 200805-09-24-25-37
    Thu, Jan 31, 200811-14-18-24-37
    Wed, Jan 30, 200803-05-12-23-32
    Tue, Jan 29, 200807-09-10-16-38
    Mon, Jan 28, 200804-08-09-30-34
    Sun, Jan 27, 200806-19-32-34-35
    Sat, Jan 26, 200803-07-11-15-25

good stragety for picking repeats.....

never looked at it like that.

N.C.
      United States
      Member #56005
      October 28, 2007
      877 Posts
      Posted: February 7, 2008, 7:37 pm - IP Logged

I'm going to ask some questions, maybe you (all) will learn something, regardless of the game you play:

You all pick numbers or you would not be here, but that said:

1) When you pick numbers, do you write down WHY you picked those numbers ?

2) When you eliminate numbers, do you write down WHY you didn't play them ?

3) Last few games, were the majority of numbers odd numbers, or even numbers ?

That's just three things to get you started, I have about twelve other things to look for.  Will they guarantee you a win ?   NO, but they will probably get you more in the ballpark. 

Great Advice for anyone!!!

I personally have copies of my charts highlighted in different colors. anytime I want to review I mearly have to grab the stack of papers.

this procedure documents what numbers I chose, and why I chose them. what numbers I elimate and why, and also the bios of odd/even, hot/cold high/low.

it also allows me to see what patterns I got suckered into playing.

most importantly it gives me an overall view of how I played the draw.

hopefully, so that I will not continue to make the same mistakes over and over again.

N.C.
        United States
        Member #56005
        October 28, 2007
        877 Posts
        Posted: February 7, 2008, 7:43 pm - IP Logged

Yes, Key Number wheels are the best way to go.  And Key numbers incorrect do ruin it.

How do you pick your other numbers? You say you have had many times when you had all the numbers correct but not the Key.  Obviously you chose the incorrect Key.  If you had chosen one of the other numbers and used it as a Key, you would have cleaned up.

If you have a way of choosing that many correct numbers, I would say you should apply that same method to the Key.  After all, a Key Number is no different than any other number in a draw. It is only the placement of the Key Number that is different from the others.

I play the most probable choices. narrowing the playing field down to 28 numbers is easy. narrowing one number that has to hit, for me; is an entirely different matter.

maybe your right. I may just be over thinking it.

N.C.
          United States
          Member #56005
          October 28, 2007
          877 Posts
          Posted: February 7, 2008, 7:45 pm - IP Logged

Interesting.....

I'll have to try that, next time I get a run of numbers from an expected group and can't decide on which ones to play.

N.C.
            United States
            Member #56005
            October 28, 2007
            877 Posts
            Posted: February 7, 2008, 7:54 pm - IP Logged

If I knew how to pick 3 power number or key numbers I would win the jackpot for the 5/22 game here in China. Gail Howard has  a wheeling system win 5 of 5 with 3 power numbers using all 22 numbers 171 games. This game would cost me 342 yuan. I would take the chance and play this system if I had a good system for picking power numbers. I use previous night draw numbers and my gut feeling. No Jackpot. I think for any game picking one power number is difficult even for a game like pick 3. If you know which digit would come out on the first column that's 1/3 the battle. If you find something please let me know.

I believe you are right about the difficulty in picking one power number.

I have found that numbers coming in from the previous draw (Repeat) happen more often that any other skip. if you are expecting a repeat, power the repeat.

I have found in the Powerball that nearly 80% of the numbers that repeat, have previously repeated within the last 50 draws!

Good Luck

great999's avatar - skull
              Freeport, Grand Bahama
              Bahamas
              Member #41496
              June 18, 2006
              13 Posts
              Posted: February 7, 2008, 10:57 pm - IP Logged

I respectfully disagree, but, there is no 'right' way to pick numbers - if there was, folks would hit it every time.

That said, I don't think you can play ALL 'hot' numbers in a game - my stats prove that is just not the way to go, and the 2/6/08 drawing proves that.

I totally agree!  Playing all 'hot' or all 'cold' does not produce many winners.  I have found that it is more often a combination of hot or cold numbers that makes a winner.  The problem is deterimining that combination!

guesser's avatar - Lottery-017.jpg

United States
                Member #41383
                June 16, 2006
                1969 Posts
                Posted: February 8, 2008, 2:11 am - IP Logged

The best I can do is narrow the Red Ball down to about 8 numbers, and one of those 8 hits about 80% of the time, but you just cannot play them all.

And as far as '80% of the numbers that hit have also hit in the last 50 games', that still doesn't do a whole lot to narrow it down - right now there are 14 numbers that have not hit in 50+ games - and 10 of them are between numbers 25 and 36.....  I think this means your 80% number is more like 66.6%.

I have seen a PB not hit for 130 games, and then hit 3 times in 25 games, so it's hard to figure out what to do -  Go look at the history of PB 31 - it hit quite often after the ballset change - then it cooled way down... 

Gail Howard's books and software do nothing for me that I don't already do myself. 

N.C.
                  United States
                  Member #56005
                  October 28, 2007
                  877 Posts
                  Posted: February 8, 2008, 6:19 am - IP Logged

The best I can do is narrow the Red Ball down to about 8 numbers, and one of those 8 hits about 80% of the time, but you just cannot play them all.

And as far as '80% of the numbers that hit have also hit in the last 50 games', that still doesn't do a whole lot to narrow it down - right now there are 14 numbers that have not hit in 50+ games - and 10 of them are between numbers 25 and 36.....  I think this means your 80% number is more like 66.6%.

I have seen a PB not hit for 130 games, and then hit 3 times in 25 games, so it's hard to figure out what to do -  Go look at the history of PB 31 - it hit quite often after the ballset change - then it cooled way down... 

Gail Howard's books and software do nothing for me that I don't already do myself. 

you totally missed what I was saying.

I wasn't talking about just a hit. I was talking about a number that repeats. the history of one number (31) means nothing in the overall view of things.

and It helps believe me. if I can narrow down 5 numbers to just 2...it helps....every little thing you do, helps...

like football, in lottery we have to battle for every inch we get.